[ecis2016.org] A Miniratna company, NPCC is primarily involved in water resource projects
National Projects Construction Corporation Limited (NPCC), a ‘Miniratna’ company, was established in January 1957 as a premier construction company, to create the necessary infrastructure for economic development of India in irrigation and water resources, power and heavy industries. Its administrative control was transferred from the erstwhile Irrigation Ministry to the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, in 1989.
In over 63 years of its existence, the Corporation has successfully associated itself with the completion of several national projects, from the concept to commissioning stage. Over the years, its role has widened further, to cover housing and other projects too. A profit-making government entity, NPCC has also successfully executed several overseas projects.
[ecis2016.org] All you need to know about Housing and Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO)
NPCC’s areas of work
The NPCC is involved in the execution of civil works for thermal and hydro-electric projects, river valley projects, industrial structures and project management consultancy services for buildings, housing, roads, bridges and infrastructure projects.
Its areas of expertise include:
- Townships and buildings
- Public health engineering and environmental projects
- Surface transport projects
- Industrial structures
- Hydro-electric projects
- Thermal power projects
- Chimney/transmission projects
- Project management consultancy
- International projects
Ongoing projects by the NPCC
- College of Horticulture & Forestry at Pasighat, Arunachal Pradesh.
- Assam Rifles’ quarters at different locations in Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Tripura, Sikkim and Assam.
- Engineering College at Ramgarh and Polytechnic College at Pakur, Baharagora, Bhaga and Gola in Jharkhand.
- Construction of quarters at NALCO, Angul.
- Indira Gandhi National Tribal University campus at Amarkantak and Manipur.
- Construction of residential quarters and auditorium of the North Eastern Regional Institute of Water and Land Management (NERIWALM), Tezpur, Assam.
- Renovation work of National Institute of Homeopathy, Kolkata.
- Institute of Yoga Naturopathy at Karnataka.
- Construction of NIFM phase-II extension building works in Faridabad.
- Construction of the new office building for Central Institute for Tribal Medicine, Guwahati.
- Construction of Krishi Vigyan Kendra building at Aizawl, Mizoram.
- Construction of BOPs for BSF and establishment for Assam Rifles in the north-east region.
- Part construction of the CRIH Homeopathy building in Noida.
Also read all about Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited (RGRHCL)
- High altitude roads in Leh.
- PMGSY road works in Patna, Nalanda, Bhojpur, Buxer, Rohtas, Kaimur and Bihar.
- PMGSY works in Jharkhand and Ranchi.
- Indo-Bangla border fencing and road works in Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya and Assam.
- Border-over-post land floodlighting works in Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya and Assam.
- PMGSY road works in different districts of Uttar Pradesh, namely, Lalitpur, Mahoba, Chitrakoot, Jhansi, Sitapur, Hardoi and Fatehpur.
Irrigation and river valley projects
- Dolaithabi barrage in Manipur.
- Kalsi barrage, Tripura.
- Hydro-electric project at Hathiari, Dehradun.
Read all about the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)
Township and building projects by NPCC
- Rajiv Gandhi Memorial Hospital, Karnataka.
- 50-bed hospital at Dimapur, Nagaland.
- College of Fisheries at Agartala, Tripura.
- Institute building with residential complex, CGWB.
- Udyog Sadan for DSIDC, Delhi.
- Loknayak Bhawan, Patna, Bihar.
- Polytechnic building at GopalGanj, Bihar.
- Phytotron building at Pusa of ICAR, Delhi.
- Headquarters complex at Khumuling, Tripura.
- Residential quarters and hostel building at FGPP, Faridabad (Haryana).
- Bara Hindu Rao Hospital, Delhi.
- IISCO Housing complex at Bumpur, West Bengal.
- Permanent township at Singrauli STPP, UP.
- Khejuria Ghat Township, Farakka, West Bengal.
- Housing Complex for Bokaro TPS, Jharkhand.
- Field Hostel of Anpara TPS, UP.
- PETS Institute Complex at Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Building at Durgapur for Durgapur TPS, WB.
- Housing complex at Maithon, Bihar.
- MECL Complex at Nagpur and Ranchi,
- Township for Dankuni Coal Complex, WB.
- Workshop and allied buildings for MGR System, Anapara, UP.
- PETS Complex at Durgapur, WB.
- WTCER Complex, Bhudaneswar, Odisha.
- KRIES Complex in Karnataka.
- Tribal hostels and ashram schools in Tripura, Jharkhand and Karnataka.
- Foodgrain godowns at UP, Delhi and Rajasthan.
- Ancillary building for Jaggayyapeta Limestone Quarry VSP, Andhra Pradesh.
- DSP quarters, Durgapur, WB.
- PETS Building Complex, Faridabad, Haryana.
- Bus terminal complex at Bhaskrapet, Vijayawada, AP.
- Administrative building, Anpara, UP.
- CARI office and residential quarters, Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
NPCC contact information
Raja House, 30-31, Nehru Place,
Web Site: www.npcc.gov.in
- Banks cut base rates; home loans to be cheaper
- SC seeks centre, UP’s response on NGT’s refusal to declare Surajpur as wetland
- Hyderabad Airport expected to get clearance for 2nd phase of expansion
- Budget 2017: Realty welcomes reduction in long-term capital gains tenure
- Sector 79 Property Market : An Overview
Plot No- 148, Sector 44,
Gurugram – 122 003(Haryana)
Web Site: www.npcc.gov.in
When was NPCC established?
National Projects Construction Corporation (NPCC) Limited was established on January 9, 1957.
On how many projects is the NPCC working currently?
At present, the corporation is working at more than 130 project sites across India.
Is NPCC a government company?
The NPCC is a government of India enterprise.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org