The Calcutta Electric Supply Corporation (CESC) is the flagship enterprise of the RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group. Situated in Kolkata, it is an Indian electricity generation and distribution company, and it is the only one that serves the 567 square kilometers of the area managed by the Kolkata municipal corporation, and parts of the Howrah, Hooghly, 24 Parganas (North), and 24 Parganas (South) districts in West Bengal.
You are reading: How to pay CESC electricity bill online?
|Company||Calcutta Electric Supply Corporation (CESC)|
|Services||Electricity generation and distribution,
natural gas exploration, production, transportation and distribution
|Functioning Years||2003 – Present|
|Consumer Services||Online bill payment services, new connection|
CESC provides services to over 3.0 million customers, who fall into three categories: commercial, industrial, and residential.
Steps to pay electricity bill on the CESC portal
Paying a CESC bill is easy; all the important consumer services can be accessed from the homepage of the CESC portal. Follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to the official CESC portal.
- On the home page, select ‘Quick Bill Pay’ under the Quick Links section.
- You will now be redirected to a new page.
- There will be many options to view and check your electrical consumption.
- Click on ‘monthly bill.’
- A new page will open.
- Enter your 11-digit customer ID.
- After reviewing and selecting your bill’s contents, verify customer information.
- The payment page will be routed to you.
- Once the payment process is complete, the payment status page is shown.
- The acknowledgement will be displayed.
- You will be able to pay your account online successfully.
Steps to pay bill on CESC mobile app
- Get CESCAPPS from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store and install it on your device.
- Sign in with the cellphone number you provided.
- You will find the option to pay the bill inside the ‘My Account’ section of the menu.
- You have the option of paying the bill with a card, via online banking, at the bill counter, or with Paytm.
- You can also choose to get an email confirmation depending on the method of payment that you choose.
- OTP will be sent to the cellphone number that was registered.
- Input the OTP to complete the bill payment transaction successfully.
Steps to pay CESC bill through other options
You can pay the bill by going to the CESC office that is most convenient for you. You have the option of paying the bill with cash, a credit card, a check, or a demand draft when the bill is presented to you.
Steps to view/print CESC bill
- To begin, go to the official CESC portal
- On the home page select ‘View/Print’ under the Quick Links section.
- Enter your 11-digit customer Id.
- Refrain from adding your consumer number.
- In the event you have forgotten your customer Id, you can retrieve it from the view/print bill page with easy steps.
Steps to apply for new connection
- To begin, go to the official CESC portal.
- On the home page, select ‘New Conn / Addl.Load / Shifting’ under the Quick Links section.
- Select ‘New User Register’ when the connection page opens.
- An application form will open. Enter all the details carefully.
- Your email address, which you have provided, will be used in place of your user id for any processes
Steps to register mobile number, email, date of birth
- To begin, go to the official CESC portal.
Read also : All about Max Life Insurance Secure Plus plan
- On the home page, select ‘Register Your Mobile, Email, DOB’ under the Quick Links section.
- You will be redirected to a new page.
- Enter your customer Id. You can know your Customer ID by providing your Consumer No.
- Enter your contact number, mail id, and DOB to update the details successfully.
CESC solar PV generation guidelines
Customers who have already installed or are planning to build a solar photovoltaic generating system are required to use either net metering or net billing as their method of electricity consumption. According to the relevant rules, the cost of injecting from rooftop sources will be calculated using net metering or net billing as the foundation.
- At a minimum, the producing capacity of a solar photovoltaic system should be 1 kilowatt.
- The capacity of the solar photovoltaic source should be less than or equal to the load that is sanctioned for the consumer.
- Customers whose sanctioned loads are more than 5 KW will be subject to net billing.
- Customers with sanctioned loads ranging from one kilowatt to five kilowatts have the option to use net metering.
Application for a tariff change
The registered customer will be required to fill out an application for a change in tariff on plain paper, explicitly indicating the tariff category and the purpose of consumption, giving their Consumer No., and submitting the application at the corresponding Regional Office.
- If further inspection is necessary, it will be conducted by the corresponding regional office.
- A modification in the tariff will be reflected in the following bill after it has been verified.
Address: CESC Limited, CESC House, Chowringhee Square, Kolkata – 700001
Phone no: 22256040-49
Helpline no: 1912, 03335011912, 03344031912, 18605001912
What should I do if I want to put up an air conditioner in my house?
Obtain your consumer number from your most recent utility bill and the air conditioner’s capacity by sending an application to the Commercial Department of your regional office. This information will be used to generate a bill for the additional security deposit. Afterwards, the AC can be installed, subject to the replacement of the metre and/or the strengthening of services.
If my address and name are incorrect, how can I fix them?
You’ll need to fill out an application and include your most recent bill, your consumer number, and any necessary documentation, such as a picture ID card, to prove your identification.
Do I have to pay an extra Security Deposit (SD) if anything happens?
In April of each year, the Security Deposit is recalculated based on the previous year’s usage. In the bill for the month of April, you will see a statement of your SD account. Additional SD must be deposited if the maintained SD is greater than the SD ‘held’ amount.
What factors go into determining the amount of the security deposit?
Basically, a consumer’s security deposit is three times the average bill amount for the reference financial year. It will be decided by the amount of weight that is attributed to an applicant’s profile when determining the SD.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org