[ecis2016.org] Gas subsidies are specifically given to people who require government assistance.
Two different methods are set in place to transfer the LPG subsidy amount to the consumer:
- Via Aadhaar card
- Without Aadhaar card
Note that LPG subsidy amount is always transferred to bank accounts. Gas subsidy is never given in cash from suppliers.
Who is eligible to get LPG gas subsidy in India?
Gas subsidies are specifically given to people who require government assistance. The eligibility criteria and people who can receive Gas subsidy benefits are:
- Women from SC and ST categories
- Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin)
- Women from backwards classes
- Under Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY)
- Tea and ex-tea garden tribes
- Forest dwellers
- Women living in islands and river islands,
- SECC households (AHL TIN),
- Poor households as per the 14-point declaration.
Note that applicants for Gas subsidy must be at least 18 years old.
If you have already received your Aadhar card but haven’t linked it with LPG, you can follow this process to do so. Here is the step-by-step guide to the various methods to link your Aadhaar to LPG:
First, you should visit the PAHAL website if you want to link your Aadhaar with LPG. There are three dedicated ways to link Aadhar cards for LPG subsidy. Here are the detailed processes for each of them:-
Navigate to http://petroleum.nic.in/dbt/sms.html and then look for the IVRS section. Remember to select your gas distributors among Indane Gas, HP Gas, and Bharat Gas. Next can visit the page of your distributor and connect to the number provided to complete the process.
|Steps||Indane Gas||Bharat Gas||HP Gas|
|1. Register your mobile number||Send an SMS in the following format: IOC < STD Code + the distributor’s telephone number> < Consumer Number >||Register your mobile number with your distributor||Send an SMS REG distributor telephone number with STD code without zero consumer number|
|2. Send SMS for submissions of Aadhar||UIDAadhaar number (UID123456789012)||UIDAadhaar number (UID123456789012)||UIDAadhaar number (UID123456789012)|
There are certain provisions to link your Aadhaar via postal services. You have to make a copy of your Aadhaar and provide all personal identification and address details like name, consumer number, mobile number, and address. Then you have to post these documents to your gas distributor. You can go to the http://petroleum.nic.in/dbt/post.html link to find all addresses of gas distributors.
Call Centre Linking
You can link your Aadhar card for gas subsidy by calling their helpline at 18002333555. A customer care executive will help you out in this process.
Process to get LPG Subsidy amount using your Aadhaar Card
If you have a valid Aadhaar card, you can link it to mylpg.in website. Here is the step-by-step process to avail of LPG subsidy money from www.mylpg.in:-
- Navigate to http://mylpg.in/index.aspx.
- Find the ‘Forms’ section and select the ‘PAHAL Joining Form’ option.
- Download and print the two-part application form displayed on the screen.
- Fill in the application form with all the required details and cross-check for errors.
- Submit one part of the form to your LPG distributor and the other part to your aadhar-linked bank account.
Process to get the LPG Subsidy without Aadhaar Card
People who do not have an Aadhar card or haven’t linked their Aadhar card with LPG have a different process of application. Here is the detailed guide on the alternate process:-
- Navigate to the http://mylpg.in/index.aspx website link.
- Find the ‘Forms’ tab and select the ‘PAHAL Joining Form’ option. You will see the application form displayed on your screen.
- Download this allocation form and print them out.
- People with no Aadhaar can leave out filling PART B of the form.
- Fill in all the other details in the form.
- Submit the relevant parts of the form to your bank and your LGP supplier.
Things to remember when filling out the LPG subsidy form
Before you submit the forms to your gas distributors and bank, keep in mind all these pointers:-
- Ensure that you have attached all the relevant documents such as a copy of your passbook, bank statement, a certificate from your distributor, bluebook, and cash memo which you would have received while booking a new gas connection.
- Make sure that all the details on your application form are correct. You can then submit the form to either your LPG distributor or your bank.
- You can just fill in a new form if the details provided are incorrect. Gas subsidy forms can be downloaded unlimited times from the mylpg.in website.
Step-by-step guide to check LPG subsidy status online
If you have already applied for a gas subsidy but haven’t received the payment yet, you can check the status of the transaction online. Here is the detailed step-by-step guide:-
- Navigate to http://mylpg.in/index.aspx.
- A box will be displayed where you have to enter your 17-digit LPG ID.
- Now, click on ‘Submit’.
- The LPG Subsidy Enrollment status will be displayed here.
For people who don’t know their LPG ID:-
- Select ‘Click here to know your LPG ID’.
- Select your gas distributor– Indane Gas, Bharat Gas, or HP Gas.
- You will then be directed to its official website page.
- You can find your LPG ID by doing either a quick search or a normal search.
Helpline numbers for LPG gas subsidy in India
Sometimes, people may have certain doubts about LPG gas subsidies. The process of procuring the subsidy and checking the status online is slightly complicated. To help people clear their confusion, the following helpline numbers are supplied to consumers:-
- LPG Helpline Number- 18002333555
- PAHAL Helpline Numbers- 18002333555
How much is the LPG subsidy in India?
The Finance Minister of India, Nirmala Sitharaman, has declared online that a gas subsidy of Rs 200 per gas cylinder (up to 12 cylinders) will be redistributed to people under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
How can I get a gas subsidy from my bank account?
Eligible people under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana can get a subsidy by linking their Aadhaar to their gas connection. After linking their aadhar across, they will be able to receive the money into their registered bank account.
What is the PAHAL scheme?
The PAHAL (DBTL) scheme prevents overcharging of gas cylinders. Under the PAHAL scheme, LPG cylinders are provided at market rates, and eligible consumers can get subsidy money directly into their bank accounts.
What happens if LPG subsidy is not received?
Gas subsidy amounts are deposited into a consumer’s bank account after a minimum period of 4 days. If the amount is not received, you can contact the toll-free number 18002333555. The representatives will help you know more about the status.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org