All you need to know about Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor

[] Here is everything you need to know about Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor

In a move to connect the farther ends of the National Capital Region with Delhi, via a semi-high-speed rail corridor, the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC), in 2017, planned three Rapid Rail Transit corridors – Delhi-Meerut, Delhi-Panipat and Delhi-Alwar. The Delhi-Meerut RRTS will pass through Ghaziabad and will run at a speed of 160 kmph. The foundation stone was laid by prime minister Narendra Modi in March 2019 and currently, the construction is in full swing.

You are reading: All you need to know about Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor

Read also : How to list a property to get maximum leads?

Delhi-Meerut RRTS

Delhi-Meerut RRTS project details

The Delhi-Meerut RRTS is an 82-km rail corridor that will connect the national capital of Delhi with Meerut, via Ghaziabad. To be built at an expense of Rs 30,000 crores, the corridor will have 25 stations (including access points to other transit corridors). The RRTS will also have two depots at Duhai and Modipuram. The NCRTC has started the construction work on the priority section between Sahibabad and Duhai, which is expected to be operational by 2023. The entire stretch is likely to be completed by 2025.

[] All about Delhi Metro Phase 4

Delhi-Meerut RRTS route

Sarai Kale Khan (Pink Line Metro, Indian Railways, ISBT) Muradnagar
New Ashok Nagar (Blue Line Metro) Modi Nagar South
Anand Vihar (Blue Line Metro, Pink Line Metro, Indian Railways and ISBT) Modi Nagar North
Sahibabad (Blue Line Metro, Indian Railways) Meerut South
Ghaziabad Shatabdi Nagar
Guldhar Begumpul
Duhai Modipuram

Read also : Mumbai Development Plan 2034 receives government’s nod

The corridor will start from Sarai Kale Khan station in Delhi and will pass through some of the most populated areas of east Delhi and Ghaziabad to reach Meerut, terminating at Modipuram depot. A sizeable part of this route will be underground, including under the river Yamuna. Hazrat Nizamuddin and Sarai Kale Khan will also act as transit hubs, due to the presence of the Nizamuddin railway station, metro station and Sarai Kale Khan ISBT.

Check out price trends in Ghaziabad

Delhi-Meerut RRTS: Key features

  • The Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is India’s first RRTS corridor and will be integrated with various modes of transport, for seamless movement of commuters.
  • All RRTS stations will have platform screen doors for enhanced commuter safety.
  • The NCRTC is also in talks to obtain a loan to the tune of 60% of the project’s cost. The remaining 40% will be borne by the centre and the UP and Delhi governments.
  • For the first time in the country, drones have been allowed by the civil aviation ministry, for GIS mapping of the corridor. The remotely piloted aircraft system will be utilised for data acquisition, for mapping and implementing the web-based information system platform.
  • The RRTS rolling stock will be the first-of-its-kind in India, with a design speed of 180 kmph. With a stainless steel outer body, these aerodynamic RRTS trains will be lightweight and fully air-conditioned.


Which metro station will be aligned with Delhi-Meerut rapid rail route?

Anand Vihar, Sarai Kale Khan, New Ashok Nagar and Anand Vihar will be aligned with the Delhi Meerut RRTS.

What kind of train will run over the track of Delhi Meerut RRTS?

The RRTS rolling stock can run up to speeds of 180 kmph.

Who got the Delhi-Meerut RRTS project contract?

L&T has bagged the contract for the construction work of package-1 and package-2 of the Delhi Meerut RRTS.

Copyright belongs to:

Category: Lifestyle

Debora Berti

Università degli Studi di Firenze, IT

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button