[ecis2016.org] According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, a person is not permitted to operate a motor vehicle in a public location if they do not possess a valid driving licence.
In order to lawfully operate a motor vehicle in India, you are required to possess a current and valid driver’s licence. According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, a person is not permitted to operate a motor vehicle in a public location if they do not possess a valid driving licence. It is a crime that carries a potential sentence.
You are reading: How to apply for a driving licence?
The process of applying for a driver’s licence is quite straightforward. People can now go online and quickly fill out an application. Your driver’s licence application does not require you to wait in a long line.
Eligibility for driver’s licence
|Types of permitted vehicles||Requirements|
|50cc-capacity vehicles with no transmission.||
|Vehicles for business||
Documents for driver’s licence application
Use any of the following as evidence of age
- Pan Card
- PassportDate of Birth certificate
- School matriculation documents
- Attested Passport copy
Any of the following for evidence of address
- LIC policy bond
- State or Central Government payslip
- Voter ID
- Ration Card
- Valid passport
- Learner’s licence
- Application form 4
- When seeking a commercial driver’s licence, fill out Application Form 5.
- Three pictures of passport size
How to apply for a driver’s licence?
Read also : Digital Signature Certificate (DSC): All you need to know
There are two different approaches one may use while applying for DL.
Driving licence apply online procedure
- Visit the webpage parivahan.gov.
- Choose the “Driving licence Related Services” option from the “Online Services” menu.
- Choose the State where you desire to apply.
- Choose the “Apply for a Driver’s licence” option.
- Fill out the applicant’s information.
- Upload scanned versions of all required papers.
- Pay the required fee.
- Schedule a spot for the driver’s licence exam.
- Attend the exam according to the timetable.
- The driver’s licence is sent to the individual’s door if they pass an exam.
It is highly recommended that you submit your DL online application rather than getting through the procedure manually since doing so is less time-consuming and more comfortable. You may easily get the registration for the licensing on the internet, save it to your computer, then print it out, fill it out completely, and then submit it along with the items needed. After you have successfully completed all of these steps, you will be able to take the exam and get your driving licence online.
If you’re looking to register your car with a Learners licence (LL) online, you must be using it for personal reasons alone and not for business purposes. It is possible to apply for LL in many vehicle categories using a single application portal. The test procedure is the same for all vehicles, regardless of the kind of automobile wherein the LL is used.
Offline procedure to apply for a driving licence
- Form 4, the registration form for a driver’s licence in India, must be obtained. The form may be obtained from the online webpage for state transport. Alternatively, you may get Form 4 by visiting your local RTO.
- Complete the application form and submit it along with age and address verification papers to the local RTO.
- Pay the required fee.
- Schedule a time for the driver’s test.
- Give the exam in the RTO’s office.
- If you are successful in the test, you’ll earn a driver’s licence.
Difference between a DL and learner’s licence
Read also : Non occupancy charges in cooperative housing societies: Things you should know
People who want to get started learning how to ride a vehicle may apply for a learner’s licence, which is only good for six months and has a limited validity period. After one month has passed after the issue of the original learner’s licence, a person is eligible to take the written and practical tests necessary to receive a permanent driver’s licence (DL). Therefore, in order to submit an application for a driver’s licence, one must first get a learner’s permit. The two applications must be separated by at least one month in order to be considered.
DL and LL charges
You have the option of making the payment for the amount either via an SBI challan or digitally. The following is a list of the numerous types of licences and their associated driver’s licence fees:
|Licence Granted||Previous Fee (Rs.)||Current Fee (Rs.)|
|Requesting a new driver’s licence||40||20|
|Driving permit test||50||300|
|Renewal of a driver’s licence||50||200|
|Obtaining a new learner’s permit||30||200|
|Renewal of a learner’s permit||40||200|
|Obtaining an International Driving Permit||500||1000|
|licences for driving schools||2000||10000|
|Renewal of a driver’s licence||50||200|
|Appeal cost against RTO||100||500|
|Giving driving schools duplicate licence.||2000||5000|
Mistakes to avoid
- Check for mistakes and omissions once you have completed the form.
- Bring the original paperwork with you to the driver’s test.
- Note that a Learner’s Permit is only good for six months.
- If you submit fake papers with your application, you will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Don’t forget to provide a duplicate of your Learner’s Permit when registering for your Driver’s licence.
- Never operate a vehicle (even while practising) without a valid driver’s licence or supporting paperwork.
- In the case of owners of a Provisional licence, do not drive without a holder of a valid driver’s licence present. A conviction for driving or riding alone might prevent you from acquiring a driver’s licence.
What is the duration of a Learner’s Licence?
From the day it was issued, a Learner’s Licence is good for a length of time equal to six months.
Is a Mumbai-issued Learner’s licence valid across India?
Yes, a Learner’s licence granted in any state or UT is valid nationwide for the term of its validity.
What documentation must I submit regarding my vehicle while applying for a driver’s licence?
When registering for a driver’s licence, you must provide the following information about your automobile: Certificate of registration Car insurance Documents Fitness certificate for transport vehicle Proof of tax payment
Is a health certificate required for a licence application?
If you are above the age of 50, you are required to provide a medical certificate.
Will I get a reimbursement if I fail my driving test?
No, if you fail your driving test, you will not be eligible for a return of any kind.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org
Category: Must Knows