GVK achieves financial closure for Navi Mumbai airport

[] The GVK Group has said that it has achieved financial closure, for the construction of the first phase of the Navi Mumbai International Airport

Navi Mumbai International Airport’s executive chairman, GVK Reddy, announced that the GVK Group had achieved financial closure for the construction of the first phase of the airport, on schedule. “This will now enable us to focus on the next steps, which is the construction and completion of the first phase, of yet another landmark airport in India,” said Reddy in a statement. The infrastructure major had bagged the financial bid to build and operate the second international airport in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region – Navi Mumbai – at an investment of Rs 16,000 crores this year, beating rival GMR Group.

You are reading: GVK achieves financial closure for Navi Mumbai airport

Read also : India and Germany to collaborate, for implementation of the National Clean Air Programme

[] Zaha Hadid Architects to design Navi Mumbai International Airport

The airport is a public-private partnership venture, in which the GVK-led Mumbai International Airport Pvt Ltd has a 74 per cent stake, with CIDCO, the Maharashtra government’s nodal agency for the project, holding the remaining 26 per cent. GVK Mumbai International Airport was declared the winning bidder for the greenfield international airport that will be built on 1,160 hectares in phases and will eventually cater to 60 million passengers per year.

Read also : CREDAI to hold international exhibition of Indian properties in Dubai, from December 7-9, 2017

The initial concession period is 30 years from the appointed date, which is extendable for a further 10 years. The concession agreement for the Navi Mumbai International Airport was signed on January 8, 2018, between Navi Mumbai International Airport and City and Industrial Development Corporation (CIDCO). GVK, which currently manages the Mumbai International Airport through its subsidiary GVK Airport Developers, said Yes Bank would be the lead bank and mandate lead arranger for phase I and phase II of the airport project.

Copyright belongs to:

Category: Lifestyle

Debora Berti

Università degli Studi di Firenze, IT

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button