[ecis2016.org] If you are moving into a new house, here is a complete guide on getting a new cooking gas connection and price details
Among the many important tasks a home buyer or tenant has to do, is apply for a new cooking gas connection. Whether you are moving to a new city or changing your residence within the same city, it is necessary to understand the procedure for getting a new gas connection or transferring an existing connection from one gas agency to another. Getting an Indane gas new connection is one of the choices available to you. Indane, run by Indian Oil Corporation Limited, is one of the largest LPG gas companies in the world. As a customer, you should also be aware of the new gas connection price and the booking procedure. Here is a comprehensive guide.
You are reading: How to get a new Indane gas connection for your house?
Indane gas new connection price
|City||Price per 14.2 kg cylinder in Rs|
*Prices applicable with effect from July 1, 2021 and based on notifications issued by the respective state/district authorities.
The cost for booking a new LPG cylinder will vary, depending on the location. The non-subsidised price of Indane gas in metro cities is given above.
If you are getting an Indane gas new connection, the price applicable is Rs 1,450 for a 14.2 kg LPG cylinder. It is a refundable amount and applicable for all states, excluding north-eastern states. In the north-eastern states, the cost is Rs 1,150. The new gas connection deposit amount is Rs 800 for a five-kg cylinder and Rs 1,700 for a 19-kg cylinder. Also, you can make online payment accordingly for the Indane gas new connection price if you are opting for it with a gas stove.
The Indane gas connection price for a regulator is Rs 150, which is a refundable amount and that of the passbook is Rs 25. The documentation charges are different for different companies.
The Indian government provides subsidies on the sale of domestic LPG cylinders and the amount may vary.
Indane gas new connection: How to get new gas connection online?
Firstly, one should locate the nearest gas agency that supplies LPG cylinders in the locality by checking online. One can also contact the agency’s customer care number, to know the location of the distributor office.
To apply for Indane gas connection online, consumers must visit the official website of the LPG supplier and follow the procedure to register for a new connection. They must register, fill the online KYC form with relevant details and make an initial payment. After registration, the gas agency will issue a receipt with the registration date and registration number. Once the booking number comes, the customer must show the receipt and make a payment deposit for the regulator or cylinder.
On May 1, 2015, Indian Oil Corporation Limited introduced the facility of the release of LPG connection with online payment and issuance of SAHAJ (e-SV) under the Digital India Initiative. Sahaj is an e-subscription voucher with details of the pressure regulators and cylinders in possession of the customer.
Also read about TNEB online application for new electricity connection in Tamil Nadu
Types of cooking gas connections in India
Domestic PNG (piped natural gas) connection
In a domestic PNG connection, natural gas is supplied from the source to homes through a pipeline network. The natural gas is mainly methane, with some percentage of other higher hydrocarbons. It is considered safe and environment friendly. Also, there are no storage hassles for end-users.
LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) connection
The term liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) refers to two natural gas liquids, propane and butane, or a mixture of these two. It is a commonly-used form of fuel in Indian households and is supplied to homes in liquid form through cylinders. In India, LPG connections are procured either from suppliers in the public or private sector.
You get a fixed number of cylinders at a subsidised rate from public sector suppliers such as:
- Indane Gas by Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- HP Gas by Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Bharat Gas by Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
The well-known private sector LPG suppliers are:
- Super Gas
- East Gas
- Jyothi Gas
Most private or public sector gas agencies supply gas with cylinder capacity options of 14.2 kg and 5 kg. However, the sizes of gas connections may differ from operator to operator.
Indane new gas connection: How to locate the nearest Indane Gas distributor?
Customers can contact the Indane Gas customer care and ask for details of the nearest gas distributor in their locality.
They can also access the online portal of Indane and follow the below mentioned steps:
- Noida homes to cost more, following steep hike in residential land rates
- Women’s day special: Rising to the top, against all odds
- Student housing: Indian real estate’s next big segment in 2019?
