[ecis2016.org] If you are looking to renovate your kitchen, here are some modular kitchen designs for small kitchens and large kitchens, no matter what shape it is
Home owners who plan to remodel their kitchens, are likely to have skimmed through a number of magazines and online websites, to shortlist several kitchen design India suited ideas for their homes. However, this may not be all that easy, as sometimes, the Indian kitchen design may exceed your budget, while some best kitchen designs may not fit the shape of your kitchen. Sometimes, a kitchen setup that you like may not be liked by others in the family. With so many factors to be kept in mind, we suggest five kitchen designs, to help you make a decision.
You are reading: Modular kitchen designs for small kitchens and large homes
Kitchen design ideas for small homes
For most people who are living in big cities and paying huge EMIs, to own a property somewhere near the centre of the city, a 700-1,000 sq ft property is all that they call home. Best kitchen design ideas from fancy architecture magazines may not suit such home owners. Here’s what you consider while planning and designing your Indian kitchen:
- Understand whether you need to explore modular kitchen designs for small kitchens or a traditional Indian kitchen design, or a mix of both.
Modular kitchen | Source: Unsplash
Semi-modular kitchen | Source: Unsplash
[ecis2016.org] A guide to choosing kitchen tiles for your home
- Ensure that there are enough shelves and storage space, to accommodate all that your Indian kitchen holds.
Source: Naomi Hebert for Unsplash
- Keep in mind that in a modern kitchen design in India or even a traditional Indian kitchen design, every little item requires a designated space, or else it will end up on your kitchen counter and other odd places.
Source: Edgar Castrejon for Unsplash
- In your Indian kitchen design, know where you are going to keep the wet waste and allot a dedicated space for it.
Read also : Grill design: Window grill design for your home
Source: Fred Kleber for Unsplash
- A loft may be a good idea in your Indian kitchen design, to hold and store utensils that you do not use regularly.
Source: Ionut Vlad for Unsplash
- When exploring kitchen design ideas India, decide whether you would prefer a double-bowl washbasin or a single basin.
- A best kitchen can be both open or closed format. So, what suits your kitchen in India?
- The quick cheat code for designing your teenager’s bedroom
- 7 Front balcony designs to get inspired from
- House number 2 in numerology: Meaning of number 2 house
- 10 Curtain colour combination to dress up your cream colour walls
- Actor Dilip Joshi Mumbai home: A sneak-peek into the house of Jethalal of Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashma
Open kitchens | Source: Francesca Tosolini for Unsplash
Closed kitchen | Source: Homelane
- Know which direction your kitchen platform design in Indian style is the best as per Vastu
In India, Vastu Shastra holds great significance. Kitchen designs should ideally be in the south-east direction of your home. If this is not possible, the north-west direction should also work.
Source: Rune Enstad for Unsplash
- Once you have figured out the above, make a mental picture of how to go about making the best kitchen design.
[ecis2016.org] How to pick an ideal kitchen sink for your home
Kitchen design ideas for large homes
If you have a big home, you might not have to struggle with space. However, this does not mean that the process of selecting a kitchen design India will be free of confusion. Here are some tips and tricks to keep in mind so that you can choose the best kitchen design.
Best kitchen designs for a square-shaped kitchens
You could place a table in the kitchen with seating space (or even your dining table) to make use of the ample space in the Indian kitchen.
Best kitchen designs for rectangular kitchens
Some kitchen setup do not have the benefit of space on all sides. Resultantly, you will have to make do with the length that is available. While the distance between your stove and the working area may not be ample, you could designate space for everything a kitchen platform design in Indian style has and thus, convert the limitations of a rectangular space into something that truly works for you. Use the length of the kitchen setup to spread the shelves and opt for a best kitchen design that does not look too heavy on one side.
Source: Jason Pofahl for Unsplash
Best kitchen design ideas for large, open-format kitchens
There is a lot you can do with large spaces. Use the space to create a comfortable ambience. Opt for a kitchen design idea that lets you walk about, without bumping into things and furniture. Use accessories that are kitchen-specific and do not go overboard while doing your modern design kitchen in India.
Source: Jason Briscoe for Unsplash
Best kitchen design ideas for large, closed-format kitchens
A closed kitchen is not a problem if there is ample space for everything. In fact, it will help you to maintain the privacy of kitchen setup.
Source: Fran Hogan for Unsplash
What is the best kitchen design for small homes?
A utilitarian kitchen works for anyone and everyone. All you need to do is keep out the clutter and keep only the things that you use regularly in your kitchen in India. Do not forget to keep a designated space for everything from the large containers to the ladle while going about an Indian kitchen design.
Are modular kitchens better?
There are modular kitchens, traditional ones and semi-modular or semi-traditional ones too. Some good modular brands help you keep the kitchen setup prim, proper and looking spacious. For Indian kitchen, a semi-modular look may be better.
What are some of the brands for modular kitchens?
Hettich, Johnsons Kitchens, Godrej Interio, Kohler and Hafele are some of the popular brands. Check the costing before you finalise your kitchen designs..
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org