[ecis2016.org] We look at some Vastu Shastra tips for placing a wall clock at home. Know the correct clock direction that brings good luck in the house.
The sound of a clock ticking away, has its own distinct melody and is also a constant reminder of how quickly time passes by. Today, wall clocks may not be as significant as they were before the advent of smartphones. Nevertheless, clocks still find a quiet corner and application as simple decorative pieces, in most homes.
You are reading: Wall clocks Vastu Shastra: How to improve the décor and positive energy of your home
While one can enhance the grandeur of the house with designer wall clocks, it is always crucial to follow Vastu Shastra principles, to ensure that the positive energy and harmony of your home remains undisturbed.
Wall clock direction as per Vastu Shastra
While moving to a new home or renovating your house, deciding on a spot for placing a wall clock, can be confusing. However, Vastu Shastra has the answer. One should be aware of the right wall clock direction as prescribed in Vastu to avoid any negative effects. Placing clocks in the directions recommended by Vastu, will attract positive energies, ensuring that your life goes on without any obstacles.
[ecis2016.org] How to get rid of negative energy at home
The best direction to place a wall clock is the north, which is ruled by Kubera, the god of wealth and prosperity. This placement will also keep all the financial difficulties in the family at bay.
[ecis2016.org] Vastu tips for north-facing homes
If it is not possible to position the clock in the north direction, you can keep the clock in the east direction. East is ruled by the king of gods and heaven, Indra and placing a clock on the east wall, will attract prosperity.
[ecis2016.org] Vastu tips for east-facing homes
You can also consider the west direction for the clock placement if you do not find a suitable place in the other recommended directions. The west direction is ruled by the lord of rain, Varun and signifies stability in life.
[ecis2016.org] Know about triangle plot Vastu
As per Vastu rules, you should avoid placing the wall clock in the south direction. Otherwise, it will have a negative impact on your family and finances. The reason is that this direction is not regarded as auspicious and is ruled by Yama, the lord of death.
Vastu for wall clock in bedroom
Read also : Tulsi plant Vastu Shastra tips for your home
When placing a wall clock in the bedroom, there are a few things to keep in mind. The clock position in the east direction is believed to bring positive effects. You can also keep it in the north direction, as an alternative. In case you sleep with your head pointing to the south, make sure the wall clock is placed on the north or east side. Clocks with reflective glass should not be placed in front of the bed or the bedroom door. Furthermore, the wall clock should be far away from the bed.
[ecis2016.org] Vastu tips for the bedroom
Vastu for wall clock in living room
The living room of a house is where a family spends most of the time together. As per Vastu, accessories should be kept in the right direction, so that they create a positive energy flow. So, if you are wondering where to put wall clock in living room, follow these tips. The ideal location for a wall clock in the living room is the north wall. North is the direction ruled by god of wealth, Kubera. So, this clock position is considered auspicious. You can also consider east, north-east and west, as alternatives.
- Wall clocks Vastu Shastra: How to improve the décor and positive energy of your home
- How to follow a Vastu chart?
- Vastu Shastra for irregular shaped plots
- North east corner Vastu remedies: How to correct Vastu doshas in the north east
- Bathroom and toilet direction as per Vastu: Useful Vastu tips for bathrooms and toilets
[ecis2016.org] Buddha statue for home Vastu tips
Which type of wall clock is good for home?
While you take care of the right clock position in the house, it is also essential to remember a few points regarding the clock designs recommended in Vastu Shastra. When selecting wall clocks for your home décor, make sure you pick simple designs. Here is a look at some of the wall clock designs for your home that will invite positive energies, according to Vastu Shastra:
1. Antique wall clocks / pendulum wall clocks: They have a classic appeal and its oscillation symbolises a good flow of energy, as per Vastu.
2. Circular wall clocks: The wall clock shape, according to Vastu, also has a significant impact on the house and its energies. Thus, choosing simple designs is recommended. Choose clocks that are round as it is the simplest shape that will help boost the overall positive energy of any space.
