[ecis2016.org] Water fountains attract positive energy to your home, provided you place it in the right position as per Vastu Shastra
Water fountains have always been an important decorative element. It is said that the water element brings positive energy into the surroundings. If you too are planning to add a water fountain to your home or office, follow these Vastu Shastra and Feng Shui tips, to bring in prosperity, luck and fortune.
You are reading: Water fountain for home Vastu: Tips to bring positive energy
Vastu directions for water fountain placement
[ecis2016.org] Vastu Shastra tips for a temple at home
Benefits of water fountain at home as per Vastu
Here are some of the benefits of keeping water fountains at home:
- According to Vastu, flowing water symbolises the flow of money, wealth and positivity in the surroundings. So, keeping indoor water fountains is considered auspicious.
- Water fountains for home also add beauty and elegance to any space. It brings sophistication and class to the overall home design.
- The sound of water flowing creates a soothing ambiance, adding tranquillity of your home environment.
- It is believed that the flowing water of the fountain reactivates stagnant chi, restores balance to the area and produces beneficial yang energy.
Also read about Money plant Vastu: Right direction for placing money plant at home and tips to follow
Where to keep the water fountain in house?
The right placement of a water fountain is very important, as it channelises cosmic energies of the universe to make your home a positive place to live in.
The ideal water fountain direction as per vastu is the north direction since it is suitable for placing water elements and invites positive energies in the house.
- Other than north, the north-east and east are also fine for placing the water fountain, as per Vastu. Since these directions are compatible with water elements, experts always suggest these positions for placing any water-related feature, including indoor fountains.
- According to garden Vastu, the north-east or east directions in the garden are ideal places to install a water fountain. When choosing a water fountain for home garden, make sure you keep some Vastu rules in mind. The colour associated with this space is white and hence, marble water fountains or white-coloured fountains are ideal.
- In case you are unable to find a suitable place for the indoor fountain in the Vastu recommended directions, you can place a metal water fountain in the north west corner.
[ecis2016.org] Vastu tips for north-facing home
- As per Vastu, water fountains in front of house in the south, the south-east or the west zone are not recommended as these directions are not at all compatible with water elements.
- Install the water fountain in living room, as per Vastu, near the main entrance of your home to invite positive energies. This will prevent negative energy from entering your home. The waterfall or indoor fountain should be placed in such a way that its water flows in the direction of your house and not in the outward direction of the house.
- Do not place the water fountain indoors in the middle of the property, as per Vastu, as it can hinder the energies and can stop it from reaching its full potential.
Different types of water fountains
|Type of water fountain||Impact|
|Metal, stainless steel or copper||For bringing precision, organisation and joy.|
|Stone or ceramic||For bringing stability.|
|Tabletop fountain||For bringing fortune.|
|Tall fountain||For bringing more wealth and luck.|
|Hanging fountain||For bringing happiness and positivity.|
As specified above, there are different types of water fountains available in the market, with each having different effects as per Vastu and Feng Shui. Water elements like an artificial waterfall for home should be placed in the northern direction.
[ecis2016.org] Tips to bring wealth and good luck using elephant figurines
Vastu tips for fountains with light
Light is an important element in Vastu. Good lighting lifts one’s mood, is calming and makes the space cheerful. The sattva corner of a property is represented by the north-east, which is for wisdom and positive energy. Hence light fittings in the north and east walls brings home good vibes and prosperity. So, opt for water fountains with white and off-white lights. Trickling water can be synchronised with music, lighting or both, to create a waterfall fountain for home that flows in rhythm and looks stunning. The lights add to the tranquil visual effect.
[ecis2016.org] Fish aquarium home
Tips for buying water fountains
- Try and select an indoor fountain design for home that does not clash with the décor of your home.
- Some fountains work only with the batteries. It may be better to opt for ones that work on power supply.
- Ensure that the wire is of adequate length, to reach the electric socket. You can also opt for eco-friendly, solar-powered water fountains.
- Try and buy a fountain which has LED lights, so that you can use it at night for a magical impact.
- Check the size of the fountain carefully, so that it fits well depending on the space where you wish to keep it. Pick a small water fountain for home if there is limited space.
- When selecting fountain design for home, opt for water features such as jets, water strings, falls or slides along the wall or glass, depending on the space.
- Ensure that the sound of the flowing water appeals to your senses and is soothing. The sound should not be too soft or too loud. The noise level of the pump should be low.
- If you are buying a Ganesh water fountain or Buddha water fountain for home, as per Vastu, do not keep it on the floor directly, Instead, place it on a small table, above eye level.
Read all about laughing Buddha direction in home as per Vastu
Water fountain maintenance: Dos and don’ts
- Water fountains should not be kept in the bedroom, as it may harm relationships. In fact, avoid keeping any kind of water element in the bedroom.
- The best position to place the water fountain at home is adjacent to the home entrance, in the north direction. You can also use a water fountain for home garden.
- The flow of water in the fountain should be continuous and there should be no stagnation as this may hinder progress.
- Clean the water fountain regularly, to ensure that it does not accumulate dirt, grime or algae. Also, the stagnant water can be a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Add a small amount of hydrogen peroxide, to prevent the growth of algae and other germs.
- Place the fountain away from direct sunlight.
- If the water in the fountain does not flow equally on all sides, make sure it flows towards the house and not away from it. For example, in a cascading waterfall fountain where the water flows down to one area, ensure that it is towards the house.
- Water flowing towards the front door of the house symbolises wealth and prosperity. Water flowing away from the house may result in a loss of wealth or an increase in financial problems.
- Water decorative items should not be kept in the kitchen as the area already has the presence of water.
[ecis2016.org] How to get rid of negative energy at home
Water fountain in office as per Vastu
Keeping decorative showpieces or paintings of water fountains in the office is considered to be auspicious. Vastu tips for positive energy in home states that the water features attract wealth and ensures positive energy flow. However, when placing the water fountain, one should consider the Vastu guidelines:
- The ideal direction for the water feature is the north direction. This placement will invite new business opportunities, career growth and success.
- Make sure the water fountain is always flowing.
- Using crystals and essential oil in the fountain will double the positive energies.
- You can also keep a small fountain for home office and place in the Vastu recommended direction.
[ecis2016.org] Know about triangle plot Vastu
- Home Décor tips inspired by your Zodiac sign
- Laughing Buddha statue: All you need to know about its placement and direction at home
- White wardrobe design: 12 white cupboard design ideas for your home
- Best interior décor gift items for the Diwali season
- Garden hut designs to enliven your outdoor space
Where should water fountain be kept in the house?
Water fountains should be kept at the main entrance. You can refer to this article to know the right direction.
Is an indoor water fountain good for home?
You can keep a water fountain in the living room, drawing room or dining room.
Which are the places where water fountains should not be kept?
One must never keep a water fountain in the bedroom, kitchen or in the bathroom.
How can one decorate the water fountain?
Fountains can be decorated with pebbles, rocks, green plants, figurines, lights and so on.
Can we keep waterfall in house?
One can keep a water fountain in the northeast or east direction. Flowing water denotes the flow of wealth and attracts good luck.
Where do you hang a waterfall picture?
A waterfall picture in the house must be placed in the northeast direction.
(With inputs from Purnima Goswami Sharma)
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org