[ecis2016.org] Know all about Aadhaar card including how to apply and how to check Aadhaar card status online
Aadhaar card has become an integral form of identification for every Indian citizen nowadays. The unique identification number (UID) makes availing of government services easier. As many services make having an Aadhaar card mandatory, applying for an Aadhaar card and keeping this mode of identification accurate and up-to-date has become a need today.
You are reading: How to check your Aadhaar card status online?
The Aadhaar card has a 12-digit number that is generated on the basis of the biometric and demographic details that are provided and are very specific to every individual. The Aadhaar card is valid for the entire lifetime of the person and doesn’t need to be renewed.
Aadhaar card: Eligibility
All Indian residents are eligible for getting an Aadhaar card. While the adults have the Aadhaar card, children below five years who are newborns or minors have the ‘Bal Aadhaar’ card. Also, NRIs staying in India for more than 12 months are eligible for Aadhaar.
Aadhaar card: Documents required
For getting your Aadhaar card, you need both proof of identity and proof of address.
As proof of identity, one needs documents
- PAN card
- Birth certificate.
As proof of address, one needs documents
- Ration card
- Voter id card
- Driving licence
Aadhaar card: How to enroll?
- To enroll for your Aadhaar card, visit the UIDAI website at https://uidai.gov.in/ and search for the nearest enrolment centre. Then collect your enrolment form and fill it with your details.
- Once the Aadhaar enrollment form is filled, submit the supporting documents and provide your biometrics that includes finger print and iris scan.
- Once this is done, you will get an acknowledgment form from the Aadhaar enrollment centre.
Baal Aadhaar card: How to enroll?
As mentioned above, Baal Aadhaar card is issued for new born or minor child upto 5 years of age. Baal Aadhaar card is blue in colour and the Bal Aadhaar card doesn’t include biometric information.
- To enrol for Baal Aadhaar card, on the UIDAI website at https://uidai.gov.in/ find the nearest enrolment centre. The Baal Aadhaar card will be linked to the Aadhaar card of one of the parents.
- Fill the enrolment Baal Aadhaar form with all details and submit the copy of birth certificate.
- A photo of the child will be taken. Once the process is done, you will get an acknowledgement. A verification SMS will be sent on registered mobile number after which the Baal Aadhaar card will be dispatched to your house.
Aadhaar card status check online: How to proceed?
Checking your Aadhaar card status online can be useful for applying for a new aadhaar or updating details on your current aadhaar card. Instead of frequently inquiring about Aadhaar card status at the enrolment center, checking Aadhaar card status online will make the process easier and less hectic.
Online Aadhaar card status check
The official website of UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) lets you check your Aadhaar card status online. You will need your enrollment ID, a 28-digit number consisting of your enrollment number, date and time of enrollment, and your mobile number registered with your Aadhaar.
To check Aadhaar card status, on the UIDAI website, click on ‘Check Aadhaar Status’ under the ‘My Aadhaar’. You will be led to another page where you should click on ‘Check Enrolment & Update Status’ to know the Aadhaar card status.
Enter your enrolment number which is printed on the acknowledge slip to check the current Aadhaar card status. If you do not have your enrollment ID on hand, here are the steps to retrieve it online:
If you do not have your enrollment ID on hand, here are the steps to retrieve it online:
- Log on to the official UIDAI website at https://uidai.gov.in/.
- Click on ‘Retrieve Lost/Forgotten EID/UID’ under the Aadhaar services menu.
- Enter your details in the fields given exactly the way you enrolled them for your aadhaar. These include name, mobile number or email address, enter captcha and press on ‘Send OTP’.
- Type the security code and click on ‘Send OTP’.
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile phone to enter on your screen.
- Click on ‘Verify OTP’.
- You will receive your enrollment ID on your registered email/phone number.
Updating your Aadhaar card online
When it comes to updating your information on your Aadhaar card online, you will have to follow the steps given below:
- Log into the official UIDAI website.
- Click on the drop-down menu labeled ‘My Aadhaar’.
- From this menu, select the ‘Update Demographics Data and Check Status’ option from the ‘Update Your Aadhaar’ column
- Enter the Aadhaar number and security code on the next page and click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Enter the OTP on your phone. Click “Submit”.
- Enter the details that you want to update on your Aadhaar card, according to the instructions given on the screen.
- After clicking ‘Submit’, you will receive a URN.
- On the next screen , select the BPO you want to choose.
- Download the acknowledgement copy and use it for your Aadhaar card status check online.
Checking your Aadhaar card update status
After applying for an update of your Aadhaar card online, here are the steps on how to check your Aadhaar card status update online:
- Log into the official UIDAI website.
- Click on the option ‘Check Aadhaar update status’, available in the ‘My Aadhaar’ drop-down menu under the ‘Update Your Aadhaar’ column.
- On the next screen, enter your Aadhaar number, URN and SRN and the security code in the respective fields and click on ‘Get Status’.
- Now you can see the status of your Aadhaar update. Depending on if it was accepted or rejected, you can download the E-Aadhaar or restart the application process.
Checking Aadhaar card status for a new Aadhaar card
For checking your Aadhaar card status online, you will need your enrollment ID. The enrollment ID is a 28-digit number consisting of your 14-digit enrollment number and a 14-digit number specifying the date and time of enrollment. Once you have that ready:
Log into the official UIDAI website.
- On the left-side, there will be a drop-down menu with the heading ‘My Aadhaar’. Under this menu there will be a column titled ‘Get Aadhaar’. From here, click on ‘Check Aadhaar status’.
- Enter your enrolment details along with captcha. After that, click on ‘Check Status’.
- You can now see your Aadhaar card status on screen.
- If your Aadhaar card has been generated, links will be provided on screen to download your e-Aadhaar or to receive the details on your phone.
- If it has not been generated, you will be able to see the current Aadhaar card status based on your Aadhaar request.
- If your request was rejected, Aadhaar card status will be shown on your screen along with the reason. You will have to re-apply at the enrolment center.
Aadhaar card: Verify
To verify Aadhaar, go to https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/verifyAadhaar and enter the Aadhaar number and captcha and click on ‘Proceed and verify Aadhaar”.
Aadhaar card: Download and print
Once you have successfully enrolled for the Aadhaar card but have not received the physical Aadhaar card copy, you may download and print Aadhaar card also known as e-Aadhaar from the UIDAI website. Under the My Aadhaar segment at https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/, click on ‘Download Aadhaar’. Enter the Aadhaar number or enrollment ID or virtual ID and enter captcha and send OTP. Proceed to download e-Aadhaar.
(Additional Inputs: Anuradha Ramamirtham)
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org