[ecis2016.org] Guindy is one of the rapidly-developing areas of Chennai and is located very close to the industrial zones and IT parks of Chennai. The area has good civic amenities and is very well-connected to the other parts of the city
Guindy is a premier residential area, located in the south-western part of Chennai. Nearby Guindy localities include many famous areas of the city of Chennai, such as the international airport, St Thomas Mount, Nanganallur, Tirusulam, Maddipakkam, etc. The Guindy National Park is also located in the area. A variety of projects are available in the Guindy real estate market, ranging from affordable to luxury housing. There are a lot of reputed builders like the Navin Housing, Sreenivas Housing and Siddhartha, who are working on different projects in Guindy. Some of the premier projects in Guindy include Navin Housing Rajamani, Olympia Park Residence and Doshi Deepanjali.
You are reading: Guindy property market: An overview
The area lies in close proximity to the IT hubs of Chennai. As a result, there has been a surge in the demand for residential apartments in Guindy. Though the prices of the flats in Guindy are going up at a rapid pace, still, affordable housing for the mid and the junior-level executives of the various companies, can be found here.
Guindy has been brought under the purview of the Corporation of Chennai and the plans for a number of infrastructure projects have been drawn up. The civic amenities have also improved. The industrial growth and the growth of the IT sector, have also led to the development of retail and hospitality sectors in the area.
Connectivity with nearby Guindy localities
- There are a few major roads which run through the area – the MKN Road, Grand Southern Trunk Road, Inner Ring Road and the Velachery Main Road.
- The area has an extensive bus service and the Guindy Bus Stand, the Adambakkam Bus Stand and the Chrompet Bus Stand, lie in close vicinity.
- Guindy has its own railway station. Apart from that, there is a railway station at Tambaram, from which the railway services can also be availed. The railway station is approximately about 15 kilometres from Guindy.
- The Alandur Metro Station and the St Thomas Mount Metro Station lie at a close proximity.
- The international airport is also located nearby.
Employment hubs near Guindy
- The MPL Towers is located approximately 10 kilometres from the area.
- Bahwan Cyber Tek IT Park is located approximately 11 kilometres from the area.
- ASV Suntech Park and the Prince Infocity are approximately 9 kilometres away.
- Shapoorji Pallonji Infocity and the Olympia Tech Park are located approximately 4-5 kilometres away from the area.
Guindy offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in Guindy include the Modern Senior Secondary School, Rosary Matriculation Higher Secondary School and New Prince Matriculation Higher Secondary School. Some of the leading hospitals in Guindy include the Vijay Hospital, Miot Hospital and BM Hospital. The shopping needs of the residents are catered by malls in Guindy such as Phoenix Market City, Forum Vijaya Mall, Matrix Mall, etc.
Price trends in Guindy
- Price appreciation – around 63% in the last one year.
- Current property rates – Rs 5,879-10,156 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Guindy
Read also : What is the right age to buy a home?
Considering the price trends in Guindy and the rising demand, the locality should prove to be a good investment. There is excellent appreciation of property rates, owing to a number of projects that are being developed. Moreover, the area is located at a very close proximity to the IT parks and the industrial zones of Chennai. The Chennai City Corporation has taken over the administration of the area. Hence, the scope for further development of infrastructure, is also there. Considering all these factors Guindy is an excellent place for investment.
Check properties in Guindy
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org