[ecis2016.org] Kodambakkam is one of the oldest and posh localities in Chennai. It is well-planned and has a cosmopolitan population. Its central location, makes it well-connected to all parts of the city
Known as a hub of the Tamil film industry, Kodambakkam is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Chennai. The locality has a history which dates back to the Pallava and Chola dynasty and later during the British rule, it became a part of the greater city of Chennai. The first movie studio and theatre of Chennai, was established in this area. Later, a number of other studios were also started here. Music composer AR Rahman has his house and studio in the locality. As far as infrastructure is concerned, the locality is dotted with many important roads. One of the first flyovers of Chennai was built in the area, way back in the 1970s, to ease the traffic congestion of the area.
You are reading: Kodambakkam property market: An overview
As far as Kodambakkam real estate is concerned, the locality has premier residential complexes. Nearby Kodambakkam localities include KK Nagar, Ashok Nagar, T Nagar, Vadapalani, etc. Many real estate projects are being developed by prominent builders in Kodambakkam like Siddharth Housing, Navin Housing, etc. A few of the noted projects in Kodambakkam include Siddharth Housing Tulsi, TVH Eden, Navin Housing Krishna Gokulam, etc.
Connectivity with nearby Kodambakkam localities
- Poonamalle High Road, Dr Shivaji Ganesan Road, Sardar Patel Road and Anna Salai Mount Road are some of the prominent roads, which run though the area.
- The locality is located at a distance of approximately 7 kilometres from Koyembedu Bus Stand, one of the landmarks in Chennai.
- As far as metro connectivity is concerned, Koyembedu Metro Station, International Airport Metro Station, Chennai Central Metro Station and Egmore Metro Station, lie in close vicinity.
- The Chennai Central and Chennai Egmore railway stations are located very close, i.e., approximately 9 and 7.5 kilometres (respectively) away from the area. Kodambakkam also has its own railway station.
- The international airport is at a distance of approximately 12 kilometres from the locality.
[ecis2016.org] Property rates & trends in Kodambakkam, Chennai
Employment hubs near Kodambakkam
- Tamil Nadu Industrial Corporation is located very close to the locality and is approximately 7 kilometres away.
- Quanta Engineers and ETL Infrastructure- Chennai One, are also located approximately at a distance of 5 kilometres from the locality.
- Navin WSS Towers, Khadar Nawaz Khan Road, Madras Stock Exchange and Visharanthi Homes, are located at an approximate distance of 3-4 kilometres only from the area.
Kodambakkam offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in Kodambakkam include Kendriya Vidyalaya Senior Secondary School, LMD Senior Secondary School, Vadapalani Matriculation Higher Secondary School, etc. Some of the leading hospitals in Kodambakkam include the Surya Hospital, Amma Hospital, Vijay Hospital, etc. The shopping needs of the residents are catered by malls in Kodambakkam such as the Maya Plaza, Forum Vijaya Mall, Matrix Mall, etc.
Price trends in Kodambakkam
- Price appreciation—Around 36% in the last one year.
- Current property rates—Rs 6,322-Rs 10,937 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Kodambakkam
Having a cosmopolitan population, Kodambakkam has a variety of residential projects to suit the various needs. It offers excellent connectivity and social infrastructure and these are the major reasons for its rapid growth. Thus, there is no denying that this region is a preferred place to live in Chennai. Further, considering the price trends in Kodambakkam and the rising demand, the locality will definitely prove to be a good investment region in future. The region is likely to witness good appreciation in its property rates. With a number of projects which are being developed, the area will only grow further.
Check properties in Kodambakkam
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org