[ecis2016.org] Linking mobile number with Aadhar card is now a hassle-free process. We bring you a step-by-step guide on how to link Aadhar with mobile number online.
Aadhaar card is an essential document for identity proof in India. As per the government rules, the Aadhaar card is required to be linked to documents such as the PAN card. Linking one’s mobile number with Aadhaar card is also important, for citizens to access many Aadhaar-related services. One of the main objectives of mobile and Aadhar linking is to eliminate the illegal mobile numbers and keep a check on the use of fake SIM cards. However, as per a Supreme Court’s ruling, an Aadhaar card is not mandatory now for the issue of SIM cards and mobile number verification.
With the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) providing an online facility to get an Aadhaar card, citizens can easily view and download their Aadhaar cards. However, linking Aadhar with a mobile number must be done by visiting an Aadhaar centre. If you wish to register or link your mobile number with the Aadhaar card or update your new mobile number on your Aadhaar card, read on to know the procedure.
Linking mobile number with Aadhaar card
For those who are linking their mobile numbers with Aadhar card for the first time, the procedure should be completed at the Aadhaar centre and cannot be done online. One can visit the nearest Aadhaar centre for mobile-Aadhaar linking.
Booking an appointment can be done online by visiting the official UIDAI website. On the home page, go to ‘My Aadhaar’ and click on ‘Book an Appointment’.
- Select the city or location and click on ‘Proceed to Book Appointment’.
- At the Aadhaar centre, mention the mobile number in the Aadhaar Enrolment Form to get your mobile number registered with your Aadhaar card. For updating your existing mobile number, fill the Aadhaar correction form.
- Submit the form and supporting documents such as photo identity proof and Aadhaar card copy.
- Provide your biometrics for verification. For Aadhar card link with mobile number, the applicable charges of Rs 50 must be paid, for updating or adding a mobile number.
- After making the payment, you will get an acknowledgement slip containing an Update Request Number (URN). You can use the URN to track the status of your Mobile Aadhar linking or call the UIDAI’s toll-free number at 1947.
The mobile number update in the Aadhaar card will be done within five to 10 days. Once the linking of the mobile number with Aadhar card is done, you will start getting Aadhaar OTPs for accessing various facilities.
[ecis2016.org] All about Aadhar card verification online procedure
Linking Aadhar with mobile number can be done at your convenience by booking an appointment online at an Aadhaar centre. Those who have already registered their mobile number with an Aadhaar card can follow the online procedure mentioned below to update their mobile numbers.
- Step 1: Visit the website https://ask.uidai.gov.in/
- Provide details such as mobile number and enter the captcha code. Click on ‘Send OTP’ to receive OTP on your phone number.
- Now, enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit OTP & Proceed’.
- Click on ‘Update Aadhaar’ option.
- On the next page, select the option under ‘What do you want to update’. Click on ‘Mobile number’ for updating your mobile number. Provide the relevant details.
- On the next page, submit the captcha code. You will get an OTP on your registered mobile number. Click on ‘Save and Proceed’ option after OTP verification.
- Then, confirm details provided on the page. Click on ‘Submit’.
- You will get a message, ‘your application has been submitted’ on the screen. Now, click on the ‘Book Appointment’ button to schedule your appointment at the Aadhaar centre for further processes.
Applicants should visit the nearest Aadhaar centre and pay a fee of Rs 25 to complete the process.
[ecis2016.org] How to check PAN card Aadhar card link
Linking mobile number with Aadhar card: Benefits
Availing Aadhaar services
Linking Aadhar with mobile is necessary for citizens to avail of several Aadhaar-related services. This is essential as OTPs are sent to the registered mobile numbers that are used for accessing different Aadhaar services. The purpose of an OTP is to offer additional security for your Aadhaar.
Accessing UIDAI’s Self Service Update Portal
Moreover, mobile Aadhar linking is beneficial for those accessing the online Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) of the UIDAI.
Those who wish to download their e-Aadhaar copies must provide their registered mobile numbers to receive OTPs. For this purpose, mobile Aadhar linking is mandatory.
Using mAadhaar mobile app
Citizens can use their mAadhaar mobile applications only if the mobile number is linked to Aadhaar.
A self-attested copy of the Aadhaar card is required when visiting the Aadhaar centre. Apart from this, no other document is necessary for linking Aadhar with mobile number.
Also read: Aadhar card correction process
OTP verification of mobile number
Once the mobile number of an individual gets registered with the UIDAI, it becomes easy to verify the number through an online procedure.
- For verifying the mobile number, go to the official UIDAI website.
- Under ‘Aadhaar Services’, click on the option ‘Verify Email/Mobile Number’.
- Provide the required details such as Aadhaar and mobile numbers. Submit the Captcha code. Click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Enter the OTP you received on your phone number. Click on ‘Verify OTP’ option to complete the verification process.
Re-verification of mobile number with Aadhaar and SIM card verification using OTP
The UIDAI has permitted the linking of Aadhaar with mobile number using OTP (one time password) without the need to provide biometrics to the telecom service providers.
- You can visit the official website of your telecom service provider to initiate the process. Enter your mobile number.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP on the page.
- Click on the ‘consent box’ displayed on the screen once you enter the Aadhaar number.
- The service provider will send a request to the UIDAI for an OTP. If your mobile number is updated, you will get an OTP on your number.
- Check the consent box’ that is again displayed on the screen. Enter the OTP to complete the verification procedure.
- A confirmation message will be sent to your mobile number.
Most telecom service providers have the provision of an Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) through which users can complete the verification process.
- Go to the nearest store of your telecom service provider.
- Submit a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card and mobile number.
- Get a re-verification application. A four-digit OTP will be sent to your mobile number.
- Provide the OTP to the store executive with your biometrics.
You will get a confirmation via SMS after 24 hours. Reply ‘Y’ to complete the eKYC process.
Can we link phone number with Aadhar online?
To register your mobile number with an Aadhaar card for the first time, one must visit the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
How long does it take to link Aadhaar to mobile number?
The process of applying for linking an Aadhar card with a mobile number is completed within 30 days.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org