[ecis2016.org] Know all about Aadhaar card update in this article
Aadhaar is the one of the largest biometric identification systems, in which citizens are given a unique 12-digit number that is linked to their biometrics. It will not be an exaggeration to argue that in the future, Aadhaar will be required to participate in government initiatives. Aadhar card also serves as confirmation of address and identity.
You are reading: All about Aadhaar card update
As a result, it is critical that all of your facts and information on the Aadhaar card be correct. Otherwise, you may be unable to benefit from government programmes. If your details or biometrics have changed, you must apply for an Aadhar Card Update right away.
When to update your Aadhaar card
There may be times when you need to request for Aadhaar card rectification. Among the most prevalent circumstances are: –
- Changes to your contact information (mobile number or address)
- Name modification (after marriage or willingly)
- During the enrollment procedure, the operator made clerical errors.
- An accident caused an alteration in biometrics (Fingerprint, Iris)
- Local language alteration
- The quality of biometrics acquired during enrollment was inadequate.
- Updating a child’s Aadhaar card with his or her age (at the age of 5 years and 15 years)
- UIDAI’s request for additional documents
- In the event that multiple authentication attempts fail.
Documents required to update or correct Aadhaar card details
The documents needed to renew or alter your Aadhaar card are categorised as follows :
- Identity Proof – PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Voter ID, etc.
- Relationship Proof – Passport/PDS Card/MNREGA Job Card/Pension Card, etc.
- Date of Birth Proof – Birth certificate/SLLC certificate/passport/PAN card, etc.
- Address Proof – Bank Passbook or Statement/Ration Card/Voter ID/Insurance Policy etc.
How to upgrade Aadhaar card information online?
Online, you can change your name, date of birth, address, and gender. However, in order to make the adjustments, your mobile phone number must be connected to your Aadhaar.
Read also : HSBC India cuts home loan balance transfer rate to 6.45%, the lowest in the industry
The following is the procedure for updating the name, address, gender, and date of birth details online:
- Go to myAadhaar and do UIDAI login.
- Select ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar.’
- Type your Aadhaar number and captcha.
- Select ‘Send OTP’.
- Enter the OTP given to your registered cell phone number.
- Next, click the ‘Update Demographics Data’ button.
- On the next page, select the required choices and click ‘Proceed.’
- The modifications can be applied on the following page. Next, upload the necessary document.
- Following that, you must go over the information that has been entered.
- After that, submit the proposed changes. The Update Request Number (URN) can be used to check the status of the update.
How to upgrade your Aadhar card through an enrolment centre
If you do not have internet access or a computer, or if you need to upgrade your biometric information, you can go to the closest Aadhar enrolment centre. The following steps are involved in changing Aadhaar details via an enrolment centre:- Locate the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre via the UIDAI portal.
- You do not need to schedule an appointment and therefore can contact the permanent enrolment facility whenever it is convenient for you.
- Take originals of any documents that are listed against by the relevant update of information option.
- The operator will verify your information and if your documents are in order before proceeding with the Aadhaar card update online.
- The operator will upload all of your information into the software, collect your biometrics (if necessary), and scan copies of the documents.
- When the transaction is finished, you will receive an acknowledgement receipt with the URN.
- The UIDAI portal helps in tracking the status of your Aadhaar update request.
- If your paperwork is in place, you will receive your updated Aadhar card at your home address within a few business days.
How to modify Aadhaar address without document proof?
For Aadhaar card address change online, the UIDAI has developed a service that allows you to update your Aadhaar address information without presenting address proof. To finish the Aadhaar card address update procedure, you must use the ‘Request for Aadhaar Validation Letter.’ The following are the four steps involved in the Aadhaar address update online process:
Step 1: Resident makes the request
- As a citizen, you need to log in using your Aadhaar number.
- The verifier’s Aadhaar details should be provided.
- An SRN will be issued.
Step 2 – Address verifier approval
- Click the link given to your registered mobile phone.
- Log in with your Aadhaar details.
- Give your permission.
- Give your permission.
Step 3 – Address verifier approval
- The registered contact information receives a Verifier Consent.
- Log in by entering the SRN.
- Check the address information.
- If necessary, change the language.
- Submit the request.
Read also : Section 194A: TDS on interest
Step 4: Enter the secret code to finish
- A letter containing the Secret Code will be mailed to you.
- Access the address updating portal.
- Using the Secret Code, change the address.
- Confirm the address and click the submit button.
- To track the request status, a URN would be issued.
Also read about : NREGA
How do I change my mobile number on my Aadhaar card?
The following is the method for changing your Aadhaar mobile number:
- Go to an Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
- Fill out the application form and submit it. Check that the form contains the proper mobile number.
- To change the mobile number, no documents are required.
- The update request will be registered.
- There will be an acknowledgment slip issued.
Important considerations when updating Aadhaar
Things to keep in mind when changing your Aadhaar are as follows:
- Make certain that the information you provide is correct.
- Check that all of the spellings are right.
- Documentary evidence must back up the information you supply.
- Keep the acknowledgement receipt.
- Make a note of your URN in order to track the progress of the update.
Reasons for update request rejection
A few of the explanations why your Aadhaar update requests may be denied are as follows:
- The proper protocol is not being followed.
- The necessary documentation has not been submitted.
- The information provided is incorrect.
Would the Aadhaar number vary if the data is updated?
No, the Aadhaar number would remain unchanged following the information update.
How long will it take for my Aadhaar card to be updated?
Following the submission of your request, this could take up to 90 days for the information on your Aadhaar to be changed.
How do I add my father’s or husband’s name to the address on my Aadhaar card?
It is optional to fill out this information. Aadhaar’s address field includes relationship details. It is abbreviated as Care Of (C/o).
Could I change the address using the local language?
Aside from English, you can update your address on your Aadhaar card in any of the following languages: Kannada, Bengali, and Hindi, Assamese, Gujarati, Hindi, Malayalam, Odia, Marathi, Urdu, Tamil, Punjabi, Telugu.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org
Category: Must Knows