[ecis2016.org] Explained in this article is the procedure for Passport Registration on the official Passport Seva portal.
Passports are essential travel documents for those travelling abroad for education, pilgrimage, tourism, business, medical care or family visits. Passports and related services have seen a significant increase in demand in recent years due to the expanding economy and globalisation. This increased demand led to the launch of the Passport Seva Project (PSP) in May 2010 by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
You are reading: What is the passport online login and registration process?
Passport Seva provides simple, efficient, and transparent services for the delivery of passports and related documents. In this project, the government has created a countrywide networked environment for staff and integrated with the state police for physical verification of credentials and with India Post for passport delivery.
The process of registering for a passport and obtaining a login has been simplified since the online facility was introduced. By following the procedures below, you will be able to complete the entire procedure within a few minutes.
Passport Registration procedure
Step 1: Register online at Passport Seva.
Step 2: Click on the “New User Registration” link on the Home Page.
Read also : GST state code list and jurisdiction
Step 3: On the next page, fill out the displayed form. The default option selected is Passport Office. However, if you want to apply for a diplomatic/ official passport at the consular, select the CPV Delhi radio button.
Step 4: Enter the given captcha.
Step 5: Now, click the Register button.
Step 6: On the “View Saved/Submitted Applications” screen, click the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link to schedule an appointment.
PSK/POPSK/PO now requires online payment for appointment booking.
Payments can be made online using the following methods:
- Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard and Visa)
- Internet Banking (State Bank of India (SBI) Associate Banks and Other Banks)
- SBI Bank Challan
Read also : PF balance check: A step-wise guide for EPF balance check
Step 7: You can print the application receipt with the Application Reference Number (ARN)/Appointment Number by clicking the “Print Application Receipt” link.
Printing out the application receipt is no longer required. During your visit to the Passport Office, you may also present an SMS with the appointment details.
Step 8: Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/Regional Passport Office (RPO), where you have an appointment. Bring your original documents with you.
- 10 smart tips on how to choose a right lender for housing finance
- Didi Ke Bolo portal: Purpose, advantages and procedure
- IT Tribunal rejects tax payer’s HRA claim on rent paid to mother: An analysis
- Don’t bank on pre-approved home loans alone, for due diligence!
- Simple interest calculator: Formula and calculation
Passport Login procedure
You can proceed to the next step after completing the registration process.
- Step 1: Access the Passport Seva portal at www.passportindia.gov.in.
- Step 2: Select “Existing User Login,” the green button. Login.
- Step 3: Enter your ID and click “Continue.”
- Step 4: You can now apply online for a passport. Forms must be filled out, fees paid, appointments scheduled, and original documents presented.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org
Category: Must Knows