[ecis2016.org] The Smart Ration Card 2022 replaces people’s regular ration, which is used to buy food items and other provisions that the government subsidises for the families of economically weaker sections of the society.
The Food Supply Department has made all the preparations for making Smart Ration Cards in Uttarakhand. The tender for the same will be issued within a week. Using this smart card, Uttarakhand ration cardholders will not have any problem getting government rations from any cheap ration shop. On renewing the old card, they will receive the brand new Smart Ration Card 2022.
You are reading: Smart Ration Card 2022: Application, verification and tentative date
Importance of ration cards
A ration card is an important document for all low-income families. Rations cards will help them purchase food items like rice, wheat, sugar, oil, kerosene, etc., sent by the government to the government ration shop at concessional rates. Ration Cards also work as an identity document.
There are three types of ration cards:-
- APL ration card
- BPL ration card
- AAY ration card
What is the Uttarakhand smart ration card?
The Smart Ration Card 2022 replaces people’s regular ration, which is used to buy food items and other provisions that the government subsidises for the families of economically weaker sections of the society. Through the Uttarakhand Smart Ration Card 2022, low-income people can get all basic daily living provisions.
Smart ration cards can be a very good opportunity for more than 23 lakh ration card holders of Uttarakhand state who can now renew their ration card and get the latest Smart Ration Card 2022. Individuals belonging to economically weaker sections of society will be able to get government benefits by using this smart ration card.
Why should I have the Uttarakhand smart ration card 2022?
Digital smart ration cards can stop the problems of black marketing in the state. This Uttarakhand Smart Ration Card 2022 will have a QR-coded card, with the help of which the consumer can easily get cheap rations from dedicated shops. Smart ration cards are a step towards progress and a digitised Uttarakhand. Low-income families in the state will find some relief by using smart ration cards.
Key facts of smart ration card 2022
- By availing of the Smart Ration Card, all the ration cardholders of Uttarakhand can enjoy the various benefits and facilities of a computerised public distribution system.
- All Smart ration cards will be linked with the Aadhar cards of recipients. This will, in turn, prevent fraud in cheap ration distribution.
- This card will have a QR code which will help cardholders to receive rations that can be taken at concessional rates.
- With the Smart Ration Card, it will be known whether the eligible consumer has taken the ration or not.
Required documents for smart ration card 2022
- Aadhaar Card
- Identity card
- Residence certificate
- Mobile number
- Passport size photo
Online application process for Uttarakhand smart ration card
People from Uttarakhand, who are interested in applying for a ration card should follow the steps given below:
- First, navigate to the official website of the Food Supplies Department. The official website will show you the home page with various options.
- On the home page, you will find the option of Downloads. You have to click on this option to go to the next page.
- On this page, you have to click on the option of Ration Card Application Form. After clicking on the option, Application Form PDF will be displayed.
- After that, you can download this application form PDF. After downloading the application form, you have to fill in all the information asked in the application.
- After filling in all the information, you have to submit the application form to your nearest food supply department office.
Status of verifications at present
Read also : How to obtain a PAN card: offline and online?
At present, about 90 per cent of consumers of 50 ration card dealers have been verified for smart ration cards. There are 100 other ration dealers with verification done for more than 80 percent of consumers. The next 500 ration dealers have also been digitally registered. The work of printing smart cards will be started as soon as orders are received from the government. After the smart cards are printed, they will be distributed to all the ration cardholders. These smart cards will cost only Rs 50.
Department of Food and Civil Supply,
Government Of Uttarakhand
Chief Secretary Building
4, Subhash Road, Dehradun – 248001
Email : secy-fcs-ua[at]nic.in
Commissioner, Food and Civil Supply
Directorate of Food and Civil Supply, Uttarakhand
Khadya Bhawan, Mussoorie Bypass Ring Road (Ladpur) Dehradun
Telephone No. : 0135-2780765
Email : comm-fcs-uk[at]nic.in
Controller Legal Metrology, Uttarakhand
Read also : Updating mobile number in Aadhaar card
Department of Food and Civil Supply
15, Gandhi Road
Dehradun – 248001
Telephone / Fax No. : 0135-2653159
Email : legalmetuk[at]gmail.com
State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission
176, Ajabpur Kalan (Near Spring Hills School)
Mothrowala Road, Dehradun – 248121
Telephone (O) : 0135-2669719
Fax : 0135-2669719
Email : scdrc-uk[at]nic.in
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org
Category: Must Knows