[ecis2016.org] Mentioned is a complete guide on all you need to know about HDFC credit card bill payment.
HDFC credit card payment options
There are two main ways to make your HDFC credit card payment, online or offline. The process for paying the bill will differ based on your choice of payment mode. All the online and offline bill payment options are discussed below.
HDFC credit card payment online
There are certain prerequisites to paying your HDFC credit card bill through net banking. Firstly, you need an HDFC bank account to use this payment mode. If you have it, you must link it with your credit card to use the net banking mode of bill payment for your credit card. These are the prerequisites; now, let’s see the steps needed to make the bill payment.
- Log in to the net banking portal of your HDFC bank account.
- Click on the “Credit Cards” option from your dashboard.
- Under the “Credit Cards” section, click on the “Transact” option.
- Select “Credit Card Payment” followed by “Select Card Payment Type” and click on Continue.
- On the next page, select “From account and the credit card number.”
- Lastly, select Last Statement Balance, Minimum Amount Due, or Other Amount to Continue and confirm your HDFC credit card bill payment through net banking mode.
Autopay HDFC credit card bill
The autopay feature allows your credit card to charge your HDFC bank savings account monthly for the outstanding amount. As you can imagine, you will need an HDFC bank savings account to set up the process. If you already have that, here are the steps to set up the autopay.
- Log in to your bank account through the net banking portal.
- Visit the cards section from your dashboard.
- Locate the credit card option and click on it. You will be able to see all your registered credit cards under this section.
- On the credit cards page, you will find the option for “Autopay Register” click on it.
- Fill up the details correctly on the following page and click “Continue” and “Confirm.” Once you click on “Confirm,” you will be greeted by an acknowledgement message on-screen letting you know that the Autopay Registration is complete.
You can also opt for Autopay registration through an offline process. Here are the steps for offline autopay registration.
- You have to download the autopay registration form from the official HDFC bank website from this link.
- Print out the form and duly fill out all the details.
- Then you have to mail the form to the following address:
HDFC Bank Cards Division
PO Box 8654, Thirucanmiyur,
PO, Chennai 600 041.
- Once your mail is successfully sent and received, your autopay facility will be started within seven days from the receipt of your mailed application.
Mobile banking application
Paying your credit card bills through your bank’s mobile banking applications is perhaps one of the easiest ways to pay your credit card bills. Simply ensure your bank account and credit cards are linked on your mobile banking application, and follow these simple steps.
- Login to your HDFC Mobile Banking Application on your phone.
- Click the “Pay” option from the home screen.
- Select the amount you want to pay based on your dues.
- Click on the complete payment option, and you are done clearing your credit card dues.
Paying credit card bills with mobile wallets and other payment systems
Paying your credit card bills through mobile wallets can be highly rewarding for you. You can be eligible for cashback and other offers for using these apps to pay your credit card bills. It is also easier to pay your bills through these apps, and the best part, they are just as safe as the HDFC bill desk. So, without delay, let’s look at the steps to pay your credit card bills with the most popular mobile wallet apps available currently.
- To start the process, open your PayTM app or log in to your profile from the website.
- Under the “Recharge & Bill Payments” option, locate and click on the “Credit Card Payment” option.
- On the next page, click on the “+ Pay another card.”
- Enter your credit card details on the next page, and you can even add a nickname to your card.
- Link your card, and now you will be able to pay your credit card bills through your PayTM account.
- Start by opening the Google Pay app on your phone.
- From the app’s homepage, locate and click the “Pay bills” option followed by the “Credit card bill payment” option.
- Choose HDFC Bank Credit Card from the available bank options.
- Once your bank is selected, enter your card details, you can even add nicknames to your card.
- Complete by clicking on the “Link Account” option.
- This concludes the linking process. Now you can pay your credit card bills using your Google Pay account easily at your convenience.
- To pay your credit card bills through MobiKwik, click on this link.
- Enter the card details and the billing amount when you visit the link.
- Click on the “Go” option to get started.
- Following that, you will be led through some simple steps. Follow the steps to complete your credit card bill payment easily through MobiKwik.
- Start by opening the PhonePe app on your mobile device.
- Locate and click on the “Recharge & Pay Bills” tab.
- Click on the “Credit Card Bill” option.
- Enter your HDFC credit card details and click “Confirm.”
