[ecis2016.org] Also known as Elector Photo Identity Card or EPIC, the digital voter id card can be downloaded from the national voter service portal in a pdf format.It can be printed, laminated and also be stored in the Digilocker.
Elector Photo Identity Card (EPIC)
In order to fulfil the mission of Digital India, the Government of India has gone digital with voter ID cards. Also known as Elector Photo Identity Card or EPIC, the digital voter id card can be downloaded from the national voter service portal in a pdf format. It can be printed, laminated and also be stored in the Digilocker. This card is non-editable and is being issued for fresh registrations. The card will also have a QR code with serial numbers and demographics available within it. The file size of this card is 250 KB.
You are reading: All about Elector Photo Identity Card (EPIC)
Read also : What is financial planning?
The evolution of the digital era enables citizens to avail a voter ID card from the comfort of their homes and not visit government offices in order to make the request. This saves a lot of time and money and makes the service very convenient. Citizens can also carry the E-EPIC on their phones without needing to print it.
E-EPIC: Voter portal
The voter portal enables the users to get access to the services like-
- Applying for a voter ID card.
- Accessing contact details of booth level officers or electoral registration officers.
- Applying for rectification of voter card.
- Accessing important details pertaining to voting and elections.
- Accessing the electoral list.
E-EPIC: At a glance
|Service name||Digital Voter ID Card|
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Objective||Issuing voter cards in digital format|
E-EPIC: Eligibility criteria
- Applicants must be an Indian resident.
- Applicants must be above 18 years of age.
- All existing voters with EPIC numbers can also avail themselves of the service.
- New electors who have registered from the November of 2020 onwards can get their digital voter ID cards easily.
E-EPIC: Documents required
- Aadhaar card
- Proof of residence
- Age proof
- Ration card
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
New voter ID card application process
- Go to the official website of the election commission of India.
- Select the National Voters’ Service Portal.
- Click on ‘Apply online for registration of New voter’.
- Add details and upload required documents.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
Voter ID application details
Once you apply for a voter ID, either your card should come in within 2 months, or a team should visit your residence for verification of the details. If neither happens, you must inform the local tahsildar, zonal officer or polling station of your area. If neither happens, do raise a complaint through the official website after checking the stage at which your application is stuck.
- In order to check the status of the application, visit the homepage of the respective states’ Chief Electoral Officer website.
- Click on know application status for enrollment option,
- Provide required entails and check.
Procedure for E-EPIC card download
Read also : Jharkhand Jharsewa: Apply online for certificates and services
Wondering how to download a voter ID card? For e-epic card download, you can choose either of the methods to download voter id card online:
Through National Voter Service portal
- Visit the official National Voters’ service portal.
- On the homepage, click on Login/Register.
- If already registered, enter your login details in the required fields.
- If not, then register, create a login ID and then continue the process.
- Then click on download E-EPIC.
- If your mobile number is not registered in e-roll, then click on e-KYC to complete KYC.
- Now face the face live verification test.
- After that, update your mobile number.
- Click on download E-EPIC.
- The digital voter ID will be downloaded.
Through Voter portal
- On the homepage of the voter portal, click on login.
- Enter your login credentials.
- If not registered yet, register and then login.
- Then click on download E-EPIC.
- Enter your EPIC number or form reference number.
- Now click on download, and the e-voter card will be downloaded.
Through mobile app
- Open the Google Playstore or App Store.
- Now search for the voter helpline mobile app
- Click on the install option.
- The app gets downloaded.
- Login to the application.
- Click on download E-EPIC.
- Now, you will be redirected to the National Service Portal.
- If not registered, register and then login.
- Now click on download E-EPIC.
- Enter the EPIC number or form reference number.
- Enter OTP in the OTP box.
- Click on e-KYC and complete KYC. Then click on download E-EPIC.
- The card will be downloaded.
Checking status of Voter ID card
- Open the National Voter’s Service Portal.
- On the home page, click on login.
- Enter your login credentials in the track status option.
- Click on track status. The status will be displayed on the screen.
Checking Voter ID correction status
- Visit the official website.
- Enter the reference number provided to you while applying for rectification.
- Click on track status to see results.
- If the application is pending and not complete, bookmark the page and visit it later to complete the process.
Steps for NVSP registration
- Open the NVSP portal.
- Select login/register option.
- Click on the ‘Don’t have an account, new user’ option.
- Enter your mobile number and captcha to get an OTP.
- Enter the OTP.
- Now select whether you wish to register with an EPIC number or without it.
- Provide all the relevant details, and the registration gets completed.
Checking voter ID status via mobile
- Find out your application number.
- SMS ‘EPIC (space) (Your application number)’.
- Send it to the electoral officer, following which you will receive the status of your voter ID.
Verification of voter ID card
- Visit the National Voters’ Service Portal.
- Click on search in the electoral roll.
- Fill in the form with the details required and verify the same.
In case you have any further doubts or wish to check the status of your application, you can also call on the toll-free number 1950.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org
Category: Must Knows