[ecis2016.org] Here’s a comprehensive guide on E Aadhaar Card Download 2022 online procedure on the official eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in website.
Aadhaar is a unique 12-digit identification number issued to all Indian citizens by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Citizens can also get their E Aadhaar through an easy, online procedure. They can download the e Aadhaar from the official website – uidai.gov.in – and check the Aadhaar status online. This process allows citizens to access an electronic copy of their Aadhaar card, instead of carrying a physical Aadhaar card. Here’s a guide on how to access e aadhaar on the UIDAI government website in 2022 and download it.
What is an e Aadhaar card?
An e Aadhaar card is an electronic Aadhaar card copy, which is password protected and digitally signed by the competent authority of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
Download e Adhaar 2022: About e Aadhaar PVC card
The Aadhaar card is an important identity proof required for various purposes, especially when applying for government-related services or schemes. It serves as an identity card and a proof of address. The Aadhaar is issued by the government and can be used anywhere in India. Thus, it is important for citizens in the country to have a valid Aadhaar card. Typically, the process of Aadhaar is completed within 15 days. Once the application is successfully verified and approved by UIDAI, the applicant is notified on the registered mobile number and he or she can download the online Adhaar card from the website.
The UIDAI discourages the use of PVC Aadhaar card copies available in the open market, owing to the lack of security measures. One can order an Aadhaar PVC card from the UIDAI by making a payment of Rs 50, inclusive of GST and speed post charges.
As per the UIDAI, a PVC Aadhaar card contains a digitally signed QR code with the photograph and demographic details of the person. It includes security features such as:
- Secure QR code
- Ghost image
- Micro text
- Issue and print date
- Guilloche pattern
- Embossed Aadhaar logo
Download Aadhaar card online: Methods to download e Aadhaar
One can apply for an e Aadhaar, the original Aadhaar card and download it from the UIDAI website. This serves as identity proof for several government verifications. The e Aadhaar contains the individual’s Aadhaar number, biometric data, photograph, demographic details, date of birth and gender.
There are different ways to download eAadhaar from the uidai website in 2022:
- Using Aadhaar number
- Using enrolment number
- Using virtual ID
Online procedure for eAadhaar download using Aadhaar number
Here’s the eAadhaar 2022 download procedure:
- Go to the official uidai.gov.in website to download eAadhaar
- On the home page, go to ‘My Aadhaar’ and click on ‘Download Aadhaar’.
- You will be directed to a new page. Click on ‘Download Aadhaar’.
- Provide the Aadhaar number and Captcha code. Click on ‘Send OTP’ to receive the OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Submit the OTP you receive on your mobile number.
- Click on ‘Verify and Download’.
You will be able to download the eAadhaar.
How to download e Aadhaar by enrolment number?
Mentioned below is the eAadhaar 2022 download procedure using the enrolment number.
- Visit the eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in website. On the home page, click on download Aadhaar.
- Once you reach the relevant page, select the Enrolment ID option. Enter the 28-digit enrolment ID and Captcha.
- Click on ‘Send OTP’ to get the OTP on your mobile number. Submit the OTP in the required field.
- Click on ‘Verify and Download’ to download the eAadhaar.
e Aadhaar: How to generate Virtual ID online?
- Visit the official UIDAI website. Go to ‘My Aadhar’ and click on ‘Virtual ID (VID) Generator’.
- On the next page, select the ‘Generate VID’ option and provide the required details. Click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’ to proceed.
[ecis2016.org] All about Aadhaar VID
How to download e Aadhaar using a Virtual number?
For e Aadhaar, a simple online procedure can be followed using the virtual number.
- Go to eAadhaar. uidai. govin and click on ‘download Aadhaar’ option.
- On the next page, select the ‘Virtual ID’ option. Enter the 16-digit virtual number.
- Submit the captcha code and click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Fill in the OTP received on your mobile number and click on ‘Submit’.
- Click on ‘Verify and Download’ to start the Aadhaar download process.
How to check e Aadhaar status online?
Applicants can check their Aadhaar status on the eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in website.
- Go to the official portal – uidai.gov.in. On the home page, go to ‘My Aadhaar’ and click on ‘Check Aadhaar Status’.
