[ecis2016.org] Fish aquariums are considered as a remedy to all kinds of Vastu Shastra defects
If you are planning to add a water element at your home, what could be a better idea than to bring an aquarium? However, there are some things that you should be aware of, before investing in a fish aquarium for home.
You are reading: Fish aquariums: Benefits of keeping fish aquariums to bring positivity to your home, as per Vastu Shastra
Here is a guide on keeping a fish tank or aquarium in the house and types of lucky fish.
Benefits of keeping fish aquarium
- Lucky fishes are known to attract financial benefits and wealth. Aquariums can activate and enhance luck, vis-à-vis one’s career and money.
- Aquariums are known to create a calm atmosphere and reduce anxiety and stress, as gazing at aquarium fish is therapeutic. It helps to improve the overall well-being of those who spend time watching aquariums.
- As per Vastu, fish tanks or fish aquariums for home are considered as key to success and harmony.
- Fishes represent liveliness and positivity. Hence, a fish moving in the tank is believed to emit positive vibes.
- The positive vibe of having good luck fish as a pet at home attracts happiness and health.
- A fish aquarium at home helps one to relax and increases productivity. With work from home and remote working due to pandemic becoming the norm, an aquarium aids to connect with nature.
[ecis2016.org] Vastu and Feng Shui tips for placing laughing Buddha
Aquarium Vastu: Where to place fish aquarium?
The right placement of a fish aquarium can add life to any part of your home. A fish aquarium is believed to free the home from evils and promotes a serene ambiance. An aquarium works as a remedy for many of Vastu defects. According to Vastu Shastra, aquariums should be placed in the south-east direction of the living room. If you want to place an aquarium in any other room, you can place it in the north direction. An aquarium in the office can be kept in the reception area, in the north or east. One can also keep it in the north-west or south-east.
Fish tank Vastu: Places where one should not place an aquarium
Fish aquariums at home when placed in the wrong direction can cause misfortune. One should avoid keeping aquariums in the bedroom or kitchen, as it can cause sleep or food-related problems to the occupants of the house. Aquariums are not suitable in the centre of the house, as this can cause financial problems. Do not place the aquarium near a sunny window. Never keep an aquarium in the south direction of the house, as it can lead to loss of wealth. Also make sure there is no beam above the fish tank and do not keep the fish aquarium under a staircase. Never keep the aquarium close to the air-conditioner. Avoid placing an aquarium too close to the TV or speakers. The blinking of a TV screen and loud sound from the speakers can stress some fish.
According to Feng shui, an aquarium should not be placed under the altar or near the altar as there is a clash of energy between the aquarium (water) and the altar (fire).
[ecis2016.org] Vastu Shastra tips for water fountains
Vastu directions for fish aquarium placement
Also read about Wall clock Vastu
Shape of an aquarium for the home
Aquariums are usually rectangular, square or round. However, it can be made in a variety of shapes, such as cuboid, hexagonal, inclined fit in a corner (L-shaped) and bow-front (where the front side curves outwards). Ideal shapes which bring good luck are circular or rectangular. Avoid triangular shaped fish aquariums at home. Always opt for a shape which is easier to clean.
[ecis2016.org] Tips to place crystal tortoise and other ways to include tortoise in home decor for good luck
Types of aquariums
- Goldfish aquariums are apt for beginners and most auspicious as per Vastu Shastra, as they bring good luck.
- Community aquariums house fishes from different regions and also plants.
- Planted aquariums have more plants than fish. It also gives one the pleasure of a green garden, besides aquatic pets indoor.
- Freshwater aquariums have fish that come from rivers and creeks and come in both, cold and warm water varieties.
- A saltwater aquarium has fish from seas and oceans. The water will need to be filtered to maintain fish life.
[ecis2016.org] A guide to choosing home plants that bring money and good luck
How to enhance home décor with aquarium Vastu
An aquarium can enhance the aesthetic appeal of home and create a feeling of serenity. Exotic, colourful fishes swimming in glass tanks are a lovely sight, which can make any space vibrant. Instead of just placing an aquarium, creatively integrate it in the home design. Depending on the space and one’s choice, you can opt for a dining table fish tank, or study table tanks, built-in wall or home office divider, pillar tanks, bar table tanks, walk over tanks, wall tanks, photo frame tanks, etc.
Vastu décor items for aquarium
- Various decorative plants, stones, pebbles, or figurines, add to the beauty of the aquarium. Select only a few and do not not clutter or fill the tank completely. One can use any colour of gravel but if one is following Feng Shui, then, opt for blue gravel in the north and green in the east or south-east.
