[ecis2016.org] Here’s the procedure for update or change mobile number in your Aadhar card.
The Government of India launched the Aadhaar services as a means to generate a unique identification number for all the citizens. Aadhaar cards are to be linked to a variety of documents and services in order to make the working of the departments easier as well as to bring services closer to the citizens.
You are reading: Updating mobile number in Aadhaar card
Read also : What is stock trading?
Mobile numbers need to be linked to the Aadhaar card. In case your mobile number is not registered with your Aadhaar card, you can do the same offline. If you wish to link the number offline, you can visit Aadhaar Seva Kendra. No documents need to be submitted while changing the mobile number. Only your Aadhaar card will be needed.
For all the updates that you make to your Aadhaar card, it is mandatory to update the mobile number since all the OTPs will be sent to the same.
Changing Mobile Number: Aadhaar card mobile number update
Currently, there is no provision for changing your mobile number online. Wondering how to change the mobile number in the Aadhaar card? Follow the steps below.
Read also : Impact analysis of RBI’s relaxation of risk weightage norms for home loans
If you wish to update the mobile number linked to your Aadhaar card for any reason, you must visit an Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
- Visit the Aadhaar Seva Kendra near you.
- Make sure that you carry your Aadhaar card with you while visiting.
- In case you do not wish to wait in a queue, make sure that you book an appointment online.
- Request the person in charge for the mobile number update.
- Once the same has been done, you will receive an Update Request Number (URN). This number will help you know about the update of your application.
- The fee for this service is Rs 50.
Phone number change in Aadhaar Card is mandatory to enjoy the services offered and to make any future updates. If you have not changed your mobile number in Aadhaar already, do it right away to avoid any future problems.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org
Category: Must Knows