[ecis2016.org] Here is your guide to selecting the right brick house designs for your home
One recurring thing among many architectural marvels in the world is the usage of bricks. An oft-used material for house construction, bricks, with their rustic and rugged appeal, have traditionally been used to build grand structures of historical importance. Brick house designs remain quite popular in the modern world, too, as they enable the house to stand apart from the rest – a brick house has a different character altogether and there is no chance of anyone missing it in any crowded street. Aesthetically appealing and structurally robust, brick house designs remain immensely popular in India. As a home owner, if you fancy such a construction and plan to have one for yourself, this brick house design guide will provide you with a head-start.
Brick house designs: What is a brick house?
A brick house is a structure that is built, either using two layers of brick or one layer of concrete mix and one layer of brick. Since a brick house remains cool during the summer and stores heat in winters, they have been traditionally quite popular in countries like India, with all weather conditions.
Benefits of brick homes
- Highly robust
- Highly durable
- Easy to maintain
- Water and moisture-resistant
- Low maintenance
- Adds value to the home
- Aesthetically appealing
Disadvantages of brick house design
- Limited colour options
- Low resale value
- Not easy to remodel
Brick house design ideas
Also read all about Exterior wall tiles
- Chunky Pandey’s Mumbai house: A combination of elegance and nostalgia
- Real estate at the centre of a sustainable future: Why realty players should focus on green buildings
- Console table with storage: 16 design ideas to suit your home décor
- Check out these small bathroom designs in India
- Modern house cupboard designs for your home
Brick house designs for interiors
Rather than going for a complete brick structure, if you would prefer to incorporate it in certain areas of your home, here is a pictorial guide to get inspired.
Brick wall design loft
Brick wall design bedroom
Brick wall design kitchen
[ecis2016.org] Wall texture design ideas
Brick wall design living room
Brick house design tips
- When paired with more modern elements like tiles, mirrors and metal, exposed brick walls become the essence of modernity and tradition. Mix and match these concepts to create a unique appeal in your brick house.
- While red, white, black and subtle hues of neutral colours remain a common choice to whitewash brick walls, you could also experiment with pop colours, to make your brick wall design interesting.
- Opt for large windows to accentuate brick house designs.
Copyright belongs to: ecis2016.org