- Aquarium live plants are available, which can be used. Keep plants such as java moss, java fern, Amazon sword, water wisteria and others. Live plants are auspicious, unlike plastic plants but will require more maintenance. Any fibre decor items and plastic plants which do not emit colours, can be used in fish tanks. Small coins that attract wealth can be kept in the aquarium but wrap them in plastic and also ensure that the metal does not affect the water chemistry. Avoid copper coins.
- In fresh water aquariums, one cannot use sea shells or corals for décor.
- Avoid broken or chipped accessories.
- When using lights for decoration, remember that aquarium lighting should be switched on for approximately 10 hours a day. Fish need darkness to sleep at night.
Glow in the dark aquarium
Glow in the dark aquarium is in trend now. The glow-in-the-dark luminous pebbles made from a special material that lies on the floor of the fish tank are fish-friendly and non-toxic. One also can opt for artificial glowing jellyfish. GloFish is an aquarium fish (freshwater species) that has inherited a brilliant fluorescent colouration. The GloFish is a genetically modified zebra danio that comes in several different fluorescent neon colours such as red, green, orange, blue, and purple they are not painted or dyed. GloFish appear normal under white light but becomes fluorescent under blue and black light. One can also illuminate the aquarium with waterproof LED light which produces less heat and can be cleverly concealed in the aquarium for the magical glow.
Significance of fish and water in Vastu and Feng Shui
Fish and water have their significance in Vastu – moving water inside a fish tank represent vigour and positive energy flow. Fishes attract wealth, happiness and peace. Fishes are believed to be the first reincarnation of Lord Vishnu and are a source of positive energy. Feeding food to hungry fish is considered to be good karma. Different-coloured fishes boost the positive vibrations in the house, improving prosperity and wealth. A colourful fish amends Vastu flaws and reduces any negative energy around.
- Vastu Shastra: Tips to boost positive energy in your home
- North-east facing house Vastu plan and guidelines to attract positive energy
- Vastu Shastra norms versus property price: How to strike the right balance
- What is Vastu pyramid and how can it be used to reinforce positive energy in a house?
- Vastu tips for work from home, to boost productivity
According to Feng Shui, aquariums have the ability to attract positive energy or ‘chi’ and bring abundance. It also absorbs negative energy. An aquarium harmonises and balances the five Feng Shui elements of water, wood, metal, earth and fire that strengthen the energy in the space. For energy enhancement, add an aerator to create bubbles in your aquarium. This will escalate the ‘chi’ energy field at home.
Colours of the fish in Feng Shui aquariums
Read also : What is Vastu pyramid and how can it be used to reinforce positive energy in a house?
Good luck fish in gold or white colour symbolise the metal element. Since metal generates water, they enhance good fortune and attract prosperity. Fish in black, blue, or grey colour, are associated with the water element. They are also effective in attracting abundance according to Feng shui.
Dark coloured fish such as black are good when accompanied by gold coloured fish, but there should always be more gold than black, e.g. two gold and one black, eight gold and one black. The one black goldfish (black moor) is important as it absorbs the negative energy of the home. Red and purple fish are associated with the fire element. Since fire drains the water, therefore, their effect of boosting the good fortune is weak. Yellow or brown fish is linked with the earth element, its effect of attracting monetary luck is weak.
Vastu tips for fish aquarium
- Select fishes that are active and keep moving around. This will ensure smooth flow of energy.
- The number of lucky fishes in an aquarium should be nine, out of which eight can be either dragon fish or goldfish and one has to be a black fish.
- Clean the tank or the fish pot frequently. Install the necessary requisites like filters, aeration and water circulation to maintain the tank.
- Opt for a large fish tank or fish aquarium for home, so that there is enough space for all the fishes to move around. Prefer tanks made of glass or acrylic.
- As per Vastu, placing fish in an aquarium or fish pot is considered one of the major remedies for all kinds of Vastu defects.
- Keeping a fish aquarium at home tends to free your home from all the evils. Do not fret if one of your fish dies, as it also means an end to your problems at home or office. However, immediately replace the fish as soon as possible.
[ecis2016.org] How to make your home pet-friendly
Best fishes as per Vastu and Feng Shui
Fishes are among the most incredible aquatic creatures. As per Vastu and Feng Shui, they not only help in beautifying the house interiors but also bring positive vibes and good luck for the homeowners.
Here are some of the lucky fish breeds that are considered auspicious lucky:
Arowana or dragon fish
One of the most expensive aquarium fishes, Arowana fish is a lucky fish that is said to bring wealth, good health, happiness, and prosperity. It is also referred to as the golden dragon.