- 4 Types of Warehouses You Can Invest In
- Delhi government notifies rules for identifying space for vendors, hawkers
Step 1: Visit the home page of Indane’s official portal and click on ‘Locate us’.
Step 2: It will direct you to another page. Under ‘our network’, select ‘Indane distributor’. Enter the area/PIN code/location in the given field. Click on ‘show’.
The address and contact details of the nearest distributor in the locality will be displayed on the screen.
Indane gas new connection: Steps to register online
Step 1: Visit the official LPG website.
Step 2: Click on the option to know your LPG ID. Select the company name and you will be directed to the page https://cx.indianoil.in/webcenter/portal/LPG/pages_findyourlpgid.
Step 3: Click on ‘Register for New Connection’ and you will be directed to the SAHAJ online new connection page https://cx.indianoil.in/webcenter/portal/LPG/pages_lpgservicenewconnection. Click on ‘Register for a online New Connection’.
Step 4: Click on ‘Register Now’.
Step 5: Fill in the details like name, mobile number and email ID. Click on ‘Proceed’.
Step 6: Fill in the OTP received on your registered mobile number. Click on ‘Verify’. Next, you will be asked to set your new password.
Step 7: Proceed to log in by entering your username and the password in the next step.
Step 8: On the main page, click on ‘Submit KYC’ to apply for the Indane gas new connection. Complete the form by entering personal details such as name, gender, marital status, date of birth, nationality, relative details, address and contact details. Select the distributor from the list.
Under ‘Select the products’, choose the scheme details like general or non-subsidised scheme and cylinder capacity. Click on ‘Submit’. Then, click on ‘Save and Continue’ on the form page.
Step 9: Submit the requisite documents like identity proof and address proof. Complete the form by providing relevant details, as specified. Accept the declaration and submit the form.
Read also : Goregaon property market: An overview
The application will be sent to the distributor. You can login to check the Indane gas new connection application status. Once the application is approved, visit the distributor with the relevant documents like ID proof and photograph and pay the specified charges. It is important to know the latest Indane gas new connection price.
How to get a new gas connection offline?
- To apply for an Indane gas new connection, visit the office of the nearest gas agency in your locality.
- Collect and fill the application form for registering yourself as a new customer.
- Provide the supporting documents, such as copies of your identity proof, address proof and photographs.
- After the registration is done, the agency will issue a receipt with the registration date and registration number.
- Once the booking number comes, show the receipt and make the payment for the applicable Indane gas new connection price.
The distributor may visit your house to inspect the gas stove. After verification, the gas connection will be issued.
Indane gas new connection: Documents
The following documents will be required when applying for a gas connection:
Identity proof (any of the following):
- Aadhaar card
- PAN card
- Voter’s ID card
- Driving licence
- Identity card issued by central or state government
- Bank passbook with photograph
Address proof (any of the following):
- Aadhaar card
- Lease agreement
- Voter ID card
- House registration document
- Flat allotment or possession letter
- Driving licence
- Recent three months’ telephone, water or electricity bills
- Ration card
- Self-declaration attested by a gazetted officer
- Bank or credit card statement
- LIC policy
An affidavit stating that the household does not have an LPG or PNG connection
Documents received after getting a new gas connection
If you are applying for a domestic Indane gas new connection for the first time, you will receive one LPG cylinder and one regulator and rubber tube as part of the installation.
After payment of the deposit, a customer will receive the passbook (also referred to as Domestic Consumer Gas Card or Blue Book) wherein details about the connection and other services are entered by the distributor’s staff. A subscription voucher (SV) or certificate of connection is also issued. One should keep these documents securely.
Who can apply for a new gas connection?
- Individuals above the age of 18 can apply for a gas connection by submitting the requisite documents.
- The applicant should not have an LPG connection at the time of applying for a new connection.
Gas connection Indane refill booking process
A new LPG cylinder may last a few weeks or a month, depending on the usage. Consumers can now book LPG cylinders and refills through computers, mobile application or using the facility of SMS, WhatsApp, or by calling.