- This process will link your credit card to your PhonePe account, which you can then use to pay your credit card bills whenever you want.
HDFC credit card bills: Benefits of paying online
Now that you know all the payment methods you can use to pay your credit card bills, you may wonder which payment mode is best for you. You should, in most cases, opt for online credit card bill payments. Why? Because they come with many benefits like:
- Paperless processing.
- Pay your bills from anywhere, anytime.
- You can even set up autopay features.
- Usually, it does not involve any processing fees.
HDFC credit card payment offline
There are several ways you can pay your HDFC credit card bills offline; here are all the ways you should know.
ATM fund transfer
One of the best features of this bill payment option is that it is available round the clock, and you can pay using your savings or current account. However, you should know that this payment method comes with a processing fee of Rs. 100 per transaction. Let’s look at the steps.
- Visit your nearest HDFC Bank ATM.
- Insert your HDFC Bank Debit Card into the card slot of the ATM.
- Click on the Credit Card Payment option on the machine.
- Follow the required steps as directed by the machine.
- Your credit card bill payment will be completed.
Even though this payment method comes with a hefty processing fee, you should know that using this method can be an excellent fail-safe for you. Often, net banking and other payment apps don’t work because of server issues. If you need to pay your bills urgently, you can use this method as it will work even if your bank’s net banking applications are not working.
- To pay by cheque, you have to write/issue a cheque to HDFC Bank and enter your 16-digit credit card number on the cheque, along with all the other details.
- Go to your nearest HDFC Bank ATM or branch and drop the cheque in the dedicated cheque drop box.
- Once you have dropped your cheque, it should take around three days for your bill to be paid.
Over the counter
You must pay your bill in cash to use this payment method. The steps are:
- Locate and visit your nearest HDFC Bank branch.
- You can pay your HDFC credit card bill in cash at the branch by navigating to the dedicated department.
- This mode of bill payment will cost you a 100 Rs processing fee per transaction.
NEFT at HDFC branch
To use this mode of payment, here are the steps:
- Visit your nearest HDFC Bank branch.
- Request for NEFT transfer for your bill payment.
- Use the IFSC code HDFC0000128.
- Your bill payment will be successfully processed.
[ecis2016.org] Know about HDFC IFSC code
HDFC credit card payment for non-HDFC account holders
If you don’t have a savings or current account with HDFC bank but use their credit card, you can pay your bills using the following steps.
- Visit this link.
- Enter your card details on the page and enter the amount you are paying.
- Choose your transaction mode on the following page and click “PAY.”
- Log in to your chosen payment mode and enter the necessary details to complete the payment.
- Once your payment is complete, you will be redirected back to the HDFC bank portal, where you will see a transaction confirmation and also a reference number attached to your transaction.
- You will also get an email confirming your bill payment.
Processing time For HDFC credit card payment online on various payment methods
|Mode of Payment||Processing Time For The Payment|
|NEFT||24-48 Hours (only on business days)|
|Autopay||Within 48 hours or 2 working days|
|HDFC Bank Net Banking||Within 48 hours or 2 working days|
|Cheque Payment||Up to 3 working days|
|HDFC Bank Mobile Banking||Within 48 hours or 2 working days|
|Visa Money Transfer||Up to 2 working days|
|Non-HDFC Net Banking||Up to 2 working days|
|BillDesk||Up to 3 working days|
|Non-HDFC Mobile Banking||Within 72 hours or 3 working days|
|Real Time Gross Settlement||Instant|
|Paytm||Up to 3 working days|
HDFC credit card: Late payment charges
|Amount||Late Payment Charges|
|Less than Rs. 100||No charges|
|Rs. 100 to 500||Rs. 100|
|Rs. 501 to 5,000||Rs. 500|
|Rs. 5,001 to 10,000||Rs. 600|
|Rs. 10,001 to 25,000||Rs. 800|
|Rs. 25,001 to 50,000||Rs. 1,100|
|Over Rs. 50,000||Rs. 1,300|
Check out: Baroda Uttar Pradesh Gramin Bank IFSC Code
What is the minimum payable amount for your HDFC credit card?
The minimum payable amount is Rs. 200 or 5% of the outstanding amount, whichever is higher.
How can you know your credit card bill for the month?
You can find your bill amount on the bank’s net banking portal. You will also receive emails containing a detailed credit card bill every month.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org