[ecis2016.org] Perungudi, located very close to the IT hubs and industrial zones of Chennai, is a rapidly-developing area, with good civic amenities and is very well-connected to the other parts of the city
Perungudi is a residential area located in the southern suburbs of Chennai. Nearby Perungudi localities include many famous areas of the city, such as Pallikaranai, Palavakkam, Neelankarai, Karapakkam, Thoraipakkam, etc. A variety of projects are available in the area, ranging from affordable housing to luxury apartments. There are a lot of reputed builders, like Arun Excello, Nahar Foundations and Arihant, who are working on their different projects in Perungudi. Some of the premier projects in Perungudi include Royal Splendour Akarshana, Nahar Foundations Regency, Ramaniyam Aneika, Doshi Nakshatra, etc.
You are reading: Perungudi property market: An overview
Read also : All about Andhra Pradesh RERA
The area lies very close to the IT hubs of Chennai. As a result, there has been a surge in the demand for residential apartments in Perungudi. Although there has been a rapid increase in the prices of the flats in Perungudi, affordable housing to suit the needs of the mid and the junior-level executives of the various companies, can still be found here.
Perungudi has been recently brought under the purview of the City Corporation of Chennai and the plans for a number of infrastructure projects have been drawn up. The civic amenities have also improved here. The growth of the industrial and IT sectors, have led to the development of retail and hospitality, as well. The area is located on the eastern banks of Pallikaranai wetlands, which is a rich source of biodiversity.
Connectivity with nearby Perungudi localities
- There are a few major roads which run through the area, i.e., the Rajiv Gandhi IT Expressway, Inner Ring Road, East Coast Road and OMR.
- The area has an extensive bus service and the Adambakkam Bus Stand, Guindy Bus Stand and Chrompet Bus Stand lie in close vicinity.
- There are railway stations at Tambaram and Guindy and both the railway stations are approximately 17 and 8 kilometres (respectively) from Perungudi.
- The Alandur Metro Station and St Thomas Mount Metro Station also lie in close vicinity.
- The international airport is nearby to Perungudi too.
Employment hubs near Perungudi
- The MPL Towers is located near Perungudi.
- Bahwan Cybertek IT Park is located approximately 2 kilometres from the area.
- ASV Suntech Park and Prince Info City are also approximately 4-5 kilometres away.
- Shapoorji Pallonji Infocity is located approximately 1 kilometre away from the area.
Perungudi offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in Perungudi include the American International School, New Prince Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Abacus Montessori School, etc. Some of the leading hospitals in Perungudi include Dr Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Fortis Malar Hospital, Velachery KS Hospital, etc. The shopping needs of the residents are catered by malls in Perungudi such as the Phoenix Market City, Vantage Plaza, DLF Mall, etc.
Price trends in Perungudi
- Price appreciation—Around 20% in the last one year.
- Current property rates—Rs 4,807-Rs 7,590 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Perungudi
Read also : Builders to pay for air pollution: NGT
Perungudi enjoys proximity to the IT parks and industrial zones of Chennai. Also, Chennai City Corporation has recently taken over the administration of the area, which means that there is good scope for development of infrastructure facilities in this region. Further, considering the price trends in Perungudi and the rising demand, the locality has the potential to be a good investment region in future. There will be excellent appreciation of property rates in the area and with a number of projects which are being developed, the area will only grow further.
Check properties in Perungudi
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org