[ecis2016.org] In this article, we tell you the step-by-step process of checking Indian Bank Balance online
Keeping a check on one’s bank balance is necessary, as it helps keep track of the spending and the health of one’s financial planning. Checking the bank balance also allows us to keep a tab on all the transactions and catch any irregularity or fraudulent transactions.
You are reading: How to check Indian Bank balance online?
With the merger of Allahabad Bank and Indian Bank, customers of both the banks can use the banking services of Indian Bank, including checking the account balance. Customers can check their Indian Bank balance at an ATM. However, they can also do an Indian Bank balance check from the comfort of their home through online banking, phone banking, missed call and SMS service or the Indian Bank mobile app.
In this article, we tell you about Indian Bank balance check using the five different options. Note that it is necessary to register your mobile number with Indian Bank, to use any of the mentioned services.
Indian Bank balance check using missed call service
To use the missed call service for Indian Bank balance check, follow these steps.
- Give a missed call on 09289592895 from your registered mobile number.
- On receiving a missed call, the bank will send Indian Bank balance account details via SMS.
Check out: Know about Indian Bank IFSC code
[ecis2016.org] A step-wise guide for EPF balance check
Indian Bank balance check using SMS service
Customers who do not have internet banking can check the Indian Bank balance through the SMS service. To use the SMS service for Indian Bank balance check:
- Fill an SMS banking application form and register your mobile number at your Indian Bank branch. Once this is done, you will receive an MPIN and an acknowledgment of mobile number registration.
- To use the SMS facility, send an SMS with the correct SMS code to 9444394443. Check the SMS codes and format below.
Read also : Post Office Fixed Deposit: Is it a good option?
In the SMS facility, in addition to checking the Indian Bank balance, customers can access mini statements and check the status of issued cheques.
|Indian Bank balance check||BALAVL<Ac no><MPIN>|
|Mini-statement||LATRAN <Ac no><MPIN> (or)
|Deposited cheque status||DCHSTS <chq no><Ac no><MPIN> (or)
DCHSTS <chq no><MPIN>
|Issued cheque status||CHQSTS <chq no><Ac no><MPIN> (or)
CHQSTS <chq no><MPIN>
|For changing MPIN (mobile pin number)||CHGPIN <New MPIN<<OMPIN>|
|Other bank related queries||HELP <Code><MPIN>|
Indian Bank balance check through internet banking
For Indian Bank balance check through internet banking, a customer has to have an Indian Bank internet banking account. Follow these steps to check the Indian Bank balance online.
- Log on to Indian Bank portal at https://www.indianbank.net.in/jsp/startIBPreview.jsp
- If you are a new user, register for net banking by clicking on ‘New User’. Enter the user details and submit. You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile. Enter the OTP and choose the facility type, the login password, secret question and activation type. Read the terms and conditions mentioned carefully and check the ATM card details.
- You can choose to activate internet banking by using your ATM card or by downloading the application form and submitting it to your Indian Bank branch for activation. Note that this facility cannot be activated in joint accounts through an ATM card. The account holders must visit the bank branch.
- Once registered, click on the ‘Individual’ option and login with username and captcha.
- On your bank account page, click on ‘Accounts’. You will see the Indian Bank balance on the screen. Click on ‘Detailed Statement’ to see the transaction details of your account.
[ecis2016.org]All about PNB internet banking
Indian Bank balance check through IndOASIS mobile app
Read also : UP ration card online: A comprehensive guide
IndOASIS is the official mobile app of Indian Bank. Previously, the bank had the IndPay app, which has been discontinued.
Download the Indian Bank mobile app – IndOASIS – from Google Play store and register on it by entering your CIF number and press ‘Send SMS’.
If you don’t know your CIF number, click on ‘Know your CIF’. Enter your account number, registered mobile number and captcha and press ‘Send OTP’.
Once registered, click on ‘Accounts’ for Indian Bank balance check. You can also check your transaction details.
Indian Bank balance check at ATM
To check your Indian Bank balance at an ATM, insert your Indian Bank debit card in the slot. Select ‘Balance Enquiry’ and enter your pin number. The ATM will display the balance in your account. You can also ask for a mini statement using your Indian Bank debit card at the ATM.
[ecis2016.org] How to apply for ATM machine
What are the charges associated with using the Indian Bank balance check through missed call and SMS services?
While there are no charges associated with using the Indian Bank balance check missed call service, regular SMS charges are applicable for the SMS service. Indian Bank does not charge anything for both the services.
Can I block a cheque using the SMS facility?
No, you can only check the status of your cheque through the SMS facility. Visit your branch or log into internet banking/mobile app to block your cheque.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org
Category: Must Knows