- Click on ‘Check Enrolment & Update Status’.
- On the next page, submit the Enrolment ID, SRN or URN and Captcha code in the required fields.
- Click on ‘Submit’ to know the status.
[ecis2016.org] All about Aadhar card status check
How to recover lost EID or UID?
Citizens can visit www.eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in in CG, Bihar, AP, West Bengal or anywhere in India to recover their eAadhaar card enrolment ID or unique identification number (UID) in the following manner:
- Go to the uidai.gov.in portal. On the home page, click on ‘Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID’ under the ‘My Aadhaar’ tab.
- Provide the required details. Submit the Captcha code and click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Submit the OTP. The required information will be displayed on the screen.
e Aadhaar verification online: Procedure for Aadhaar number verification
- To verify your Aadhar number, visit the uidai.gov.in portal.
- Go to the ‘My Aadhaar’ tab and click on ‘Verify an Aadhaar Number’ under ‘Aadhaar Services’.
- Submit all the required details and the Captcha code. Click on ‘Proceed and Verify Aadhaar’ to complete the process.
e Aadhaar: Online verification of mobile number and email
Citizens can also verify their mobile phone number and email details on the official UIDAI website by following the procedure mentioned below:
- Go to ‘My Aadhaar’ and click on ‘Verify Email/Mobile Number’ under ‘Aadhaar services’.
- On the next page, select ‘Verify Mobile Number’ or ‘Verify Email Address’. Enter your Aadhaar number and the contact information that you wish to verify.
- Submit the Captcha code and click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Provide the OTP in the specified field to complete the verification process.
Citizens can link their Aadhaar card with their bank account through internet banking or by approaching their bank branch. After completing the process, they can check the UIDAI website to know the Aadhaar link status.
- Go to ‘My Aadhaar’ and click on ‘Check Aadhaar/Bank Linking Status’ under ‘Aadhaar Services’.
- On the new page, submit the 12-digit Aadhaar number or the 16-digit Virtual ID.
- Submit the Security Code and click on ‘Send OTP’.
- On receiving the OTP, click on ‘Enter OTP’.
- Enter the OTP to complete the procedure.
e Aadhaar card: How to download mAadhaar app?
Citizens can also access mAadhar to avail of Aadhaar services by downloading the mobile application on their smartphones.
- Visit the official eAadhaar website – uidai.gov.in – and go to ‘My Aadhaar’.
- Click on ‘mAadhaar for Android’ or ‘mAadhaar App links for iOS’ under ‘Aadhaar on your mobile’.
- Click on ‘Install’ to download the mAadhaar app on your mobile phone.
How to locate the Aadhaar enrolment centre?
One can search for Aadhaar enrolment centres online on the UIDAI web site.
- Go to ‘My Aadhaar’ on the home page. Click on ‘Locate an Enrolment Centre’ under ‘Get Aadhaar’.
- On the new page, users can locate the nearest enrolment centre by state, postal (PIN) code, or search box.
- If searching by state, provide all the required information, complete the Captcha verification and click on ‘Locate a Centre’.
- If searching by PIN code, provide your PIN code details, enter the Captcha and click on ‘Locate a Centre’.
- If searching through Search Box, enter the locality name, city and district. Complete the Captcha verification and click on ‘Locate a Centre’.
Once you click on ‘Locate a Centre’, the relevant information will be displayed on your screen.
How to update Aadhaar through Aadhaar enrolment or update centre?
Citizens can access the e Aadhaar site to update their Aadhaar details. Click on ‘Update Aadhaar at enrolment/Update Centre’ under ‘Update your Aadhaar’. Select one of the options – state, PIN code or search box.
Provide the relevant information based on the category selected. Click on ‘Locate Centre’ to contact the Aadhaar centre and update the enrolment or Aadhaar details.
How to check the Aadhaar update status?
If you have applied for Aadhaar card correction, the UIDAI portal allows you to check the status online. Go to ‘My Aadhaar’ on the home page. Click on ‘Check Aadhaar Update Status’ under ‘Update your Aadhaar’.
Provide all the required details and enter the Captcha code. Click on ‘Submit’ to proceed.
e Aadhaar appointment online booking procedure
Citizens looking for fresh Aadhaar enrolment or need to update Aadhaar details can visit the UIDAI website and book an appointment at an Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
- Go to ‘My Aadhaar’. Click on ‘Book an appointment’ under ‘Get Aadhaar’.