WhatsApp: Consumers can book LPG refills by typing ‘REFILL’ on WhatsApp and sending it on 7588888824. They should send it from their registered mobile number only. To check the status, one should type STATUS# and the order number and send it to the same number.
Calling: One can call at 7718955555 and provide the Indane distributor’s phone number with the STD code and consumer number. After confirming the LPG gas cylinder refill, the customer will get the LPG cylinder booking confirmation via SMS on the registered mobile number.
SMS: To get a refill through the SMS facility, SMS REFILL to 7588888824.
Mobile app: Download the IndianOil ONE app on your smartphone. You can register for a new account and log in using your credentials. Click on ‘Order Cylinder’ on the home page and confirm the details. Then, click on ‘Order Now’. You will get the booking reference number and confirmation SMS on your mobile number.
How to transfer Indane gas new connection?
The procedure for transfer of Indane gas new connection is the same for all the three public sector LPG providers.
Steps for the transfer of connection within the city
- Get an e-Customer Transfer Advise (e-CTA) issued from the existing distributor, i.e., authorisation code on the production of a Subscription Voucher (SV). The validity will be three months from the date of issue.
- Produce the voucher to the new distributor of the same gas agency, which will enroll the customer.
Steps for the transfer of connection to a different city
- The distributor in the current city will issue a Termination Voucher (TV) and refund the deposit amount as specified in the Subscription Voucher. The validity of the TV will be one year from the date of issue.
- Surrender the existing equipment, including the cylinders and the regulator.
- You can use your existing Domestic Gas Consumer Card in the new city, after approval by the new distributor.
- For the reconnection, pay the same deposit amount specified on the TV and collect the new Subscription Voucher (SV).
- Upon registration, the distributor will provide a new LPG cylinder and pressure regulator, after the deposit amount is paid.
Transfer gas connection from one agency to another
- Access the detailed records of the distributors on the gas company’s website and find out the gas agency details in the new locality.
- Furnish a letter to the existing gas distributor, requesting for the transfer. Submit the gas regulator and gas connection voucher and the transfer letter. Surrender your existing cylinder and safety regulator, in case you are moving to another city.
- You will get a refund of the deposit amount as specified in the Subscription Voucher (SV).
- The existing gas distributor will provide the gas transfer voucher.
- Submit a valid address proof along with identity proof and the gas transfer voucher to the new gas agency to get the Indane gas new connection.
- Pay the necessary transfer charges, which may vary from one agency to another.
- After the documents are submitted, the new gas agency will confirm the transfer. It will issue the new gas connection voucher mentioning the current address.
- You can book a cylinder and get it delivered to your home in a few days.
Indane gas new connection: Latest news
To increase the reach of LPG consumption in the country, IOCL has recently announced that anyone can purchase an LPG cylinder without showing Aadhaar card or address proof. Consumers can get a 5 kg Indane gas cylinder, by visiting the nearest distributor.
The company has also launched a new brand of LPG cylinders. This smart LPG cylinder, known as ‘Indane Composite Cylinders’, will allow consumers to know how much gas has been used and how much is left in the cylinder.
Can we have two gas connections?
A household is entitled to get only one LPG or connection. So, it is important to surrender the existing connection before applying for an Indane gas new connection.
How long does it take to get Indane gas new connection?
The entire process for applying for an Indane gas new connection can take up to a week. After applying for a new gas connection, the agency will deliver the cylinder, regulator and rubber pipe within the next three or four days.
Can I book 2 gas cylinders in a month?
Yes, a consumer can book two liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) cylinders in a month.
Who can avail LPG subsidy?
To enable poor people to get LPG at subsidised rates, the government has specified income requirements. As per the government’s directive, individuals having annual income of Rs 10 lakhs or more, are not eligible to avail of the LPG subsidy.
Is Indane gas delivery free?
There is a nominal fee for every Indane gas delivery, which ranges between Rs 25 to Rs 50, depending on the day and time.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org