[ecis2016.org] Karan Johar house which is a duplex sprawled over 8,000 sq ft is located on the 12th floor, in one of the most posh locations in Mumbai – Bandra’s Carter Road
Karan Johar, the iconic movie-maker, producer, the man behind Dharma Productions, TV show host (Koffee with Karan) and multi-talented celebrity, has been a part of mainstream entertainment for over two decades. He made his directorial debut in 1998 with the smash hit Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and has never looked back since, directing blockbuster movies including Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham in 2001, Kal Ho Naa Ho in 2003 and Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna in 2006 along with producing innumerable successful films. Karan Johar lives in Mumbai with his mother Hiroo Johar, his twin children Roohi and Yash Johar and his pet dog Nobu. Karan Johar house location is Bandra, which is one of the most coveted locations in Mumbai.
You are reading: Karan Johar’s Mumbai house: Lavish and yet, simple
[ecis2016.org] All about Mukesh Ambani house
[ecis2016.org] A peek into Shahrukh Khan’s house Mannat
Karan Johar house address
Where does Karan Johar live? The five-member family live in all of 8,000 sq ft at Karan Johar’s duplex situated at Carter Road in Bandra, Mumbai. The Residency Mumbai is the name of Karan Johar’s luxurious house, where he lives on the 12th floor. Karan Johar often hosts parties at this apartment, for his superstar friends in Bollywood – from Shah Rukh Khan to Abhishek Bachchan and Hrithik Roshan. SRK’s wife and noted interior designer Gauri Khan has given her own special touch to Karan Johar’s home, transforming a bedroom into a charming nursery for his twins, as well. Karan Johar owns several other properties in India and purchased this swanky apartment back in 2010.
Also see: A peek inside filmmaker Rohit Shetty house
Karan Johar house valuation
The realty transaction may put Karan Johar house worth at Rs 30 crores as per estimates, taking an estimated rate of Rs 40,000 per sq ft, for one of the poshest locations in Mumbai.
[ecis2016.org] Know more about Salman Khan house at galaxy apartment
Karan Johar house in Mumbai: Key facts
Karan Johar’s lavish duplex house comes with a stunning terrace, which has been specially designed by Gauri Khan and can be seen in many interior pics and inside tours. This terrace in Karan Johar residence has tinted glass doors that also function as mirrors. It is a huge modern space in white and black hues, with geometric floor tiling in the same palette. Low tables characterise the lounge area, along with wood and marble detailing. An elegant white couch is offset with beautiful yellow cushions. The terrace in Karan Johar residence also has a charcoal grey, sculpted bar table, along with dramatic lighting fixtures.
During the lockdown, the Karan Johar residence terrace evolved from being an evening party spot to the Johar family’s preferred area, for spending time together. He was also seen with his mother and children, taking part in the Janta curfew at this spot. Karan Johar loves designs and accessories, which are unconventional and his dining room reflects this taste. His out-of-the-box fashion sense can be strongly seen in his luxurious home. The Karan Johar house represents his unique aesthetic sense.
Also read all about Farhan Akhtar’s home
Here are some key facts worth noting:
- Karan Johar’s house has massive windows with grey marble flooring and wood-paneled false ceilings.
- Ebony interiors create a sleek look, while the glossy black dining table and white seats infuse elegance into the interiors.
- The dining room in Karan Johar house also contains an olive green leather couch and a wall filled with photographs from the director’s childhood and photographs of his children too.
- A swanky chandelier infuses yellow light into this space. Warm lighting pervades the entire duplex house, along with art pieces.
- Karan Johar house has a massive painting that fuses together saturated yellow, red and blue hues, in tandem with typography.
- The staircase is a favourite place in Karan Johar residence to take pictures and is lined with railings in burnt gold colour and glass. The wooden staircase also matches the décor theme of the formal dining space.
Read also : Photographs, for a picture-perfect home décor
[ecis2016.org] A look at Aamir Khan’s properties
- The all-white living room has marble flooring and light wooden accents. This is a complete departure from the formal dining zone.
- There are floor-to-ceiling windows which fill up the room with ample light and an informal dining table with grey chairs. There are toys dotting the walls along with a massive flat screen television, where the family watches movies.
- The bedroom has an immaculately carved deep green leather and dark wood sleigh bed, along with a premium tan leather armchair, an ash grey couch and a bookshelf spilling over with trophies won by the director-producer over decades.
- The bedroom also has warm wooden flooring, which matches his large walk-in closet perfectly. The room also has a tranquil corner with rugs and sofas.
- His washroom has a spotless white Jacuzzi positioned against black tiles and there is a small screen where he can watch movies.
- The huge walk-in closet in Karan Johar house also gets wooden flooring along with plush interiors.
[ecis2016.org] Top posh areas in Mumbai
- There are multiple shelves and rows stocking his designer acquisitions, along with the best shoes that money can buy.
- The floor-to-ceiling mirror in Karan Johar house is where the director loves taking many of his selfies.
- The twins also have space for their belongings in this closet and this is visible in the recent pictures of its contents. Almost every top label is present here including Balenciaga, Gucci, Manish Malhotra, Fendi, Yeezy and Nike, among others.
- His twins, who he had through surrogacy in February 2017, have a beautiful nursery exclusively designed by Gauri Khan. The children’s room is the most vibrant zone in the entire home, with ivory interiors.
- There are two cribs, which may have been replaced now that the twins have grown up, along with an all-white closet and a big mustard couch in the nursery, set against dark and wooden flooring for contrast.
- Jungle-themed decals, innumerable stuffed toys and foam carpets, along with printed cushions, mini chairs and stickers dot the room.
- The space also has an arched bookcase, along with furniture pieces crafted from PVC. This is one of the key highlights of the Karan Johar residence.
Karan Johar latest updates
Karan Johar has been in the news lately. After Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, which he directed about five years back, Karan Johar will be finally directing a movie again, which will be called Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani. He announced this officially and took audiences through his journey as a director via a wonderful video. He stated that this was the start of a whole new journey for him and a means of getting back home. He added that he was excited to return to his favorite place, while looking to create some more eternal love stories from behind the camera. The story, according to Johar, would be special, embracing family and love.
What also grabbed the headlines was Johar’s announcement that his new directorial outing would star Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt in lead roles along with a stellar lineup of supporting actors like Shabana Azmi and Dharmendra who would play Alia’s grandparents while Ranveer’s grandmother would be played by Jaya Bachchan. The movie has been written by Shashank Khaitan, Ishita Moitra and Sumit Roy.
In a recent post, Jaideep Ahlawat posted that Karan Johar once stated that he never wanted to show the audience realism and instead, wanted to show them a dream world. Jaideep stated how he liked this philosophy while talking about how Johar clearly knew what he was doing. However, he added that he had never worked with Karan Johar as an actor although he had worked in his productions. He talked of how he was intrigued to find out how Karan Johar was on the set if he ever got an opportunity. He also stated that everyone had heard stories of how emotional he was about his ‘dream world’ stories.
Where is Karan Johar’s Mumbai house located?
Karan Johar’s Mumbai house is situated at Carter Road in Bandra.
What is the total size of Karan Johar’s Mumbai house?
Karan Johar house Mumbai spans 8,000 sq ft.
On which floor does Karan Johar live?
Karan Johar lives on the 12th floor of The Residency project in Bandra.
How much does Karan Johar house cost?
The value of Karan Johar’s house is estimated at least Rs 30 crores to Rs 32 crores.
Who is father of Karan Johar?
Yash Johar, a noted Bollywood producer and movie-maker and the man behind Dharma Productions, is Karan Johar’s father.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org