[ecis2016.org] Mentioned in this article is all about the Shahjahanabad Redevelopment Corporation, Delhi, which is responsible for the conservation of man-made and natural heritage in the national capital
The Shahjahanabad Redevelopment Corporation (SRDC), Delhi, endorses the conservation of built and natural heritage in the national capital. With an aim to maintain these structures and cultivate a positive outlook in the city’s development path, the SRDC was set up as a company limited by shares not for profit, under section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956.
The SRDC, a non-profit organisation, was established to be responsible for conservation of the urban and civic heritage that includes historical landmarks and monuments that have great cultural and social relevance and excellent artisan and architecturally relevant works.
[ecis2016.org] All about Delhi Master Plan 2041
Shahjahanabad Redevelopment Corporation, Delhi: Objectives
1) To conserve the environmental property of Delhi, including the rock-cut formations, rivers, ancient city walls, bridges, gates, etc. and to improve the civic services in the national capital. To achieve this, funds have to be arranged from time to time, using the various government-announced schemes like the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) or similar ones.
2) To conceive development and redevelopment programmes and implement the same using various frameworks, including the public private partnership (PPP) model, for the conservation of natural and built monuments, historical landmarks and other important artefacts of historical relevance.
3) To appoint consultants, experts and academicians in the field of history and archaeology, who can suggest policies and programs that will be advantageous for conservation.
4) To support other organisations, including the non-governmental organisations working towards supporting conservation, to save, protect and preserve all or different parts of urban heritage.
[ecis2016.org] All about Delhi Urban Art Commission (DUAC)
Shahjahanabad Redevelopment Corporation, Delhi: Associations
In a bid to take forward its objective of conservation of national heritage, the SRDC has partnered with premium institutions that offer their support. These include:
- Jamia Millia Islamia University
- Delhi Institute of Heritage Research and Management
- School of Planning and Architecture
Shahjahanabad Redevelopment Corporation, Delhi: Contact details
Shahjahanabad Redevelopment Corporation
2nd Level, A-Wing, Vikas Bhawan-II, Upper Bela Road,
Phone No: 011-23813268,69
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Shahjahanabad Heritage Club ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also visit the SRDC website on http://srdc.delhigovt.nic.in for more details.
What is Shahjahanabad Redevelopment Corporation, Delhi responsible for?
The SRDC is a non-profit organisation that is responsible for conservation of the urban and civic heritage, including historical landmarks and living monuments that have cultural and social relevance.
Which premium institutions has the SRDC partnered with?
The SRDC has associated with the Jamia Millia Islamia University, the Delhi Institute of Heritage Research and Management and the School of Planning and Architecture, to take forward its aim to conserve and preserve our heritage.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org