[ecis2016.org] Vastu tips for positive energy in home
3. Metallic wall clocks: The ideal direction to keep a metal wall clock or clocks with grey or white hues, is the north. So, a metal wall clock with circular shape, according to Vastu, can be the best option for your living room.
Read also : A complete guide to staircase Vastu for east-facing houses
4. Wooden wall clocks: Wooden wall clocks are suitable for the east wall of the room.
[ecis2016.org] Vastu and décor tips for name plates
Vastu tips for wall clock at home
- Avoid the clock position in south-east or south-west directions.
- The clock that you use represents your life. It is important to ensure that the clock is in good working condition, displaying the exact time.
- Ensure that the clock does not run behind the actual time. If necessary, one can adjust the clock time a few minutes ahead of the actual time.
- One can have a clock in the house that produces melodious music. Such sounds ensure positive flow of energy.
- Also, the clock should not be broken, or with cracks. Clean the timepiece regularly and keep it free from dust and cobwebs. Repairing or discarding clocks that have stopped working is equally important, to prevent any negative impact.
- Do not place the wall clock above the main door or outside the house. It should also not face any door in the house.
- The clock’s position should be at a suitable height, from where it can be seen easily. Do not keep it too low.
- Keeping a watch under a pillow is not recommended, as per Vastu Shastra.
- Choose the colour of wall clocks, depending on the direction where you are placing them. For example, if you have placed the clock in the east, north, or north-east directions, then, select yellow, brown and off-white shades.
- Clocks that reflect memories of bad times, poverty, etc., should not be kept in the house.
Is pendulum clock good for Vastu?
As per Vastu Shastra, placing a pendulum wall clock in the house is an excellent way to create a positive environment and eliminate problems in life. The ideal location to place the clock is the living or drawing room. According to Vastu experts, the clock should have a regular shape with round, square, oval or eight and six arms.
Wall clock colours as per Vastu Shastra
Make sure you select the colour for the wall clock, depending on where you choose to place it.
- Pick light colours for wall clocks at home, such as light grey, white, cream, parrot green or sky blue. It is better to avoid dark colours.
- If you are placing a clock on the north wall, then, pick metallic, grey, or white colours that are ideal for the direction.
- Choose wooden or similar shades, like dark green or brown, if you are placing the wall clock on the east wall.
Wall clock in office as per Vastu Shastra
The ideal direction to place a wall clock in an office space is the north or east direction. North direction represents career and wealth. So, a clock in this direction will help attract more business opportunities. Similarly, east represents education or work and family. Keeping a clock in this direction will boost the quality of work.
[ecis2016.org] 7 horses painting direction in home and Vastu Shastra tips for its placement
Effects of placing a wall clock in the south direction
Placing a wall clock in the south direction in the house is not recommended as per Vastu Shastra. The placement is not beneficial for the family since this direction denotes stagnation. The south direction is the direction of Yama, the god of death. Keeping a wall clock in south direction can result in health problems for the family members. It will also lead to obstacles in business.
Which direction is the best for wall clock?
As per Vastu, the north direction is the best place for a wall clock.
Where should the wall clock be in the living room?
You can keep the clock in the north direction in the living room. East and north-east directions can also be considered if it is not possible to place the clock in the north.
Can a wall clock be gifted?
Watches and wall clocks are common gift items. However, if you are presenting it to someone, it is important to follow certain Vastu guidelines. Do not gift a watch or wall clock to a person older than you as it denotes the passing of time.
Which direction should wall clock face?
Ideally, the direction in which a wall clock is placed is crucial to ensure they allow positive energy in the house. According to Vastu Shastra, keeping them in north or east is beneficial.
Which shape of clock is good for Vastu?
Choose regular shapes for wall clocks at home. As per Vastu Shastra, round shape is regarded good for wall clocks and ensures the flow of positive energies.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org