[ecis2016.org] Passport Online: How to Login on Passport Seva, Apply & Renew Passport
A passport is an official document that serves as proof of citizenship and permits international travel. Whether you are travelling for a vacation, or attending meetings or conducting business, you require a passport to enter foreign lands.
You are reading: Passport online application and renewal explained
A passport serves multiple purposes. It acts as an identity and nationality proof. It can also be used as a proof of date of birth and address and can be submitted or used for many official purposes.
Types of Indian Passports and their validity
The Indian passport is valid for 10 years. The date of issue and date of expiration are both mentioned in the passport. The passport contains 36 or 60 pages, on an average.
[ecis2016.org] All about UIDAI and Aadhaar
The various types of Indian passports are:
- Regular passport
- Diplomatic passport
- Official passport
Just getting your passport made does not guarantee entry into foreign lands. You will have to apply for a visa from the respective countries, for that purpose. Nevertheless, it is important that you keep your passport updated and renewed. Passport online portals have made this job radically easier.
Documents required for passport renewal
The following documents will be required during the passport renewal process.
- Old passport
- Self-attested copy of the first and last two pages of the passport
- Self-attested copy of ECR/ECNR pages of passport
- Self-attested copy of validity extension page, if any.
- Self-attested copy of page of observation, if any.
What is the passport renewal process
Indian nationals get two modes for renewal of passports-offline and online. With the internet and technology reaching almost every household, the online method has become accessible to many. Our busy lifestyles make it tough for us to make time for these tasks, and as a result, the online mode has become increasingly popular.
[ecis2016.org] Your complete guide to PAN card uses and application process
Passport Seva portal registration process
Step 1: Visit the official Passport Seva website- https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink/
Step 2: Click on ‘New User Registration’.
Step 3: Now, select your respective passport office. Then, enter your details as required.
Step 4: Create a login ID and password. Select your hint question and enter the answer for it. Verify the details and click on ‘Register’.
Step 5: Go to your email account and activate your account through the activation link received.
Your account is now created. You can now go ahead and renew your passport.
[ecis2016.org] All about UDID card
Procedure for online passport application
Follow the instructions below for online passport apply:
Step 1: Login to the passport seva online portal to apply for passport online- https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink/ and click on ‘Existing User Login’.
Read also : How to identify AO code for PAN card?
Step 2: Once you have logged in, click on Apply for Fresh Passport/ Re-issue of passport. Enter all required details and the passport details to be renewed if you are applying for renewal. Check all details thoroughly as they cannot be changed after submission and then submit the details.
Step 3: Click on ‘View Submitted Application’ and schedule an appointment.
Step 4: Make the required payment through online means.
If you do not know how to go about the process or haven’t activated your internet banking portal, you may pay through challan at any SBI branch, but it will take two days to verify your payment.
Step 5: After the above process to apply for passport is complete, click on ‘Print Application Receipt’ to get a copy of your application and your application reference number.
If you cannot access a printer, visit the Passport Seva Kendra and show the SMS as proof of appointment.
Procedure for diplomatic passport application
A diplomatic password is used by government officials who have to travel abroad for various work-related purposes and have been deputed to do so by the government. Applications for diplomatic passports are entertained by the office at Patiala House, Delhi.
- Open the official website, and do your registration.
- You will get a registration ID that can be used for logging in to the portal.
- Then click on ‘Apply for Diplomatic Passport’.
- A form opens up, fill in the form with the required details and click on ‘Submit’.
- Take a printout of the form and take it to the head office at Patiala House, Delhi for verification, along with the documents required.
Passport Seva Kendra: Scheduling an appointment
- On the pay and schedule appointment page, select the PSK nearest to your location.
- Choose a convenient slot.
- Confirm the slot by entering the captcha code.
- Choose pay and schedule an appointment.
- Relevant details will be displayed on the page.
- Schedule the appointment and make the payment according to the gateway selected.
Passport application appointment: Points to keep in mind
Here are some points that you must remember to make sure that your visit to the passport office is worthwhile.
- Reach the passport office at least 15 minutes in advance.
- Make sure you carry all the required documents.
- Follow what the officer tells you and obey the instructions.
This will help you save time and effort while visiting the passport office. After the process is done, you can log in to the portal anytime and check the status of your application there.
E-Passports: A new beginning
Announced in 2019, they will be implemented in 2022-23. The features would be:
- They will take just a few seconds to read.
- They will have thick front and back covers.
- The back cover will also have a silicon chip.
- The chip will have 64 kilobytes of memory space.
- The holder’s fingerprints will be stored in the chip.
- It will have the capacity to store up to 30 visits.
The prototype of this passport has already been tested in a US-Government certified laboratory. It will revolutionise travel, once it comes into existence, making travel easier and more convenient.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org