[ecis2016.org] GSTR3B is used to file returns, declaring the summary of GST liabilities for a particular tax period.
What is GSTR3B?
GSTR3B is a self-declaration return form, summarising the GST liabilities for a particular tax period. A taxpayer should file Form GSTR-3B returns for every tax period.
Filing of GSTR 3B is necessary even if there is no tax liability for a period. The GST3B form should be electronically filled on the official GST portal. Moreover, a different Form GSTR3B must be filed for every GSTIN.
Who should file GSTR 3B?
- Taxpayers registered under composition scheme
- Input service distributor
- Non-resident Indians
- Those deducting tax at source
- Those collecting tax at source
[ecis2016.org] All about GST on real estate
GSTR 3B filing frequency
Form GSTR 3B can be filed on a monthly or quarterly basis, as applicable.
GSTR 3B due dates
GSTR 3B due dates differ based on the GST return filing period.
- For those filing their GST returns monthly, GSTR3B due date is the 20th day of the month following the month for which the return should be filed.
- For those filing their GST return quarterly, GSTR3B due date is 22nd and 24th day of the month, following the quarter for which the returns should be filed.
Note: The government can extend GSTR3B due dates via notification, as and when required.
[ecis2016.org] How to perform GST registration online
Late fee for GSTR 3B
Taxpayers, who fail to file the GSTR 3B within the stipulated time, would be asked to submit the following late fees:
Taxpayers with no GST liability: Rs. 20 per day
Other taxpayers: Rs. 50 per day
Besides this, they will also have to pay an interest of 18% on the outstanding amount.
Details to be filled in GSRT 3B
- Outward taxable supplies
- Zero-rated outward taxable supplies
- Other outward supplies (nil rated, exempt)
- Inward supplies (liable to reverse charge)
- Non-GST outward supplies
- Eligible ITC
- ITC available (whether in full or part)
- ITC reversed
- Net ITC available
- Ineligible ITC
- Values of exempt, nil rated and non-GST inward supplies
- Payment of tax
- Interest and late fee payable
[ecis2016.org] What is Form GSTR 1 and who is required to file it?
Corrections in GSTR 3B
Although making any corrections in GSTR3B is not possible once it is filed, you can make revisions in the subsequent period while filing the form.
GSTR 3B format
Click here for a GSTR 3B sample in excel format.
Who should file GSTR 3B?
All regular taxpayers and casual taxpayers should file GSTR 3B.
Is filing GSTR 3B mandatory even if there is no business in a particular tax period?
Yes, filing of GSTR 3B is must for all regular and casual taxpayers even if there is no business in a particular tax period.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org