[ecis2016.org] Here we bring you the latest bunk beds for kids design ideas, so that you can easily choose on that would fit your home
A bunk bed is every child’s dream these days. A bunk bed for kids is a type of bed in which the frame of one bed is stacked on top of another and can be reached by a ladder, so that all the beds occupy the same floor space. The room becomes more spacious with it and the fun element attached to it makes it every child’s wish. Let us look at some of the bunk bed designs that you can choose for your kids.
You are reading: Bunk beds for kids: How to choose the right variety for your home
Bunk beds for kids: How to choose the right one?
The right kind of bed is very important for your children’s room. However, choosing the best bunk bed for kids is not easy. One should keep three things – safety, comfort, and appearance – in mind while choosing the bunk beds for kids. The two points – safety and comfort – are more important for kids. Let us look at some of the features that should be kept in mind while choosing bunk beds for boys and girls.
[ecis2016.org] How to set bed direction as per Vastu
Bunk beds for kids: Safety features
Before deciding on the bunk beds for kids, you should take care of the following safety parameters.
- First, check if your child’s age is appropriate to use bunk beds. It is not advisable for kids below five years to use bunk beds.
- The headspace between the top of the bunk bed and the ceiling should be at least two to three ft.
- Be careful about the ceiling fan as it should not be close to the upper level of the bunk bed. It is recommended that you should not have a ceiling fan in the room with bunk beds. You can use stand fans instead of a ceiling fan. Or you can shift the ceiling fan so that your child’s hands or legs do not touch it at any distance.
- The top bed of a bunk bed should be high as per the age of the child. It should not be too high for your child.
- The edges of the bunk bed and the ladder should not be sharp. It should be smooth so that it does not hurt your kids.
- The bunk beds for kids should have safety railings so that your children do not roll over and fall.
- There should be no sharp décor element that protrudes out of the bunk bed.
- A bunk bed with night lights attached, especially on the ladder, is a very good safety feature.
Also see: Child bedroom designs India
Bunk beds for kids: Measurement
Like in any furniture, you need to first take the measurement of your room and decide the size of the bunk bed for kids. Measure the ceiling height and floor space before deciding the height of the bunk bed frame and number of levels in the bunk bed for kids.
Bunk beds for kids: Functional designs
While simple bunks beds may have two or three beds, the functional ones come with storage system, study table, chair, wardrobe, etc. So, choose as per the requirement of your room. If you opt for the full set, do not go for separate pieces of furniture and instead, opt for something that fits like a jigsaw puzzle in the children’s room.
Standard bunk beds come with two levels and a ladder to get onto the higher level. However, bunk beds with added features or setups like built-in desks and bookshelves are increasingly popular options. These function as an overall unit. So, parents can avoid buying additional furniture that also need safety checks. Go for rounded edges and smooth handles. Seek your child’s opinion and gauge how the bed will be used. Your children can give their views on whether they need a space to sleep or have a multi-use set-up for study and play.
Bunk beds for kids: Durable materials
As bunk beds for boys are kid specific, look for sturdy materials that are children friendly. Bunk beds are available in materials like wrought iron, metal and wood. If the material used is brittle, it may result into accidents. In the wake of Coronavirus pandemic, it is recommended to use laminate with anti-viral properties, if you are choosing a wooden base bunk bed for kids.
[ecis2016.org] All about PVC laminate sheets
Bunk beds for kids: Various designs
Bunk beds for kids design #1:
This simple and sleek wooden bunk bed for boys is classic and evergreen.
Bunk beds for kids design #2:
This is a safe design, where steps of the loft beds are sturdy, and can be used for storage.
Bunk beds for kids design #3:
This double-deck bed design has a double bed below with a bunk bed above.
Bunk beds for kids design #4:
This bunk bed for kids is a compact with an attached wardrobe. With this design in the kids’ room, there is no need for a wardrobe.
Bunk beds for kids design #5:
This bunk bed design for girls, in floral upholstery, looks classy.
Bunk beds for kids design #6:
Bunk beds for kids design #7:
This bunk bed with a study table and a slide attached, is a complete package for children to sleep, study and play.
Bunk beds for kids design #8:
This bunk bed design for kids gives the feeling of living in a tree house.
Bunk beds for kids design #9:
Bunk beds for kids design #10:
This thematic bunk bed for boys is a dream come true for them.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org