This is another good luck fish in Feng shui, and is available in shapes, sizes, colours, and fin types. Keeping this lucky fish in the aquarium attracts good fortune as the fish represents beauty and harmony.
It is believed this black fish for aquarium brings positive energies by eliminating the problems in the house. A small fish tank with black moor goldfish is an excellent idea to bring a colour contrast.
As per Japanese tradition, the koi fish is a mystical fish that attracts good fortune for the owner. The beautiful patterns and colours of these fishes can enhance the beauty of the aquarium. The lucky fish also represents success and growth, which is why it is a good choice for students and working professionals.
Flower Horn fish
Read also : Bhumi pujan muhurat 2022: Vastu Shastra good day to start house construction
As per modern Feng Shui, the flower horn fish is a good luck charm and invites prosperity. It is a hybrid fish, also called Hua Luo Han. It is a good luck fish associated with powerful positive energies.
These fishes look attractive patterns and come in different tail shapes and colours. This peaceful fish is a perfect addition to your fish aquarium as they help create a positive environment in the house.
These are community fishes and help keep the fish tank clean by consuming the algae at the bottom. This lucky fish is calm and peaceful, attracting good fortune and abundance in the house. Catfish can also tolerate different water quality conditions.
This type of Feng shui is a popular pet in many households having freshwater fish aquariums. These fishes are omnivorous and thrive on frozen food and live food. A good luck fish, that has a thin and flat body, is believed to be auspicious.
One can choose freshwater or saltwater fishes for a fish aquarium at home. Always check the compatibility of the fish before buying them. Do not crowd the aquarium, as fish are territorial and can start killing other fishes if there is lack of space. Select coluorful, pretty and healthy fish for the fish aquarium or fish pots at home.
[ecis2016.org] Vastu tips for keeping bamboo plant at home
What happens if a fish dies in aquarium?
As per Vasthu, if a fish dies naturally in a fish aquarium, as per Vastu Shastra, it symbolises that it has taken away the problems of the house or office. Some Vastu experts also believe that it has sacrificed its life by taking a problem that was meant for the home owner or a family member. Also, one should replace the fish with a new one in the aquarium.
Which fish should be in the aquarium as per Vastu?
You can keep goldfish, dragon fish and a black fish in your aquarium.
How to take care of aquarium fish?
Ensure that the fish aquarium tank is clean, install the necessary water circulation / filtration apparatus and feed the fish as per the recommended frequency.
Can aquariums be kept under direct sunlight?
Aquariums should not be kept in a place where direct sunlight falls on the tank, as it can cause algae growth in the aquarium and the water will become green in colour.
What does aquascaping mean?
Aquascaping means creating a landscape, by arranging aquatic plants along with rocks, stones, or driftwood, creating tunnels and caves, in an aesthetically pleasing manner within an aquarium.
Does fish tank bring good luck?
According to Vastu Shastra, keeping a fish tank at home ensure positive energy flow and attracts wealth. It is also a suitable remedy for correcting some Vastu defects.
How many fishes is lucky in aquarium?
As per Vastu, one should keep nine fishes in the fish aquarium, to ensure a positive flow of energy.
Which colour fish is good for home?
Keeping fishes of different colours in the aquarium is considered beneficial, as it boosts the positive vibrations in the house or office and leads to prosperity.
Is the money plant a suitable plant to be kept inside the aquarium?
Money plant is not an underwater plant. It cannot be submerged in water. Only its roots have to be kept underwater and its leaves outside. It absorbs most nutrients from the water and this may leave other aquatic plants without nutrients.
With kids around what should one consider, when installing an aquarium at home?
Ensure that the stand on which the aquarium is placed is sturdy and will not easily tip over. Children should be instructed not to climb on an aquarium. Instead of glass, opt for an acrylic aquarium. All cords should be grounded and use drip loops to prevent dripping water from entering into an electrical outlet. Ensure that the top of the aquarium has a lock fitted.
What is a nano aquarium?
A nano or mini aquarium is a new trend. It is a small compact aquarium tank that has less than 10 gallons of water (although this can vary, as there is no consensus on the quantity of water). It is a compact self-contained ecosystem.
What is the luckiest fish?
The Asian Arowana, also called as the dragon fish, according to Vastu and Feng Shui, is a symbol of good luck, health and prosperity. Also, goldfish are considered lucky to be kept in an indoor aquarium.
Should the water in the tank have to be changed every day?
No, this can kill your fish. Never change the water completely. Change around 20 per cent water every week. If you have a filtration system, then in a month change around 30 to 50 per cent water. The bacteria present in the water helps the fish survive, and changing the water completely may be harmful.
(With additional inputs from Surbhi Gupta and Purnima Goswami Sharma)
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org