[ecis2016.org] In this article, we will explain all about the Joy Bangla Pension Scheme and the online application procedure. The scheme was introduced on April 1, 2020 and aims to provide pension benefits to those belonging to the backward community and below poverty line.
The Chief Minister of West Bengal has introduced a new initiative known as the West Bengal Joy Bangla Pension Scheme to assist all the poor people of the state and those belonging to the backward community.
You are reading: Joy Bangla Pension Scheme features, requirements, and procedures
Joy Bangla Pension Scheme details
The West Bengal Joy Bangla pension programme assists the society’s socially deprived categories, scheduled caste and scheduled tribe. The Taposali Bandhu Pension Scheme is a scheme that was introduced for the scheduled caste (SC) category. The Jai Johar scheme is a scheme that has been developed for the scheduled tribe group.
Joy Bangla Pension Scheme: Important dates
The West Bengal Joy Bangla pension programme went live on April 1st, 2020.
Joy Bangla Pension Scheme: Features
- Beneficiaries will have their benefits deposited immediately into their bank accounts.
- The government plans to develop a separate portal for this scheme soon. This scheme will help around 21 lakh individuals in the state.
- Any SC/ST candidate who is over the age of 60, a widow, or a person with a disability may apply.
- However, the government has not yet decided the budget for the scheme.
Joy Bangla Pension Scheme: Incentives
The following is a list of incentives that will be granted to West Bengal residents:
- The Taposali Bandhu Pension Scheme will offer rupees 600 to all beneficiaries.
- All beneficiaries would receive 1000 rupees under the Jai Johar initiative.
Joy Bangla Pension Scheme: Highlights
|Joy bangla pension scheme
|Chief Minister of West Bengal
|Offering pension benefits for citizens
|People of West Bengal
Joy Bangla Pension Scheme: Eligibility criteria
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal state.
- The applicant must be from the BPL group.
- A candidate must be a member of a scheduled caste or tribe.
- The applicant must be under 60 years old.
- The candidate must not be registered under any other West Bengal pension scheme.
Joy Bangla Pension Scheme: Documents required
- Caste certificate
- A digital certificate from the appropriate authority
- A digital ration card
- If available, the Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID
- Residential Certificate (Self declaration)
- Income Certificate (Self declaration)
- Bank Pass Book
Joy Bangla Pension Scheme: Advantages
The West Bengal Bangla pension programme, which was announced by the West Bengal state finance minister, Amit Mitra, has numerous advantages. Two initiatives would be implemented under the umbrella of the West Bengal Joy Bangla scheme. Different forms of incentives are provided under each scheme.
Joy Bangla Pension scheme: Selection procedure
Once the form is submitted, the selection procedure, as explained below, will be carried out by the appropriate authorities:
- The application forms will be validated by the KMC’s BDO/SDO or Commissioner. They will guarantee that applicants are eligible for the scheme.
- All relevant forms physically deposited must be scanned and uploaded on the state portal by the BDO/SDO or Commissioner of KMC.
- Through the state portal, the BDO and SDO will recommend the names of qualified individuals to the District Magistrate in digitised form.
- After that, the District Magistrate will transmit it to the Nodal Department.
- Through the state portal, the Commissioner of KMC will recommend the names of qualified individuals to the Nodal Department.
- The pension will be approved by the Nodal Department.
- The payment will be made straight to the beneficiary’s bank account via the WBIFMS site.
- The state portal will be connected with WBIFMS to ensure a smooth flow of pension payments.
- The pension will be paid on the first of each month.
Joy Bangla Pension Scheme application procedure
- Go to the WB’s official website for Jai Bangla Pension Plan.
- After arriving at the homepage, select the West Bengal Bangla pension system registration option.
- Your screen will display the application form.
- This application form is also available at local government offices.
- Complete the application form.
- Print the application form and fill in the details such as beneficiary name, gender, DOB, age, father name, mother name, caste, and so on.
- Following that, attach the listed papers.
- You must submit your completed application form to the following offices based on your location.
- In the case of a rural applicant, submit to the Block Development Officer.
- The Sub-Divisional Officer if the applicant lives in a municipal/notified area outside the Kolkata Municipal Corporation area.
- The Commissioner of Kolkata Municipal Corporation if the applicant lives in an area under the jurisdiction of the Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
Joy Bangla Pension Scheme: What happens in case of death?
If an applicant for West Bengal’s pension programme dies before reaching the age of retirement, the following steps will be followed by the relevant authorities:
- The department shall take steps to halt pension payments upon the death of a pension applicant following sufficient verification of such information.
- In the event of the death of a pension recipient, the sum owed will be released to the nominee named on the application form.
Joy Bangla Pension Scheme: Points to remember
- Fill out the application form in block letters only with precise information.
- Remember to fill out the required columns.
- Only self-attested copies of the papers should be submitted.
- A passport-sized photograph must be attached to the application form.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org