[ecis2016.org] In order to get the best results from your yoga practice, certain ground rules must be flowed while setting up a yoga corner in your home
The Coronavirus pandemic has forced all of us to make lifestyle changes. For some, staying at home has given them time to focus on their skills. For others, it has given them a chance to connect with family though active participation in the daily chores. Most of all, the pandemic has made us all acutely aware of our health and well-being, prompting us to engage in physical exercises like yoga that help us build better immunity. If you do not already have a space at home for exercising, here are some simple changes you can make, to practice yoga at home.
You are reading: How to create the perfect yoga corner in your home
Dedicated area for yoga
You should not practice yoga at any place that suits your fancy on a particular that day. Just like you have to keep a designated workstation during your work-from-home days, you need a designated yoga corner, to be able to exercise, with a certain level of discipline. So, select a room or a corner where there will be minimum interruption.
While selecting this space, be mindful of the following:
- You should ideally not choose a corner of your bedroom for yoga practice. This is the room where you are supposed to rest and relax. The vibes of a yoga practicing area and the bedroom are, thus, entirely different and should not overlap.
- To get the best results, a yoga practitioner must have great focus. This is only possible in an area where there are no disturbances. So, your yoga corner should not be very close to the kitchen or the living room.
Lighting for the yoga room
Open spaces that allow access to the natural air and light, are ideal for yoga. This makes gardens, balconies and terraces the perfect places for you. In case these are not available, any space with fair access to air and sunlight must be chosen, for the yoga practice.
Home décor for yoga area
To give the area a more personalised vibe, you could decorate the yoga area, keeping in mind some of the pointers given below.
- Mark your yoga space with simple wallpaper or vinyl wall stickers, to set it apart from the rest of the room.
[ecis2016.org] Wallpapers: For quick and inexpensive makeovers
- Add crystals, seashells, smooth rocks, or anything that reminds you of nature and brings a calm feeling, to the area. You can also add candles in ornamental candle stands.
- Lighting incense sticks, fragrant candles, or diffusers with essential oils, are great ways to feel relaxed while you practice.
- A statue of Buddha, or any other symbol of spirituality that resonates with you most, can be used to bring instant peace to your yoga space.
Read also : Cool gadgets to make your home smarter
Also read: Buddha statue for home Vastu tips
- Add some house plants that are easy to take care of. Plants instantly liven up the energy of a space.
[ecis2016.org] Add greenery to a small space, with vertical gardens
- If the sound of wind chimes makes you feel calm, add one made of either crystals or sea shells, to your yoga space.
- Keep a speaker handy, to listen to your favourite music while working out. Keeping your headphones on is certainly not a good idea and most yoga practitioners advise against it. The speaker would also be helpful, if you are taking online yoga lessons.
How do I make yoga space at home?
While selecting a space for yoga exercise at home, ensure that you will be undisturbed and there is ample natural air and light.
What is the best color for a yoga room?
Soothing and relaxing colours, such as light shades of purple, pink, blue or green, are ideal for the yoga room.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org