Land pooling: Authority nod for DDA role as facilitator, planner

[] The Delhi Development Authority, in a meeting chaired by Lt Governor Anil Baijal, has approved a proposal to limit the Authority’s role, to that of a facilitator and planner in the land pooling policy

The highest decision-making body of the Delhi Development Authority (DDA), on December 21, 2017, approved simplification of the land pooling policy in the national capital and the urban body’s role as being a facilitator and planner only. The DDA decided this in its meeting held under the chairmanship of Lt Governor Anil Baijal at the Raj Niwas. Incidentally, Baijal and union urban affairs minister Hardeep Puri, had taken a decision to this effect in October 2017.

You are reading: Land pooling: Authority nod for DDA role as facilitator, planner

This effectively means that the transfer of pooled land to the DDA, will not be required. Originally, the land pooled under the policy was to be transferred to the DDA, which would act as the developer entity and undertake further sectoral planning and development of infrastructure on the land pooled.

Read also : Metro essential, people should compromise during construction: Bombay HC

“The DDA will now act as a facilitator, regulator and planner. The revision of Zonal Development Plans will be undertaken, for effective implementation of the policy and delineation of sector boundaries. Minimum 70 per cent contiguous land pooled within a sector, will be eligible for processing under the policy. Differential land return has been replaced with uniform division of land to respective land owners on a 60:40 basis,” the DDA said in a statement.

It said the developer entity or consortium will retain 60 per cent of the pooled land and hold the remaining 40 per cent on behalf of the DDA, to be surrendered (free of encumbrances) as and when required, to the DDA or service providing agencies for development. This policy covers the urbanisable areas of urban extensions, wherein, 95 villages have already been included in the development area of the DDA.

[] Land pooling policy: DDA’s role limited to facilitator, planner

Read also : Haryana cabinet okays one-time relief to unauthorised constructions

“In order to promote affordable and inclusive housing, 15 per cent over and above the permissible FAR (floor area ratio) has also been allowed, for EWS or affordable housing. The Land Pooling Policy will be a key input in the economic, social and civic development of the city and is likely to generate immense investment opportunities and trigger a boost in the economy,” it said.

A draft policy, on enabling planned development of privately-owned lands, was also proposed as an instrument for the DDA to integrate land parcels, neither covered under Land Pooling Policy nor acquired by the DDA (for planning and development process) for the overall development of Delhi, through spatial planning and facilitation of basic infrastructure and services, it said.

Copyright belongs to:

Category: Lifestyle

Debora Berti

Università degli Studi di Firenze, IT

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button