- Select a location from the drop-down menu. Click on ‘Proceed to Book Appointment’.
- Select your reason for the appointment – Aadhaar update, new Aadhaar or manage appointments.
- Enter the mobile number and Captcha code. Click on ‘Generate OTP’ to get OTP.
- Submit the OTP in the required field and proceed to book an appointment.
e Aadhaar PVC card: How to order online?
Those interested in ordering an Aadhaar PVC card can apply on the UIDAI website.
- Go to ‘My Aadhaar’ on the home page. Click on ‘Order Aadhaar PVC card’ under ‘Get Aadhaar’.
- Log in to the website.
- Click on ‘Order Aadhaar PVC card’. Provide the required details and the Captcha code. Click on ‘Send OTP’ to complete the Aadhaar PVC card ordering process.
[ecis2016.org] All about PVC Aadhar card
How to check Aadhar PVC card status?
After completing the Aadhar PVC card order process, users can check the status by clicking on ‘Check Aadhar PVC card status’ under ‘Get Aadhaar’.
- On the next page, click on ‘Check Aadhaar PVC Card Status’. Enter details like SRN and captcha code. Click on ‘Submit’ to check the status.
Procedure for demographic data update and status check
- Visit ‘My Aadhar’ on the home page of the UIDAI website. Click on ‘Update Demographic Data & Check Status’.
- Login using your credentials.
- Click on ‘Demographic Data’ and submit the required details. Click on ‘Update’ to update the demographic data.
- If you want to check the status of demographic data, click on ‘Check Demographic Data Status’ after signing into the portal. Provide the relevant details. Click on ‘Check Status’ to view the status.
e Aadhaar History: How to check Aadhaar update history?
The UIDAI website provides the option to track the Aadhaar update history. To view the details, go to ‘My Aadhaar’ and click on ‘Aadhaar Update History’ under ‘Update your Aadhaar’.
Check the details using your Aadhaar or Virtual number. Enter the Captcha code and click on ‘Send OTP/Enter OTP’.
e Aadhaar biometric lock and unlock procedure
- Under ‘Aadhaar Services’, click on ‘Lock/Unlock Biometrics’.
- Click on the checkbox and click on ‘Lock/Unlock Biometrics’.
- Submit all the details and the Captcha code. Click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’ to proceed.
e Aadhaar eKYC process
On the home page, users will find the eKYC option under ‘My Aadhaar’. To complete the eKYC process:
- Click on ‘Aadhaar Paperless Offline E-KYC’ under ‘Update your Aadhaar’.
With the Aadhaar Paperless Offline e KYC, there is no need to submit a photocopy of the Aadhaar letter. Simply, download and provide the KYC XML for KYC purposes. The KYC details are contained in machine-readable XML, digitally signed by the UIDAI enabling the agency to verify its authenticity.
- On the next page, submit the Aadhar Number or Virtual ID and the Captcha code.
- Click on ‘Send OTP’. Enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’ to complete the eKYC.
How to view Aadhaar authentication history?
Users will find ‘Aadhaar Authentication History’ under ‘Aadhaar Services’ on the home page of the UIDAI portal. They can use the Aadhaar number or the Virtual ID to proceed.
Submit the required details, including the security code. Click on the ‘Send OTP/Enter OTP’. Provide the OTP received. Click on ‘Submit’ to check the Aadhaar authentication history.
How to file a complaint online?
Citizens can lodge their grievances online on the UIDAI website as per the below procedure:
- On the home page, go to ‘Contact and Support’. Click on ‘File a Complaint’.
- On the next page, submit all the relevant information. Type in your concerns in the given field. Complete the Captcha verification and click on ‘Submit’.
How to check complaint status?
Under ‘Contact and Support’, click on ‘Check Complaint Status’.
On the next page, provide your complaint ID and complete the Captcha verification. Click on ‘Check Status’ to proceed and view the status.
Check out : Read about Aadhaar card update
e Aadhaar: Contact Information
Citizens can reach out to the UIDAI on the toll-free number: 1947 or write to email@example.com.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org