[ecis2016.org] Krishnarajapuram or KR Puram, has been offering decent annual returns and has more than 50-60 real estate projects under construction, at present. It is a prime locality, in very heart of the city and makes for a coveted residential destination
The KR Puram real estate market has witnessed a significant surge in demand, owing to the easy accessibility of this place to the IT hubs located in Whitefield and ORR and that fact that it has been officially inducted into the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike. Ever since the IT boom occurred during the 1990s, KR Puram has witnessed a massive transformation. The locality lies in the heart of the city and connectivity is its major USP.
You are reading: KR Puram property market: An overview
The area is just 15 kilometres away from the Bangalore City railway station while the Old Madras Road is nearby.
The area is the headquarters of the Bengaluru east taluk and is home to several government offices, as well. The Vengayyana Lake is located nearby, along with the Yelemallappa Shetty Lake, which is located close to Medahalli. The area is known for its famous weekly market, for local produce. The Mahabaleshwara and Rama temple complex, is a major landmark here, along with the Kashi Vishweshwara and Kote Venkataramana temples. The area is also home to the well-known St Anthony’s Roman Catholic Church.
It is now a very cosmopolitan neighborhood, with mostly IT professionals seeking to buy flats in KR Puram. Although there is a wide variety of options when it comes to buying apartments in KR Puram, 2 and 3-BHK homes are mostly preferred here.
While this locality is a good bet for affordable and mid-range real estate investments, the adjoining areas like ORR corridor, Whitefield and Bengaluru Central, cater mostly to the upper range of the realty market. Due to the establishment of major IT parks in the, city along with access to all social infrastructure, KR Puram offers better scope for appreciation than nearby KR Puram localities.
Connectivity with nearby KR Puram localities
- KR Puram is located at the junction of the Old Madras Road and the Outer Ring Road, on NH-75.
- Excellently-connected to the rest of Bengaluru, via NH-4, SH-35 and ORR, which cross this neighbourhood.
- Bangalore City Railway Station is 14 kilometres away from here.
- KR Puram is located 37 kilometres away from the Kempegowda International Airport.
- The nearest Namma Metro station is 4 kilometres away at Byappanahalli.
Employment hubs near KR Puram
- Embassy Manyata Business Park – 13.6 kilometres via NH-75.
- Koramangala – 21.2 kilometres via NH-44.
- International Tech Park (ITPB) – 11.3 kilometres via Whitefield Main Road.
- KIADB Industrial Area – 27 kilometres.
- Bagmane Tech Park – 7.6 kilometres via NH-75.
- Whitefield – 14.7 kilometres via Whitefield Main Road.
- Wipro Corporate Office – 12.1 kilometres via Swami Vivekanand Road.
Leading schools in KR Puram include the Cambridge School and Amara Jyothi Public School. There are world-class hospitals in KR Puram like KR Puram Super Speciality Hospital and Sri Ram Hospital. Popular shopping malls in KR Puram include the Gopalan Signature Mall and Orion Mall, to name a few.
Upcoming physical infrastructure in KR Puram
- The expansion of the second phase of the Namma Metro, will also include KR Puram.
- An east-west corridor which is 19.7 kilometres in length, from KR Puram to Goraguntepalya, has been proposed to ease current traffic conditions.
- Quadrupling of the Bengaluru City to KR Puram and Whitefield railway line, has been proposed.
Price trends in KR Puram
- Price appreciation – 12%-15% over the last couple of years.
- Current property rates – Rs 2,976-4,798 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in KR Puram
The present rates are competitive, with housing choices to suit all budgets. Taking into consideration the current price trends in KR Puram and all the other factors, it is certain that demand will increase in the near future. Connectivity is the major USP of the area, along with decent social infrastructure. The only problem is rampant traffic snarls and congestion in peak hours. However, this is one of the best localities to invest in.
Check properties in KR Puram
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org