[ecis2016.org] Here are some remedies and tips, according to Vastu Shastra, if your home or plot has a cut in the south-west direction
According to Vastu Shastra, the south-west direction, also known as the Nairutya corner, denotes the earth elements and is governed by Rahu, one of the fiercest planets, as per Vedic astrology. The south-west corner also represents stability of your household and, therefore, it is important for you to balance all the elements in this region, to ensure happiness and prosperity at home. However, if there is a cut in this corner or any other major Vastu defect, it can create disturbance in your home. It can also invite unexpected expenses and cause mental stress. Therefore, it is important for you to keep this section heavier than any other part of your home and place things which can bring the benefits of the earth elements.
You are reading: South west corner Vastu: Remedies for a cut in south-west direction
South west facing main door Vastu remedies
Read also : Vastu Shastra tips for buying plots
Ideally, property buyers should avoid homes that have doors facing the south-west, as it can invite struggles and misfortunes. Here are a few south west entrance vastu remedies that you can implement, to negate the impact:
- If the main entrance of the house is in the south-west direction, make sure the number of doors and windows inside the house are even in number.
- If you have a main door in the south-west direction, you can place a Ganesha idol near the entrance.
- To decrease the negative effects of south west entrance houses, put Om, Trishul and Swastika symbols on the sides and tops of all doors in the house.
- To increase positivity, you can also place Vastu pyramids, plants and wind chimes around the entrance of your home.
- If you are religious, you can place two Hanuman idols on the entrance or paste Gayatri Mantra.
- If you have an empty wall at the entrance of the south west facing house, you can place a statue or a picture of Ganesha.
- Opt for the red colour in the south, yellow in south/south-west and peach or pink in south-west to promote harmony at home.
South west corner Vastu tips
One of the Vastu remedies for a cut in the south west direction house is to place heavy furniture and paintings showing earth elements in the south west corner of the house.
- If your home is south-west facing, create open spaces in the north-east area of your home. This will create a free flow of positive energy in the home.
- You can also construct an overhead water tank in the south-west direction, to balance the energy that surrounds your house.
- Install a water fountain in the north-east corner, if your home is south-west facing as this will attract positive energy.
- For financial stability, place your jewellery, money and other important financial documents in the south-west corner. According to Vastu experts, anything kept in this direction tends to multiply.
- For vaults placed in this direction, ensure that the opening of the vault does not face the south or the west direction, as it could result in heavy expenses.
- To avert financial problems and heavy expenses, the main safe and lockers should open in the north or the north-east direction.
- For financial success, place a red cloth inside the safe, along with a Citrine crystal as it attracts wealth and prosperity.
- Never install a toilet in the south-west corner as it can result in financial losses and monetary instability.
- Place a glass filled with water and salt in the south-west corner of the house. Also, place a red-coloured bulb above it so that whenever the bulb is switched-on, it reflects on the glass.
- Avoid having a borewell in the south-west direction. If it is unavoidable, paint it red and install a ‘Rahu yantra’ on top of it.
South west direction Vastu defects
- Toilet in the south-west.
- Kitchen in the south-west.
- A cut in the south west direction.
- Cut/extension, large opening/windows in the west is a vastu dosh.
- Home entrance or main door in the south-west.
- Bore well or underground water tank in the south-west.
- Living or drawing room in the south-west.
- In south west house, extensions in the south-west direction are regarded as vastu dosh
- Windows, large openings, and toilet in the south-west direction
Read also : Vastu plan for east-facing 3BHK house
Also read our article on Vastu compliance while buying a new home.
Effects of Vastu defects in south-west corner
- A cut in the south west corner as per Vastu could cause major losses – be it financial, health, or stability.
- You may not receive recognition for your hard work and efforts.
- Negative energies and thoughts may overpower you.
- You may get heart disease or your lower body may be affected.
- There may be mental instability for the occupants of the house.
- If there is a south west corner plot or house, as per Vastu, there are chances of getting tendencies to harm others with a negative mindset.
- You may have anxiety issues related to life and relationships.
What to keep in south west corner of house?
- If there is a cut in the south west corner, place heavy furniture or items in this corner, as it will help you in countering the negative effects.
- Place beautiful and pleasant paintings of earthy elements on the walls in the south west corner direction which brings various benefits and positive energy as per Vastu.
- If you can, repaint the south-west wall in peach or light brown colour or other earthy shades.
- You can also place a Rahu Yantra in the south-west corner.
- Place Vastu pyramids in all directions as this will attract positive energy and help in countering the negative energy generated, because of this Vastu defect.
Read also: Is south facing house good or bad as per Vastu
What to keep in south west corner of house?
Keep heavy furniture, jewellery, the money box, etc., in this corner.
Is the south-west direction good for entrance?
No, avoid this direction, if possible.
How do you make the south-west heavy?
Place paintings, furniture and other heavy materials in this corner.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org