[ecis2016.org] Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB) consumers can pay their electricity bills online as well as offline. In this article, we explain the process.
On July 1, 1957, the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB), was established. The Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Ltd (TANGEDCO), a subsidiary of the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB), generates 18,732.78 MW of electricity. The state’s electricity board serves one of the greatest number of customers in the nation – 30.75 million, as of March 31, 2020. TNEB is the entity responsible for generating the electricity bill that consumers are obligated to pay in Tamil Nadu. Thanks to advancements in technology, you can pay your energy bill online, which streamlines the procedure and eliminates the need for paper bills.
You are reading: Tamil Nadu Electricity Board: All about TNEB bill
|TN state electricity board name||Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB)|
|Operations||Power generation and distribution company|
|Operated by||Tamil Nadu government|
|Area served||Tamil Nadu and Puducherry|
[ecis2016.org] How to apply for TNEB new connection
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB): Key consumer services offered
- Online application – LT new application
- Online bill payment
- Quick pay
- Bill status
- Bill calculation after PMC billing
- Bill calculator
[ecis2016.org] Delhi Jal board bill payment
TNEB payment methods
When it comes to paying your energy bill, you have a number of options available. You can settle your bills with a credit card, or debit card, via net banking facility, electronic wallets, or UPI. If you want to pay your energy bill without using the TNEB’s website or mobile app, you can do so by going to the TNEB office and paying with cash, a cheque, or a demand draft.
Steps to pay TNEB bills online
Read also : All about Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana
Listed below are the actions that must be taken to pay your TNEB electricity bill online:
- Visit the TANGEDCO’s official website.
- Click ‘Online Bill Payment’ under ‘Billing Services’ on the homepage. This link will take you to a new page.
- Enter your login credentials and click on’ Login’. After doing so, you may enter the portal. You may examine your power bill by selecting ‘My Bills’ from the drop-down menu. You can finish the payment of your power bill by clicking ‘Quick Pay’.
- You will be led to a new page where you must choose your preferred method of payment for the generated bill amount. You may also input a different quantity than what appears on your statement.
- After selecting your payment method, input the required information and click ‘Proceed’. You will be sent to the payment portal, where you must follow the instructions to pay your electricity bill.
- You will get a confirmation SMS on your registered mobile number and an email on your registered email address after you have paid your bill. Under ‘My Bills’ on the site, you may also determine if your payment was successful.
[ecis2016.org] All you need to know about the Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board (TNPCB)
Region code for TNEB online payment
|Region code||Region name||District or zone|
|01||Chennai north||Manali, Tondiarpet, Royapuram, Madhavaram, Thiru-Vi-Ka Nagar, Thiruvotriyur, Teynampet, Ambattur Zones and part of Tiruvallur District|
|02||Villupuram||Kallakurichi, Tiruvannalamai, Cuddalore, Villupuram|
|03||Coimbatore||Coimbatore, Tiruppur, Nilgiris|
|04||Erode||Erode, Namakkal, Salem|
|05||Madurai||Madurai, Ramanathapuram, Sivagangai, Dindigul, Theni|
|06||Trichy||Ariyalur, Karur, Mayiladuthurai, Nagapattinam, Perambalur, Pudukottai, Thanjavur, Thiruvarur, Tiruchirapalli|
|07||Tirunelveli||Kanniyaumari, Thoothukudi, Virudhunagar, Tirunelveli, Tenkasi|
|08||Vellore||Tirupathur, Kanchipuram, Vellore, Dharmapuri, Ranipet, Krishnagiri, and part of Tiruvallur District|
|09||Chennai south||Anna Nagar, Ambattur, Alandur, Adyar, Perungudi, Kodambakkam, Valasaravakkam, Sholinganallur Zones, Chengalpattu District, Part of Tiruvallur and Kanchipuram District|
Also read about : TNREGINET
How to pay TNEB bills using alternative methods
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board bill via mobile app
Read also : All about the 7th Pay Commission pay scales
You can also settle your electricity bills by downloading the TANGEDCO mobile app from the Google Play store or the Apple Store. To do so, follow these steps:
- Install the TANGEDCO app on your mobile device.
- On app launch, grant the app access to make and control phone calls. You must also provide the app access to your images, media, and files on your mobile device.
- Enter your username and password, then press the ‘Login’ button.
- You will be required to give a four-digit PIN. Input the four-digit PIN and confirm it in the next step.
- After logging in, you may edit your profile by submitting the requested information to TNEB.
- After editing your profile, go to the app’s main screen.
- To pay your bill, click on ‘Quick Pay’.
- You can either pay the amount shown on your statement, or you can also pay any other amount.
- Choose your method of payment.
- Provide the specifics of your payment method. You will be sent to the payment gateway. Follow the remaining payment steps to finish your transaction.
- A confirmation SMS and email will be sent to your registered mobile phone number and email address, respectively.
TNEB bill payment offline
Offline payment options for your electricity bills are available at the TNEB office, which you can visit. When visiting the TNEB office, do not forget to take your most recent electricity bill. You have the option of paying by cash, debit card, credit card, UPI, cheque, or demand draft. After the transaction has been completed, you will be given a receipt that you can save for future reference.
How to check TNEB bill status online
- Visit TANGEDCO’s official website.
- The ‘Bill Status’ link can be found on the home page.
- Pick your area from the list of available alternatives.
- First, enter your service number and your mobile phone number.
- After you have entered the supplied captcha into the box, click the button labelled ‘Proceed’.
- Now, you can successfully check on the current status of your bill.
TNEB helpline numbers/ customer care
You can contact the electricity supply department at helpline number 1912 if you have any issues. This facility is accessible to users 24×7.
You can also contact them by calling 044-28521109 or by sending a message through WhatsApp to the number 9445850811. There is also the option of calling the camp office at the number 044-24959525.
You can have your questions or concerns registered by going to the official website of TANGEDCO and looking for the section labelled ‘Consumer Services’. Once you find it, click on the link that says ‘Consumer’s Complaint’. Once you lodge a complaint, a member of the electrical board’s customer service department will contact you.
What are the steps to change my username in TNEB?
Once you have registered for an account, you will not be able to modify your username.
How can I ensure that my address is always up to date?
You will have to contact the local section office with a valid proof of address to have your address amended or rectified.
How can I change my TNEB mobile phone number?
Click ‘Mobile Number Registration’ under ‘Billing Services’ on the homepage. This link will take you to a new page where you can select a region and enter a service connection number. Now enter the transaction receipt number and register or update your phone number.
In TNEB, what does ACCD stand for?
ACCD is a shorthand for Additional Current Consumption Deposit, which refers to a refundable deposit amount.
Is it possible to make penalty payments on my TNEB electricity bill online?
If you are late in paying your power payment, the board that regulates the utility will cut off your connection. If your connection is still operational, you will then be able to log in to the customer site to finish the payment of your power bill, including the payment of any penalties that have been assessed. In case of disconnection, you will have to visit the closest section office to finalise the payment.
Can I obtain a PDF version of my TNEB power bill?
Yes, after you pay your TNEB power bill online, you will get a payment receipt in PDF format that you can download.
My transaction fails to complete. If I attempt again, I’m informed that it’s already been paid for. What am I to do?
In this instance, a faulty transaction will be repaired automatically within three business days. Do not try to make a payment for the same service number if the sum has already been deducted from your bank account. Contact the board via the customer service lines if you have a question or a complaint.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org
Category: Must Knows