[ecis2016.org] Karnataka’s State Scholarship Portal (SSP) offers a wide range of pre-matric and post-matric scholarships schemes
State Scholarship Portal (SSP) is an official state portal developed by Karnataka. It is a single integrated application portal which offers a wide range of pre-matric and post-matric scholarships schemes, for students from varied backgrounds. In this article we shall learn all about the SSP Pre-Matric Scholarship schemes.
The scholarships are given to different departments of the state of Karnataka, for students who belong to the underprivileged categories. The portal for SSP Scholarship helps students find information about the eligibility criteria, documents required, application links and other particulars, pertaining to the various scholarships provided by the Karnataka state government. Direct Bank Transfer (DBT) is allowed for the scholarship payment.
SSP Pre-Matric Scholarship scope
The SSP Pre-Matric Scholarships are given to students from Class I to Class X. The candidates who belong to SC, ST and other backward categories (OBC), are eligible to apply for the Pre Matric Scholarship. The SSP Post Matric Scholarships are for students who have completed their matriculation studies.
The following departments offer Pre Matric Scholarships for Class I to Class X students:
- Social Welfare Department
- Tribal Welfare Department
- Backward Classes Welfare Department
- Department of Minority Welfare
[ecis2016.org] All about MahaDBT Scholarship
SSP Pre-Matric Scholarship eligibility criteria
- The candidate applying for the SSP Pre-Matric Scholarship must belong to minority communities.
- The candidate must be a student pursuing Class I to Class X.
- The students can obtain the Pre Matric Scholarship under NSP and SSP.
- The annual family income of the candidate applying for the SSP Pre Matric Scholarship must not be more than Rs 1 lakh from all sources.
- The candidates are eligible for the Pre Matric Scholarship only if they have secured 50% in the exams. Class I students do not fall under this rule.
- The government awards SSP Pre Matric Scholarship to students whose parents work in an unclean occupation.
SSP Scholarships list
|Department of Backward Classes Welfare||
|Department of Tribal Welfare||
|Department of Social Welfare||
SSP Pre-Matric Scholarship selection criteria
- A candidate is selected based on his financial status and family income.
- Suppose two candidates from the same family have applied for the scholarship, then, the older candidate is chosen for the scholarship.
- The scholarship is provided to eligible candidates to cover their course fees and other education needs.
- The scholarship amount is transferred to the student’s Aadhaar-seeded bank account via Direct Benefit Transfer.
[ecis2016.org] All about Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
SSP Pre-Matric Scholarship: Documents required for registration
- Aadhaar card of the candidate
- Aadhaar card of the candidate’s parents
- Receipt of school and college fees
- Aadhaar-registered mobile number
- School and college enrollment number
- Ration Card
- Caste certificate
- Family income proof certificate
- Bank account details
- Student’s SATS identification number.
SSP Pre-Matric Scholarship benefits
- The Pre Matric Scholarship will encourage parents from minority backgrounds to send their children to school and for higher education.
- The scholarship aims to lighten the burden of parents on school education by assisting them in paying for their children’s education costs.
- The Pre-Matric Scholarship is the foundation for attaining quality education and providing a secure career in the future.
- It empowers the students and uplifts their socio-economic background.
SSP Pre-Matric Scholarship duration
The scholarship amount will be provided to the selected candidates for the entire course. The maintenance allowance will be a fixed lump sum in an academic year.
[ecis2016.org] All about Karnataka’s Kaveri Online Services portal
SSP Pre-Matric Scholarship: How to create an account on the SSP portal?
By following this procedure, eligible students can apply for the SSP Pre Matric Scholarship (the steps are the same as for the SSP Pre Matric Scholarship 2021 – 22).
- Visit the official site of Karnataka State Scholarship Portal (SSP) – https://ssp.karnataka.gov.in/
- On the landing page of the SSP, you need to select ‘Create Account’.
- In the next step, you will have to click the tick mark box for Metric East.
- Enter your SATS identification number.
- Click on Get Information.
- Go through the displayed information and click on Save and Proceed.
- Now a pop-up containing your SATS details will appear. Click on it.
- If the details are correct, select ‘Yes’. If they are incorrect, click ‘No’.
- After clicking on Yes, enter your mobile number and press the ‘Submit’ button.
- Following that, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP number in the box given and click Submit.
- Now, create a password. Press the Submit button.
- Now, you will find a newly registered account on the State Scholarship Portal and your User ID and password will be mailed to you.
SSP Pre-Matric Scholarship portal login process
- Go to the State Scholarship Portal (SSP). .
- Click on Student Login.
- Enter your username and password, and click on ‘Login Through E-Pramaan’.
- You will be logged in to your account.
SSP Karnataka: How to apply for Pre-Matric Scholarship?
- Go to the State Scholarship Portal (SSP). .
- Click on Student Login and login to your account.
- The next page will have the following menu: Home, Edit, Scholarships and Profile.
- The Homepage will also feature the Aadhaar option.
- Select ‘Yes’ if you have the Aadhaar card of both student and parent.
- Now, click on ‘Proceed’.
- Tick the consent box and proceed further.
- Enter the Aadhaar Card details.
- An error message pops up if the Aadhaar details are incorrect.
- You will see a ‘Yes’ option if the details are correct.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ button.
- After the authentication of Aadhaar details, complete the profile by filling in your certification details.
- Fill in the details carefully.
- Now select the ‘Save and Proceed’ button.
- Fill in whether you are a Day Scholar or Hosteller.
- Type the personal details.
- Fill in the other details such as district, taluk, and your contact address.
- Select the ‘Save and Proceed’ button.
- Complete all the domicile details.
- If you have availed of any other scholarships in the past, enter their details.
- Now, upload your photograph. This step is optional.
- In the last step, the acknowledgement of your scholarship will appear.
- Right-click and select the ‘Print’ option and save it as a PDF.
SSP Karnataka: How to track scholarship status report
- Visit the official portal of the Karnataka State Scholarship Portal.
- On the landing page, select the ‘Track Student Scholarship’ Status.
- Enter the SATS identification number of the student and the financial year you have applied for the scholarship.
- Click on the ‘Search’ button.
- The status of your scholarship will appear on the screen.
State Scholarship Portal Karnataka: Contact details
|Scholarship assistance number||080-35254757|
|Department Of Social Welfare||9008400010 or 9008400078|
|Scheduled Tribes Welfare Department||080-22261789|
|Department Of Minority Welfare||8277799990|
|Department Of Backward Classes Welfare||080-22374836
|Department of Social Development||080-22535931|
What does SATS mean?
SATS stands for ‘Student Achievement Track System’. The students receive this unique number during registration.
Can you make changes to the SSP Pre Matric Scholarship application form after submission?
No, you cannot make corrections after submitting the form. Carefully enter the details in the first attempt.
Can you edit student details on the SSP portal?
Yes, you can edit the student details such as certificate and bank details. It is done by logging into the student account and selecting the ‘Edit’ menu.
How can I change the login password on the portal?
You need to login into the portal by using valid credentials. Now, click on the ‘Profile’ option. Select the ‘Change Password’ option. Frame a new password and save the changes.
Is an Aadhaar Card a must for the student and their parents?
Yes, you need to have the Aadhaar Card to benefit from the scholarship. If you do not have an Aadhaar card, you can provide an EID number (Aadhaar Enrollment Number).
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org