[ecis2016.org] West Mambalam is one of the oldest localities of the city of Chennai. Being one of the oldest residential areas of the city, it is well-planned and has a mixed population. The locality is very well-connected to all the parts of the City of Chennai
West Mambalam is one of the oldest neighbourhoods located in the city of Chennai. The area was a village which was later included in the city of Chennai, when the zamindar of the area handed over the administration of the locality to the British. The Mambalam railway station is one of the oldest railway stations and was built in 1911 after which the area became urbanised. A part of the locality was developed into commercial centre presently known as T Nagar. As far as the infrastructure is concerned, the locality is dotted with many important roads. One of the first flyovers of Chennai was built in the area way back in the 70’s which eases the traffic congestion of the area.
You are reading: West Mambalam property market: An overview
As far as West Mambalam real estate is concerned, the locality has premier residential complexes. Nearby West Mambalam localities include KK Nagar, Ashok Nagar, T Nagar, Vadapalani, etc. Many real estate projects are being developed by prominent builders in West Mambalam like Sidharth Housing and Navin Housing. A few of the noted projects in West Mambalam include Sidharth Housing Tulsi, TVH Eden and Navin Housing Krishna Gokulam.
Connectivity with nearby West Mambalam localities
- Poonamallee High Road, Dr Sivaji Ganesan Road, Sardar Patel Road and Anna Salai Mount Road are some of the prominent roads which run though the area.
- The locality is located at a distance of approximately 7 kilometres from Koyambedu Bus Stand, one of the landmarks of bus transport in Chennai.
- As far as metro connectivity is concerned, the Koyambedu Metro Station, International Airport Metro Station are located at close proximity.
- The Chennai Central and Chennai Egmore suburban railway stations are located very close, approximately 9 kilometres and 8 kilometres from the area respectively. West Mambalam also has its own railway station, which is one of the largest in the city of Chennai.
- The Chennai International Airport is at a distance of approximately 10 kilometres from the locality.
[ecis2016.org] Property rates & trends in West Mambalam, Chennai
Employment hubs near West Mambalam
- Tamil Nadu Industrial Corporation is located very close to the locality and is located about approximately 5 kilometres away.
- Quanta Engineers and ETL Infrastructure- Chennai One are located approximately at a distance of 8 kilometres from the locality.
- Navin WSS Towers, Khader Nawaz Khan Road, Madras Stock Exchange and the Vishranthi homes are located at an approximate distance of 5-6 kilometres from this area.
West Mambalam offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in West Mambalam include the Kendriya Vidyalaya Senior Secondary School, LMD Senior Secondary School and Vadapalani Matriculation Higher Secondary School. Some of the leading hospitals in West Mambalam include the Surya Hospital, Amma Hospital and Vijaya Hospital. The shopping needs of the residents are catered to by malls in West Mambalam such as the Maya Plaza, Forum Vijaya Mall and Matrix Mall.
Price trends in West Mambalam
- Price appreciation- Around 26% in the last one year.
- Current property rates- Rs 6,027 – Rs 12,914 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in West Mambalam
Considering the price trends in West Mambalam and the rising demand, the locality would prove to be a good investment. There is excellent appreciation of property rates, with a number of projects being developed here. The area has a mixed population. Moreover, the varieties of the residential projects are many. The area offers excellent connectivity and social infrastructure and these are reasons for its rapid growth. There is no denying that West Mambalam is certainly one of the best places to live in Chennai.
Check properties in West Mambalam
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org