[ecis2016.org] BillDesk is a provider of online payment gateways that enable customers to make online payments.
A leader in India’s digital payments, BillDesk is a provider of online payment gateways that enable customers to make online payments. It’s a one-stop payment provider that helps customers manage and pay their monthly bills at a convenient time.
Even though BillDesk is an independent payment processing company, it is regulated and supervised by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) under the Payments and Settlements Systems Act, 2007.
How does Billdesk work?
BillDesk allows customers to receive, review, and pay all of their bills from different providers in one place. In addition to reducing processing expenses, it improves bill presentation, provides customers with the option of paying online, and offers improved customer service.
If you operate a business in India that requires regular monthly payments, BillDesk’s service can help you avoid long queues and the need to post checks.
Make a payment through BillDesk by following the steps below:
- To register, go to https://www.billdesk.com/web/
- Provide basic information about yourself, such as your email address and bank account number.
- Configure billing or payment information. Every time you add a biller, BillDesk will require your account number or consumer number and will verify if the information you provide is correct.
- Once your biller has been successfully added, your biller’s invoices will automatically appear in BillDesk. An email will also be sent whenever a new bill is generated. If you wish to pay, you can specify the amount, the date, as well as the bank account that you wish to be debited.
- Your instructions will be processed by BillDesk, and the payment will be executed accordingly. An email confirmation will be sent to you once your bank account has been debited.
- Your payment information will be stored in BillDesk for up to one year. In order to obtain a copy of the payments you made before that date, you will have to contact BillDesk.
Steps for making credit card payments on BillDesk
First, set up a Billdesk account by providing some basic personal information. After creating your account, you can add your billers just as you would with your net banking account. After you add your billers, you will be notified whenever a new bill is generated. You can pay all your bills together or one at a time through your BillDesk account.
Paying SBI credit card bill with Billdesk
- You can make your credit card payment for the SBI bill desk by visiting this link.
- Fill in your email address.
- To ensure your security, enter and verify your SBI credit card number.
- Then, enter your mobile number.
- Enter the amount of the payment you wish to make for your credit card using SBI billdesk.
- To make a payment, you can either choose your debit card, your net banking account, or UPI.
- Then select your debit card, bank account, or UPI from which you wish to pay and click the “Pay Now” button.
- To verify your identity at the end, you will need to log into your BillDesk account and enter the One-Time Password (OTP) that is sent to your registered mobile number.
Paying HDFC Bank credit card bill with Billdesk
- In order to pay your HDFC Bank credit card bill, visit this link.
- Type in your Credit Card number and the amount you wish to pay.
- Enter your email address (optional).
- Simply choose your net banker from the dropdown menu and click on the “Pay” button.
- You will be securely directed to the bank payment interface of the net banking option you selected.
- You will need to enter your authentication details [viz user id and password] at the bank payment interface.
- Verify the amount of your payment to HDFC Bank Credit Card.
- The amount will be debited from your account online.
- As soon as the transaction is completed, you will receive a confirmation and Transaction Reference Number.
- A confirmation email will also be sent to you (if you have provided an email id).
Paying IndusInd credit card bill with Billdesk
- Visit this link to make your IndusInd credit card payment.
- Input your IndusInd Bank Credit Card number and how much you’d like to pay.
- Choose the bank account from which you would like to make this payment (Billdesk partners only with selected banks).
- A secure redirect will take you to the payment interface of your selected bank.
- At the bank payment interface, enter your authentication data (Net Banking User ID and Password).
- Your bank account will be debited almost immediately after you confirm the amount, subject to settlement by your bank.
- Upon receipt of the transaction acknowledgement screen, the transaction status is displayed as ‘Success’ or ‘Failure’. If your payment fails, please try again. If the success/failure message isn’t displayed, check if a debit has been made to your bank account before making another payment.
[ecis2016.org] Know about Central bank of India IFSC code
Here are a few things you should keep in mind before making a credit card payment using BillDesk:
- To avoid late payment penalties, pay the dues by the due date.
- Whenever possible, pay the full amount due, as paying only the minimum amount will result in interest accruing daily on the remaining balance.
- Many card companies allow you to convert your dues into EMIs.
- Maintain a close eye on your credit card statement for any technical errors that could result in additional charges.
- Review the credit card statement carefully to analyse spending patterns to avoid mindless or impulsive purchases in the future.
Payments through Billdesk: How secure is it?
The BillDesk information security management framework provides technical, operational, and physical security measures which comply with Indian laws with the intent of preventing unauthorised access, maintaining data accuracy, and ensuring appropriate use of information. In order to ensure the security of your account, BillDesk uses the following measures:
Using a strong password and login ID
Your BillDesk account can only be accessed using your Login ID and Password, which you created during registration or onboarding. You use usernames and passwords to protect your BillDesk account in the exact same way that a personal identification number (PIN) secures your bank account at an ATM.
Furthermore, BillDesk requires “strong” passwords that include upper and lower-case letters, numbers, and non-alphanumeric characters. Be sure to guard these credentials.
Strong data encryption
At BillDesk, information is sent in a “secure session” encrypted with Transport Layer Security (‘TLS’), unlike normal Internet communication. With TLS, data is encrypted, the server is authenticated, and messages are maintained and protected against tampering.
Data security and access control
BillDesk’s database is protected by a number of firewalls, and your data is held safely. Only authorised personnel can submit requests to these firewalls. In addition, they can detect unauthorised activities on the server.
Additionally, some of the critical information in the database (including your password, secret question and answer, and personal information) is stored in an encrypted format, ensuring that data cannot be misused.
Besides software, hardware, and network-based control measures, BillDesk has internal processes that identify all breaches or flaws.
Also read about : Eway bill login
How much does the BillDesk service cost?
BillDesk provides a free service that enables convenient online payments.
Do I need online banking to use BillDesk?
BillDesk is an independent payment gateway, so you are not required to log in to online banking when you use the BillDesk service.
Does BillDesk pose any online security risks?
BillDesk is an encrypted payment gateway, so there is no online security threat.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org