[ecis2016.org] Kolathur is one of the busiest localities of the city of Chennai. Being one of the oldest residential areas of the city, it is well-planned and has a mixed population. The locality is very well-connected to all the parts of the city of Chennai
The locality of Kolathur, which is located in the northern part of the city of Chennai, is famous for its ponds. Infact the name of the area has been derived from the number of lakes or ‘kulams’ that it has. The locality is also famous for its trade of ornamental fishes. The Integral Coach Factory of the Indian Railways, is located in close vicinity to the area.
You are reading: Kolathur property market: An overview
The locality serves as a residential area, mainly for the working class people in the manufacturing sector. Being one of the oldest and well-planned areas, Kolathur has a wide range of civic amenities and is very well-connected to the other parts of the greater city.
As far as Kolathur real estate is concerned, the locality has a mix of residential and commercial complexes. Nearby Kolathur localities include Perambur, Anna Nagar, Villivakkam, GKM Colony, etc. Due to advent of various IT majors and other multinational corporations into Chennai, the city has witnessed a rapid influx of working population from outside. Consequently, there has been a surge in the demand for residential apartments in Kolathur, which is a suburb of Chennai.
Many real estate projects are being developed by prominent builders in Kolathur like Unitech, Navin Housing, etc. A few of the noted projects in Kolathur include VGN Platina, Dugar Group Estate and Unitech Chaitanya.
Connectivity with nearby Kolathur localities
- The Inner Ring Road, Madhavaram High Road, Kolathur Main Road and Siruvallur Road, are some of the prominent roads which run though the area.
- The locality is located approximately 10 kilometres away from the Koyembedu Bus Stand, which is the hub for bus transport in Chennai.
- As far as metro connectivity is concerned, the Koyembedu Metro Station and the Chennai Central and the Egmore Metro stations are located at a close proximity.
- The Chennai Central and the Chennai Egmore suburban railway stations are located very close, approximately 13 and 10 kilometres from the area, respectively. Kolathur is also served by the Villivakkam railway station, which is one of the largest in the city of Chennai.
Also See: Check out affordable houses for sale in Kolathur at ecis2016.org
Employment hubs near Kolathur
- The Tamil Nadu Industrial Corporation is located close to the locality – approximately 15 kilometres away.
- Quanta Engineers and ETL Infrastructure-Chennai One, are located approximately 5-6 kilometres from the locality.
- Navin WSS Towers, Khadar Nawaz Khan Road and the Visharanthi Homes are located at an approximate distance of about 9-10 kilometres from the area.
Some of the reputed schools in Kolathur include the Doveton Correy Boys Higher Secondary School, Don Bosco Matriculation Higher Secondary School and Chennai Corporation Higher Secondary School. Some of the leading hospitals in Kolathur include the Amrit Hospital, Abhijay Hospital and Stanley Hospital. For shopping needs, the malls in Kolathur include the Fountain Plaza, Abhirami Mega Mall, Spectrum Mall, etc.
Price trends in Kolathur
- Price appreciation – around 32% in the last one year.
- Current property rates – Rs 4,376-6,031 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Kolathur
Considering the price trends in Kolathur and the rising demand, the locality provide good returns on investment. There is good potential for appreciation of property rates, with a number of projects being developed. The area has a great mix and variety of residential and commercial properties. The area offers excellent connectivity and social infrastructure and these are the reasons for its rapid growth. There is no denying that Kolathur is certainly one of the best places to live in Chennai.
Check properties in Kolathur
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org