[ecis2016.org] Explained in this article is the online procedure to check your voter ID details.
Voter ID is an important document because it is essential to vote in elections. A valid voter ID card is required for all eligible citizens. If you have previously applied and wish to check the status of your voter card application, you must track the voter ID status using your reference ID. You can follow the status of your EPIC application if you have filed it and are waiting for it to be issued. The service is available on ECI’s official service portal.
You are reading: How to check voter ID card details online?
Previously, applicants had to visit a relevant office to learn about the status and updates on their application. However, applicants can now follow their voter id status via the internet, toll-free number, and SMS service. Everything is done online in this fast-paced society because it saves time. It is no longer necessary to stand in a long line to apply for or voter ID check the status. You may now check your voter ID card details online in a few seconds.
What is a voter ID card?
Read also : Reverse mortgage: Show me the money, say senior citizens
A voter ID card or an election card is a photo identity proof issued by the Election Commission of India to an Indian citizen eligible to cast his/her vote. A voter ID card, also called a voter registration card, serves as a proof of one’s citizenship, making a person eligible to cast a vote in India.
Why is a voter ID card essential?
- It acts as a nationally recognised form of identification.
- It serves as a confirmation of one’s voter registration.
- Multiple voting in elections can be avoided with certain procedures such as (by way of marking).
- It is designed to meet the electoral needs of a low-literacy population.
- It is a vital identify proof for voters who do not have a fixed address. It is ideal for persons who move frequently, possibly because of their employment.
- Since it is a photo identity proof, it ensures accuracy of the electoral roll and keeps a check on cases of electoral fraud.
Check your voter ID card details online
Step 1: Go to the Electoral Search website.
Step 2: On the website’s homepage, you will see two alternatives for obtaining your information. The first technique is to enter your Epic Number, while the second is to search using your personal details.
Read also : Axis Bank’s EMI waiver scheme: An analysis
Step 3: If you select the first option, you must input your epic number, state, and the security code presented on the screen before clicking “search.” Your information will be displayed on the screen if you are a registered voter.
How to find voter ID card details online if you do not find them on the electoral search page?
If you cannot find your information on the Electoral Search page, try visiting your state election website. Every state in India has a website where voters’ information is saved.
- Go to the webpage for your state’s election.
- Enter essential information such as your name, father’s name, and voter ID card number, then click the “Search” button.
- You will get a list of profiles that match the information you entered.
- Select your name and click on it for more information.
- If you are unable to locate your voter identity card information online, go to your nearest electoral office.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org
Category: Must Knows