[ecis2016.org] There are several ways in which you can track your LIC policy status. Let’s know all about those methods.
In today’s hectic world, it’s all too easy to forget to pay premiums, and even the grace period can go unnoticed. To avoid this, you should review your life insurance policy on a regular basis and keep track of incoming premium payments. That is why it is vital to keep track of your LIC policy status.
You are reading: How to check LIC policy status online?
How can I check the status of my LIC policy?
Customers of LIC can check the status of their policies in a variety of methods like using LIC’S portal on the internet, via a text message and by calling the company’s customer service number.
Check status of your LIC policy online (For registered users)
- Registered users can visit the LIC e-service portal. There, you’ll find an ‘Online Services’ option on the home page, which you should select.
- You must select ‘Customer Portal’ from the drop-down menu.
- This will direct you to the LIC’s eServices page. You must then select the ‘Registered Users’ tab, which will redirect you to the login page.
- To sign in, you’ll need to enter your user ID, password, and date of birth here. You will be able to access details about your insurance and monitor the status of your coverage after you have logged in.
- Select the Policy Status tab.
- You’ll get a list of all the LIC policies you’ve signed up for. To find out the status of any of the policies in the list, click its policy number. You may also see additional information about the insurance, such as the next premium due date, the sum guaranteed, the policy duration, the policy name, and so on.
Checking LIC policy status for new users
- If you are a first-time user, you must create an account by selecting a unique username and password.
- Go to LIC’s e-service portal’s official website.
- Click New User and fill out the online registration form with the essential information and a valid email address.
- After selecting a username and password, LIC will send an automated email to the address provided for confirmation.
- In order to register, you must confirm the automatic email received by LIC.
Using SMS-based helpline service to check LIC policy status
The user’s SMS-based helpline service is another method to verify your insurance status on the move. If you don’t have time or access to the internet, or if you are a new user who hasn’t yet registered on the insurer’s website, you may still use the SMS service to check the status of your policy and obtain crucial policy-related information. In the table below, the SMS-codes for each form of inquiry are mentioned.
|Type of Inquiry||Code to be sent through SMS||SMS code to be sent to|
|Payments of Premiums||ASKLIC PREMIUM||9222492224|
|Status of Loans||ASKLIC LOAN||9222492224|
|Status of Bonus||ASKLIC BONUS||9222492224|
|Policy Reinvention||ASKLIC REVIVAL||9222492224|
|Status of Nomination||ASKLIC NOMINATION||9222492224|
Customer service to check the status of your LIC policy
For policy-specific information, grievance resolution, change of address notification, or help, you can also contact the insurer’s regional offices.
To contact the insurer via phone, go to the ‘Phone Help Line’ page on the insurer’s website. Various cities and towns have been divided into separate consumer zones by insurance. You may view the address, phone number, and email address of a branch in your city based on your location. You can visit any of these offices during business hours, contact them, or email them if it is more convenient for you.
Customers may also obtain rapid updates on their insurance plans using the LIC’s IVRS service, which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They may use the service to look up all insurance-related information by just entering their policy number. You can reach the LIC hotline numbers listed below for voice assistance:
|Assistance number for the users of MTNL and BSNL||12151|
|Assistance number for users with other Mobile or landline services||City code followed by 12151|
You may also call 022 6827 6827, which is LIC’s toll-free customer service number.
LIC India: Types of insurance plans
- Term insurance policies
- Whole-life insurance policies
- Plans for money back
- Plans for endowment
- Plans for your child
- Plans for retirement
- Insurance plans that are linked to units
- Plans for health care
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org