[ecis2016.org] Here is a photo story on home terrace design ideas to inspire you
As per the Oxford Learners Dictionary, a terrace is ‘a flat, hard area, especially outside a house or restaurant, where you can sit, eat and enjoy the sun’. Having a terrace at your disposal is a matter of luxury, especially in big cities where any extra space comes at a premium cost. Since a terrace is nothing less than a privilege, due care must be taken to get the most from this personal space. This article is a pictorial guide to selecting the perfect terrace design for your home.
You are reading: Home terrace design ideas to get inspired from
Let us start with some extraordinary designs to help you make up your mind about the type of home terrace design that you find most charming.
[ecis2016.org] House roof design ideas to beautify home exteriors
Home terrace design tips
- A terrace is not only an area to relax and unwind but also an ideal space for health-conscious people to perform daily workouts. When working from home, this open area can also become a part-time workstation. Develop your home terrace in such a way that you can use it optimally for every purpose.
- Your terrace is the perfect place to add greenery within your home. Even if there is limited space, incorporate some greenery in this space.
[ecis2016.org] Terrace garden design ideas
- Deck up your terrace with suitable type of furniture. The furniture must be comfortable for both, relaxation and work. Make sure not to over-crowd the terrace with too much furniture. A combination of solid coffee tables and bean bags can make it the ideal place to spend time.
- Use vibrant colours in your furniture and décor items to deck up your home terrace.
- The lighting on your terrace must lift the mood. This could easily be achieved with a mix of accent and statement lights. Hanging lights from the terrace ceiling and fairy lights on plants, could do the trick.
- A large terrace can also be partially covered to accommodate a hot tub or a Jacuzzi for some ‘me’ time.
- Do not forget to add a hammock, if possible. Even a plain terrace can turn into a charming lounging area if you just string up a hammock. Hammocks come in a huge variety and are quite affordable. Choose one that fits your style.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org