[ecis2016.org] Explained in this article is the online procedure to download Aadhaar card using your name and date of birth.
What is an Aadhaar card?
Aadhaar is a twelve-digit unique identification number. It serves as identity proof and address proof for Indian citizens. The Aadhaar card is now an integral proof in the life of every Indian resident (from an infant to an older person). It serves as an identification and establishes the uniqueness of every individual. The Aadhaar card collects demographic and biometric information.
An Aadhaar card is a universal identity, just like a ration card, passport, etc. It is also a voluntary service that every resident can have irrespective of their present documentation. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) helps the people by answering their authentication queries and providing online services. Here are the steps you need to follow to download your Aadhaar card from the UIDAI website using your name and date of birth.
How to download your Aadhaar card using your name and date of birth?
- Visit the website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) myAadhaar – https://uidai.gov.in/
- Type your full name, registered email ID, mobile number, and security code.
- Select the ‘Send OTP’ button.
- Enter the OTP number on your registered mobile number.
- Click on the ‘Verify OTP’ option.
- You will get a message on the screen informing you that your Aadhaar number or Enrollment ID (EID) has been sent to your registered mobile number.
- Visit the e-Aadhaar after you get your Aadhaar enrollment number.
- Type the twenty-eight-digit enrollment ID or 12-digit Aadhaar number and security code.
- Click on the ‘Send OTP’.
- Enter the OTP number that you receive on your registered mobile number.
- Click on ‘Verify and Download’.
- Download your Aadhaar card.
How do I print my e-Aadhaar card after downloading it?
- Enter your eight-digit password to open your eAadhaar letter.
- The first four letters of your name and birth year make your password.
- Download your Aadhaar card in PDF format from the UIDAI website.
Important points to remember
- You need to register with UIDAI to be able to download your Aadhaar Card.
- The UIDAI sends OTP to your registered mobile number before downloading the Aadhaar card PDF.
- You cannot download the Aadhaar card without entering the OTP.
- You can download the e-Aadhaar card and take print without entering the password.
Aadhaar card benefits
- The Aadhaar card can be used as an identity card by Indian citizens. It has become the sole and versatile identity card accepted across India. With the help of an Aadhaar card, you will not need any other proof of identity.
- The cardholder can avail of all the subsidies using the Aadhaar card. You can link it to your bank account and LPG connection.
- The digital version of the Aadhaar card (e-Aadhaar) is available. You can apply it online and take a print. The card can be used anywhere anytime across the country.
- It usually takes a long period to obtain a passport. You can expedite the process with the help of an Aadhaar card.
- The card also helps to open bank accounts. The documents can be used for KYC, identification and verification purposes. The finance and banking sectors take Aadhaar card as a valid address and age proof while opening a new account.
- You can link the Aadhaar number to the seventeen-digit LPG ID. The customers will receive their LPG subsidy directly to their bank accounts.
- The Digital Life Certificate or Jeevan Pramaan for Pensioners can be accessed online through the Aadhaar Card number.
- The Jan Dhan Yojana accepts only Aadhaar card numbers as the document for opening a bank account.
- You can also link your Aadhaar card to the pension account to receive the provident fund.
[ecis2016.org] Know all about Aadhaar card update
Does the Aadhaar card have an expiry date?
No. It is valid for your entire life.
How to print an e-Aadhaar card after downloading it?
You can print the Aadhaar card by entering the eight-digit password.
Is an Aadhaar card and an e-Aadhaar card the same?
Yes. The applicants will receive their Aadhaar cards via post. The applicants can download the e-Aadhaar on the official website of UIDAI.
How much do you need to pay to order an Aadhaar PVC card?
The applicant must pay Rs 50 to order an Aadhaar PVC card.
How to download the m-Aadhaar app?
The m-Aadhaar app can be easily downloaded from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org