[ecis2016.org] The Delhi-headquartered body is responsible for providing housing to central government employees across India
The Central Government Employees Welfare Housing Organisation (CGEWHO), under the union Housing Ministry, is responsible for providing quality housing to central government employees. Established to promote, control and coordinate the development of houses at select places across India, the organisation is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
The New Delhi-headquartered body maintains project teams at construction sites, which look after the day-to-day construction and development operations. The CGEWHO undertakes social welfare schemes on a no-profit-no-loss basis, for central government employees, by promoting the construction of houses and providing all possible inputs to achieve this objective.
[ecis2016.org] GPRA Delhi: How to apply through E-Sampada
Key responsibilities of the CGEWHO
Key responsibilities of the CGEWHO include:
- Purchase of land.
- Allotment of land through central/ state government bodies and formation of land banks.
- Formulation of self-financing housing schemes at various locations on a no-profit-no-loss basis.
- Planning housing schemes and conducting surveys to assess demand.
- Announcement, implementation, monitoring and progresses of housing complexes.
- Reviewing the progress of projects and taking corrective actions, when necessary.
- Allotment / handing over of houses/ flats to the beneficiaries.
- Handing over the common services in housing schemes.
- Formation of apartment owners associations, to look after the upkeep and maintenance of the complex.
- Facilitating the registration of title deed in favour of the beneficiaries/ co-owners.
[ecis2016.org] All about DDA housing scheme
The organisation has, so far, developed 24 projects across the major cities of India, including Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Chennai, Jaipur, Kolkata, Gurgaon, Mohali, Lucknow, Navi Mumbai, Hyderabad, Noida, Panchkula and Pune.
The body has so far built a total of 8,386 dwelling units. In its ongoing housing schemes at Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Panchkula and Noida, it is building over 3,745 dwelling units.
[ecis2016.org] All about GPRA full form and esampada
How to apply for CGEWHO flats?
Eligible buyers can obtain the brochure of the housing scheme online, as well as offline, at the Delhi address. Either way, you will have to pay Rs 100 towards the cost of the brochure.
Documents needed for CGEWHO application
- Duly signed and notarised affidavit.
- Attested copies of the latest pay slip for working employees or copies of PPO for retired employees or spouses of deceased employees.
- Demand draft of requisite EMD, plus application fees and an additional cost towards the CGEWHO rules brochure, in case the applicant is using the downloaded form.
Types of units available in CGEWHO housing schemes
|Type of dwelling unit (DU) / flat||Application fee in Rs||Earnest deposit in Rs||Total in Rs|
CGEWHO housing schemes that are currently open for subscription
Kendriya Vihar, Noida
Kendriya Vihar, Mohali Phase-II
Kendriya Vihar, Chennai Phase-III
Kendriya Vihar, Pune Phase-III
Kendriya Vihar, Lucknow Phase-I
Kendriya Vihar, Bhubaneswar Phase-I
CGEWHO contact information
Central Government Employees Welfare Housing Organisation, A Wing, 6th floor, Janpath Bhawan,
Janpath, New Delhi – 110 001
Read also : Sector 62 Property Market: Overview
Telephone numbers: 011-23717249, 011-23739722 and 011-23355408
Telefax number: 011-23717250
Central Government Employees Welfare Housing Organisation,
`A’ Wing, 6th floor, Janpath Bhawan, Janpath New Delhi – 110001,
Telephone numbers: 011 23717249, 011-23739722, 011-23355408
Telefax number: 011 23717250,
Where is the head office of the Central Government Employees Welfare Housing Organisation located?
The head office of the Central Government Employees Welfare Housing Organisation is at Janpath, New Delhi.
In which year was the Central Government Employees Welfare Housing Organisation established?
The Central Government Employees Welfare Housing Organisation was established in 1990.
Where can I get information about CGEWHO flats?
You can check the official portal at https://www.cgewho.in/
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org